Speed UTV

Has Robby posted any info on any social media outlets or has it just been radio silence?
It's been almost a week since he posted any more of the "almost" completed cars.

A few days ago he posted on a few things about the Hisun factory being open still during Covid lockdowns, but that there were a few suppliers that were on lockdown and it was effecting them.

Radio Silence....something good is not going on.......I want them to succeed as much as anyone, but they are blowing it right now.... feel like I'm watching Trump and just want to shake the chit out of him.
Damn! You would think they would try and do some kind of damage control

Damn! You would think they would try and do some kind of damage control
Exactly....something even the truth would be better than this.... the Rumor mills are saying....REALLY bad news that's why they are radio silent.  I mean if it was anything else, they would be talking....even if they are on vacation with their families....Todd showed you can do it from a cabin.....make the effort. 

At this point I am kinda over them talking.  

They haven’t met a deadline or delivery commitment yet.   Why do you think them  blowing smoke up our asses is gonna be anything different this time.   Common courtesy, they should at least be kicking out a email to the customers like a professional company would.   But no,  they expect the customers to search the internet for a random Tibet's of information.  Remember just because Robby was a good racer 15 years ago doesn’t make him a good businessman.  I have a bad feeling this isn’t gonna end well.   

I find it pretty funny. All of us “ Haters “ questioned this stuff a year ago. The ones that argued the most have gone radio silent or bailed and deleted all posts. One member that seemed pretty neutral but was a ticket holder has gone radio silent as well. Not naming names but it rhymes with cramp fliers and mules. Then there is LOTD or SoCalDMax that has been quiet but that’s a nice change of pace! Then finally we have another that seemed to feel the same as we did. Then he went on the dark side. Now he seems to be back! You know who you are!  Sometimes you just need to look at the situation at face value. As others have said, by the time this makes it to the market, Polaris and CanAm will have passed them on the cool factor and Speed won’t be important anymore. Sad, Speed could have been a bad azz game changer if not for some douche bags. 

I find it pretty funny. All of us “ Haters “ questioned this stuff a year ago. The ones that argued the most have gone radio silent or bailed and deleted all posts. One member that seemed pretty neutral but was a ticket holder has gone radio silent as well. Not naming names but it rhymes with cramp fliers and mules. Then there is LOTD or SoCalDMax that has been quiet but that’s a nice change of pace! Then finally we have another that seemed to feel the same as we did. Then he went on the dark side. Now he seems to be back! You know who you are!  Sometimes you just need to look at the situation at face value. As others have said, by the time this makes it to the market, Polaris and CanAm will have passed them on the cool factor and Speed won’t be important anymore. Sad, Speed could have been a bad azz game changer if not for some douche bags. 
Has anyone done a health check on Lord of the Doom  its really not like him to back down?

Its gonna really suck if  Speed is DOA

I am a "golden ticket holder" and I don't really post here because it is the same 7-8 people just saying the same stuff over and over and over. Sand Shark seems like a nice enough guy, but if you took out his redundant posts, this thread would be at 150 pages :classic_laugh: :classic_laugh:  . As you know, there has been no information from Speed. But I did received an email from Todd last week, just the same stuff. Fortunately for all those who care so much for us ticket holder.......I am doing fine. I have lots of toys and hobbies to keep me going. I don't sit at home on the couch eating Prozac like they are skittles. 

I have thought about selling, but there is nothing I can buy for 30k that "should" work as well as a Speed. I am not a SxS guy. So a Can Am or Polaris will not happen. I am actually getting the urge to build another VW. I don't know why.....after the last one I built, I said I would never do it again. But once you go black........errrrr........VW, you never go back. Merry Christmas Moofers, talk to you in 9 months when I get my 30 day notice :)

I am a "golden ticket holder" and I don't really post here because it is the same 7-8 people just saying the same stuff over and over and over. Sand Shark seems like a nice enough guy, but if you took out his redundant posts, this thread would be at 150 pages :classic_laugh: :classic_laugh:  . As you know, there has been no information from Speed. But I did received an email from Todd last week, just the same stuff. Fortunately for all those who care so much for us ticket holder.......I am doing fine. I have lots of toys and hobbies to keep me going. I don't sit at home on the couch eating Prozac like they are skittles. 

I have thought about selling, but there is nothing I can buy for 30k that "should" work as well as a Speed. I am not a SxS guy. So a Can Am or Polaris will not happen. I am actually getting the urge to build another VW. I don't know why.....after the last one I built, I said I would never do it again. But once you go black........errrrr........VW, you never go back. Merry Christmas Moofers, talk to you in 9 months when I get my 30 day notice :)
This is a great post.  Appreciate your insight on the matter.  

But a tad curious, if you are not a SxS guy, what is a Speed UTV?  Asking for a friend, thanks. 

BUMPING  :bangin:
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great post.  Appreciate your insight on the matter.  

But a tad curious, if you are not a SxS guy, what is a Speed UTV?  Asking for a friend, thanks. 
I am a 95% Baja and desert driver. SxS's (you pick the brand) just aren't (weren't) built to the standard I would want. Granted I am basing this off or 3 years ago when I put my money down on the speed. They have come leaps and bounds since then.

NOTE: this is just my opinion of what I want and trust. There are 1000's of happy SxS owners all over Baja and the deserts. Every time we would prerun the baja races, all the SxS's would break. I am part of the Jimco Racing team. We even had Jimco built SxS's that would break. They just were not robust enough of fast enough.

3 years ago, I knew I was going to be retiring soon and I wanted something simpler and cheaper. So I sold my Alumicraft Prerunner as I didn't want to buy another transaxle or have that repair bill hanging over my head in retirement. The Speed car addressed every issue I had with the other SxS's. So I put a deposit down. 

I do admit I thought the car would of came out sooner, based on what the original concept was. But as the wait got longer, the car got better. The car is 10x better than the stretched out XX with Yamaha motor that I signed up for. So wait I will do. 

I keep reading about this and it’s not directed at anyone . A lot of people, including a couple of my friends all had the same feeling when they were sold on a Concept. There’s nothing wrong that. Although it seems that for what was offered by SpeedUTV, you couldn’t pass up the deal. Many choices were made to lay a deposit down based on what you were going to get. Value for the dollar. I truly hope this mess gets worked out. 

Business 101 - Under promise and over deliver. That’s all you gotta do. 

I keep reading about this and it’s not directed at anyone . A lot of people, including a couple of my friends all had the same feeling when they were sold on a Concept. There’s nothing wrong that. Although it seems that for what was offered by SpeedUTV, you couldn’t pass up the deal. Many choices were made to lay a deposit down based on what you were going to get. Value for the dollar. I truly hope this mess gets worked out. 

Business 101 - Under promise and over deliver. That’s all you gotta do. 
Business 100.9. - Communication 

As a battle I got into with LOTD over a year ago, the SPEED UTV is still a concept car. As said earlier, people were sold on what the car was boasted to be. The car has grown to be much much more than the original idea. BUT that’s just it, the car is still a concept that’s ever evolving. Until the car hits the public, it’s not in production. So really, the concept is still just promises. I truly hope they make it. It would be good across the board if they do.

I saw a post on IG today, which is a week old, that was on RGs account.  In the comment section someone comment how China was a mess with the Covid shut down.  RG commented they were hoping it would be back open soon and it was holding them up.   Hopefully the factory is up and running as I believe China was loosening their strict Covid policies. 

I doubt the first 100 cars will be delivered even in January.  

Back