Speed UTV

Anyone know what happened here at Glamis Saturday night?  Looks like some sort of mechanical issue,  blue Speed car is still rolling.  

View attachment 51008
I am sure Speed will let us know about another on the fly change made to prevent whatever happened to the Speed UTV getting towed. 

So with so many folks at Glamis for Thanksgiving, hard to believe nobody got to see the Speed cars running around.  Only saw a couple short videos one was them passing folks at the hill, then a night shot of one being towed on sand highway back to Biffels.  I would have thought all the hater would have jumped in their X3 or Pro R's and chased them down giving them a run.  Oh well another missed op for Speed to show off their car shooting up olds or even the drags against other SXS.  

I hope "Whereshotboat" and the lucky 100 get theirs before the end of sand season.  I for one have given up on the idea of having mine soon and will see what happens 2023 season.  In the mean time by Sand Car keeps me smiling everytime I hit the dunes.  

Totally understand the frustrations with how Speed is clammed up after weekly shows for past two years sharing so much info.  Now crickets after saying production is in full swing for the past few months.  I get it, not all parts are made at Hisun and now it appears the other outsourced parts are not up to par.  Scary that Chinese New years will shut down the country for several weeks throwing even more of a wrench into the mix.
Joey - By the time Speed showed up to Glamis a lot of people had already left.   This Thanksgiving was the quietest and smallest crowd I have seen in 20+ years of going to Glamis for Thanksgiving.   

Olds was not crazy packed when we went by during the day or even at night.  Swingset probably had the most people and the drags on Friday. 

Dunes were fairly empty and the wind smoothed them out.  

Joey - By the time Speed showed up to Glamis a lot of people had already left.   This Thanksgiving was the quietest and smallest crowd I have seen in 20+ years of going to Glamis for Thanksgiving.   

Olds was not crazy packed when we went by during the day or even at night.  Swingset probably had the most people and the drags on Friday. 

Dunes were fairly empty and the wind smoothed them out.  
Agree.  We head out Friday before and leave Tuesday or Wednesday.  Every single year we have to navigate the maze to exit the washes when leaving except this year.  Barely anyone there.

Yup.. 10 years since I did that weekend.. this time, like most, Thursday - Tuesday before the crazy weekend. Don't need the crowds and sh__ show,.. not interested. We had a blast duning and OWNED Glamis. 

... back to SPEED.. still think the Pro R is the main 'killer' now.. SPEED was/is a big undertaking and the timing was really bad (RG couldn't have predicted that).. I never want to buy a 1st gen anything

If I was a 'ticket holder' I'd be out the door ASAP just to get whatever deposit I had in sold (no mark-up), sell it and get a Canned Ham or Polaris/Joyner.. do the upgrades to the cage, suspensions, lighting or whatever... and call it a day. Get back into the sport.

$.02

abc

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree.  We head out Friday before and leave Tuesday or Wednesday.  Every single year we have to navigate the maze to exit the washes when leaving except this year.  Barely anyone there.
We left Saturday morning and the only wash that was packed was Wash 6 and those spots near the railroad track.  I was expecting to see camps in the whoops and all over the place as we drove down washroad.  There were way less people than at Camp RZR.  

at this point this thread is almost "General Discussion" board material, ha ha

e6a3f6c6a3255bcfc0e3237d5e45c195.jpg

I wonder why it wasn't packed, seeing that the economy is booming and gas prices are at an all time low! 
Nobody out there giving away freebies.............

I rode the South Dunes all week, pretty quiet.  Some really good runs.........we didn't have anyone within 500 yards camped near us either.

anyone have the link of the unicorn tow in glamis on youtube? or possibly post it here?  

CalCity was absolutely PACKED, but no SPEED UTV sightings. Just a few Miata's and a Wildcat XX "Pre-Pre-R&D-Production SPEED), even a OG Rhino...

View attachment 51031
Quite a collection of cars there.  Mobbing the Miata in Cal City has to be fun. 

Had several friends out in Cal City last weekend.  

Quite a collection of cars there.  Mobbing the Miata in Cal City has to be fun. 

Had several friends out in Cal City last weekend.  
yeah we had a wide variety of rigs this weekend vw sand rail, 2 miatas, 2 4seat x3s, 1 2 seat maveric, 1 rhino, 1 wildcat xx, 1 yxz, 1 talon and a bunch of old school 70s, 80s, 90s, 250sx, 450 bikes, quads, 3-wheelers and a pre-runner jeep

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah we had a wide variety of rigs this weekend vw sand rail, 2 miatas, 2 4seat x3s, 1 2 seat maveric, 1 rhino, 1 wildcat xx, 1 yxz, 1 talon and a bunch of old school 70s, 80s, 90s, 250sx, 450 bikes, quads, 3-wheelers and a pre-runner jeep
I think we all need a video of high speed through the whoops in the Miatas... :biggrin:

Yeah, because scamming investors of billions in a "revolutionary" blood testing method is extremely similar to taking thousands of deposits for an off road car and not delivering said cars  . . .
 lies are lies 

Not always....her's was  lie from day one...never had a test, never was going to deliver a test...it was all a scam....Robby, has a car, business environment changed drastically and NOBODY could have seen it coming, except for Fauci.... that little rat bastard. 
Oh stopppppp lol 😂

Back