Speed UTV

I’d think the labor costs would be too much to keep the price under $75k to build in the US
Think about it. A Chinese Company can build a bunch of parts and have them shipped to a port, Load them on a ship and sail across the Pacific to Ensenada Mexico have a longshoreman unload them, put them in a truck drive across Mexico into Texas then unload them cheaper than they can have a shop in the US build them.

Think about it. A Chinese Company can build a bunch of parts and have them shipped to a port, Load them on a ship and sail across the Pacific to Ensenada Mexico have a longshoreman unload them, put them in a truck drive across Mexico into Texas then unload them cheaper than they can have a shop in the US build them.
It would likely go to Mazatlan and then shipped to the Hisun factory near Monterey, MX.  From there to Texas.  

40 minutes ago, Crusty said:

A year ago..

A year ago when the ticket holders were excited they would be getting their cars.  LOL!!!

Was doing some reading this weekend about China and its manufacturing and shipping. It's down like 35% from this time last year which was horrible back then. Apple, Tesla, Volkswagen, etc are all waiting on parts and some have stopped production. They don't expect anything until the 1st of the year. China doesn't have a good natural immunity like the United States so this winter is going to be horribly bad for them getting sick or locked down. Some are predicting they won't come back online 100% until the end of April. I'm no expert in this matter and I've seen people here post that are much more educated in this matter so feel free to correct me where I'm wrong.

Last I read Robbie posted that some of the parts he's waiting on have been stalled for 3 weeks now and he didn't answer any questions as to when they'll be back in production. There's a few select manufacturing areas in China that they've relaxed COVID rules on, let's hope the speed manufacturing plant is in one of those cities. I think his claim of pulling random cars off the assembly line may be a little bit of an exaggeration because there's not enough parts to even finish 100 of them.

He appears to be very close though, I see light at the end of the tunnel.

Question for those that know a lot about China. With huge companies like Apple Volkswagen Tesla etc needing parts, when the workers come back to work are those larger companies offering incentives to get started on their products first? I can't see a small company like speed getting priority in the work atmosphere over there. I imagine there's a lot of poaching going on for employees and production

Last edited by a moderator:
I already have my Speed tool kit.  I use it all the time.  Super handy.  

Too bad they can not get the manufacturing done at the facility in Mexico.  My understanding is the Mexico facility is just an assembly plant. 
Or McKinney, TX.....

Who knows.  Right now it looks like manufactured and assembled in China with plans undetermined. 
If there's been one consistency in this whole development process....

Was doing some reading this weekend about China and its manufacturing and shipping. It's down like 35% from this time last year which was horrible back then. Apple, Tesla, Volkswagen, etc are all waiting on parts and some have stopped production. They don't expect anything until the 1st of the year. China doesn't have a good natural immunity like the United States so this winter is going to be horribly bad for them getting sick or locked down. Some are predicting they won't come back online 100% until the end of April. I'm no expert in this matter and I've seen people here post that are much more educated in this matter so feel free to correct me where I'm wrong.

Last I read Robbie posted that some of the parts he's waiting on have been stalled for 3 weeks now and he didn't answer any questions as to when they'll be back in production. There's a few select manufacturing areas in China that they've relaxed COVID rules on, let's hope the speed manufacturing plant is in one of those cities. I think his claim of pulling random cars off the assembly line may be a little bit of an exaggeration because there's not enough parts to even finish 100 of them.

He appears to be very close though, I see light at the end of the tunnel.

Question for those that know a lot about China. With huge companies like Apple Volkswagen Tesla etc needing parts, when the workers come back to work are those larger companies offering incentives to get started on their products first? I can't see a small company like speed getting priority in the work atmosphere over there. I imagine there's a lot of poaching going on for employees and production
The problem I have is the "production line" statement has changed about 16 times now. 

Oh, here's the final production (cars assembled in a breakroom on jackstands with handtools).

Finalized production! (cars sitting in an empty warehouse)

Oh, that's just QA from the main production (no pictures)

5 more cars: Final QA on production cars!  (still no production line pictures)

And so on and so forth...

Or McKinney, TX.....

If there's been one consistency in this whole development process....

The problem I have is the "production line" statement has changed about 16 times now. 

Oh, here's the final production (cars assembled in a breakroom on jackstands with handtools).

Finalized production! (cars sitting in an empty warehouse)

Oh, that's just QA from the main production (no pictures)

5 more cars: Final QA on production cars!  (still no production line pictures)

And so on and so forth...
I'm still confused about those who deleted their posts.. Speed supporters I assume?

abc

One of them did keep all of his posts of crashed RZRs and Can Ams alive, so there's that at least. :biggrin:
Oh thanks for leaving your big box of . . . for us all who aren't into that Crashed / Burned SXS Kink.

sJ4NiRa3ULhFqo2tFBE4KrNQGdFy4xFnO0u4FG2Rc6c.jpg

Just dropped of my 2 sets of Foodrill boxed arms to be powder coated. Gonna do (SPEED orange) for The Orange One and black for The Black One.. I truly will have a SPEED themed Polaris/Joyner.. 

Noticed there was an Indy car in the lobby.. guess who's it was?.. yup ROBBY GORDAN's! 

:rofl:

Small world.

abc

0B437905-CA08-4FAF-9295-1E9A2546E2CB.jpeg

19530FBD-E27E-49DD-9C70-A5C62407DA4D.jpeg

A298BA53-6BEA-4886-8AF2-119324DAA19F.jpeg

38AF0636-5D8C-44B1-B8C5-C8A6E4AC8BBD.jpeg

1A0203D3-8A68-4F8B-8C04-C884DA810C75.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just dropped of my 2 sets of Foodrill boxed arms to be powder coated. Gonna do (SPEED orange) for The Orange One and black for The Black One.. I truly will have a SPEED themed Polaris/Joyner.. 

Noticed there was an Indy car in the lobby.. guess who's it was?.. yup ROBBY GORDAN's! 

:rofl:

Small world.

abc

View attachment 51742

View attachment 51743

View attachment 51744

View attachment 51745

View attachment 51746
i see ABC in the very near future redoing his stickers on the outside of his rzr with SPEED stickers just to eff with everyone

Back