Speed UTV

I'd assume the same the first 100 are all test mules and probably what they use to teach the dealers, and or also be special cars for their "elite friends" to race prep-market-SEMA build. I've heard/read quite a few talking about getting Speed cars (DeBerti-Baldwin-Nascar guys) some of these guys all have current deals with other manufactures so it's been tough to read between the lines of sponsorship and just another golden deposit holder
The first 100 cars are assembly line built production cars, not pre-production. They are being super QC'd so they get pulled off of the assembly randomly. The cars being shown the last week on the IG and FB pages, are actual customers cars, that are in the "accessory" stage, meaning, they are 90% complete and having their individual accessories added.

When I received my call from Robby about being moved from #125 to within the first 100 cars, he specifically told me that, his "friends" were being moved out so that customers would get cars before them, and that California dealers, specifically Coyne, would not be getting cars until they go their CARB cert.  So no, these first 100 are not elite friends, or test mules.

Not sure on all of that, but in terms of legit production numbers for race sanctions, etc., they wont be close to the needed numbers.

Also in regards to 49 state they wont be sold in Kalifornia yet

And hand built might be cool for some folks, but not a real test on the quality of the car because it isn't a true production car.  

Who is doing the hand building?  A 12 year old slave labor in china, or a 13 year old in mexico?  

Just food for thought

The first 100 cars are assembly line built production cars, not pre-production. They are being super QC'd so they get pulled off of the assembly randomly. The cars being shown the last week on the IG and FB pages, are actual customers cars, that are in the "accessory" stage, meaning, they are 90% complete and having their individual accessories added.

When I received my call from Robby about being moved from #125 to within the first 100 cars, he specifically told me that, his "friends" were being moved out so that customers would get cars before them, and that California dealers, specifically Coyne, would not be getting cars until they go their CARB cert.  So no, these first 100 are not elite friends, or test mules.
Aren't all cars built on an assembly line, "assembly line built production cars"?  These are hand built, so why would the messiah clearly state this as fact? 

Shouldn't all cars be super QC'd? and randomly pulled off?  What if your car isn't super QC'd or randomly pulled off?  

Just curious, thanks for the info

Have they given you insight as to when you might see your car?  

Have they given you insight as to when you might see your car?  
When Robby called me, he said he was hoping the week of Thanksgiving, but more realistically it would a few weeks after that. He did not give me an exact date.

Watching the last couple videos, It appears the ran into some issues with "some" of the parts being supplied, one of which was something to do with the axles, and this parted needed to be reworked to make them exactly like what was ordered. I don't think they were expecting little issues with supplied parts, and thats part of the hold up now.

Since the original call, I haven't gotten any "new" dates for delivery.

Due to the actions of DTA and Nikal we will now have a 30 minute edit window, you can all thank them for that. 
I don't understand why most, if not all forums DON'T have a limit like that.  The ones that really get me are classified sections.  It really could be a useful tool when shopping to see what stuff has gone for recently.

:thumb:

Due to the actions of DTA and Nikal we will now have a 30 minute edit window, you can all thank them for that. 
Seems very strange someone would take the time and effort to delete all their posts,  perhaps they are on the inside at Speed and had a falling out with Robby. If I remember correctly all of Nickel’s posts were pro Speed.  Hopefully the Speed ship isn't sinking or a lot of off roaders gonna get burned.  I’m Sure Robby and Todd have protected themselves inside a corporation.   One thing I think for sure is,  Robbys reads all the posts on Speed Utv.  It would be nice if he would step in here and answer some questions.  Speed being evasive and not taking question’s  just adds rumors and fears to the process.  Still really troubling how Speed “Forgot” to do a show on Thanksgiving that they heavily promoted.

I don't think to many people that have deposits on this car is worried, If they were you would see people selling out  and just getting there money back. You do see guys trying to make money on there deposits. If you really think this car is a flop these people would be happy just to get there deposit back. I seen one post the other day where a guy wanted to make 10,000 dollar profit, That guy doesn't  believe that the car won't happen or he would just try and break even. I will buy someone's number and pay you what you have invested and give you the interest on the 1,500 you would of made from your bank. If your worried about losing a penny here is your chance
$1500 is not a realistic number, that would be the lowest possible entry point without any accessories.  My guess the average deposit holder is invested 10K -15k especially with a fully loaded El Jefe Robby Gordon edition.   Also there are people that paid a small premium to buy a early resale number.  Not to mention the 2 price increases due to inflation/ covid.  So your $1500 offer is not in least bit realistic.   Maybe in a fire sale situation,  but thats just being an opportunist.  Most people that can afford these car are not looking for a bailout,  they just want what was promised or at least decent communication from Speed. 

I bought my Diablo thru Nash Powersports.  Put $1500 down and was able to fully accessorize to my specs, so it’s possible to be “all in” at that amount. 

I bought my Diablo thru Nash Powersports.  Put $1500 down and was able to fully accessorize to my specs, so it’s possible to be “all in” at that amount. 
There are some that have just the $1,500 out there.  So NASH did not ask you to pay for the accessories up front like the people that bought directly through Speed?

There are some that have just the $1,500 out there.  So NASH did not ask you to pay for the accessories up front like the people that bought directly through Speed?
No they did not. I did spend a lot of time going back and forth with Speed and Nash making sure my specs were right and the costs were right.  And the Speed key was included for $1. 

So with so many folks at Glamis for Thanksgiving, hard to believe nobody got to see the Speed cars running around.  Only saw a couple short videos one was them passing folks at the hill, then a night shot of one being towed on sand highway back to Biffels.  I would have thought all the hater would have jumped in their X3 or Pro R's and chased them down giving them a run.  Oh well another missed op for Speed to show off their car shooting up olds or even the drags against other SXS.  

I hope "Whereshotboat" and the lucky 100 get theirs before the end of sand season.  I for one have given up on the idea of having mine soon and will see what happens 2023 season.  In the mean time by Sand Car keeps me smiling everytime I hit the dunes.  

Totally understand the frustrations with how Speed is clammed up after weekly shows for past two years sharing so much info.  Now crickets after saying production is in full swing for the past few months.  I get it, not all parts are made at Hisun and now it appears the other outsourced parts are not up to par.  Scary that Chinese New years will shut down the country for several weeks throwing even more of a wrench into the mix.

Anyone know what happened here at Glamis Saturday night?  Looks like some sort of mechanical issue,  blue Speed car is still rolling.  

7982E079-A824-4070-B4AE-89E7883B458A.jpeg

So with so many folks at Glamis for Thanksgiving, hard to believe nobody got to see the Speed cars running around.  Only saw a couple short videos one was them passing folks at the hill, then a night shot of one being towed on sand highway back to Biffels.  I would have thought all the hater would have jumped in their X3 or Pro R's and chased them down giving them a run.  Oh well another missed op for Speed to show off their car shooting up olds or even the drags against other SXS.  

I hope "Whereshotboat" and the lucky 100 get theirs before the end of sand season.  I for one have given up on the idea of having mine soon and will see what happens 2023 season.  In the mean time by Sand Car keeps me smiling everytime I hit the dunes.  

Totally understand the frustrations with how Speed is clammed up after weekly shows for past two years sharing so much info.  Now crickets after saying production is in full swing for the past few months.  I get it, not all parts are made at Hisun and now it appears the other outsourced parts are not up to par.  Scary that Chinese New years will shut down the country for several weeks throwing even more of a wrench into the mix.
Vendors always send you perfect "production" parts during prototyping.  They want the PO and you have time to back out if you notice problems.  It's when FRP hits and they're sending you pallets of parts that you find QA wasn't what you thought it was.  Especially true with overseas vendors.

Anyone know what happened here at Glamis Saturday night?  Looks like some sort of mechanical issue,  blue Speed car is still rolling.  

View attachment 51008
Patented mechanical failure. 

I assume drivetrain related since the engine is probably running (lights are on).  Speed needs longer straps. :biggrin:

I don’t care one way or the other as I have no interest in buying one even if they were available right now. After seeing whats going on in Chy-na currently its hard to believe anything produced there is in production. 

Back