Speed UTV

I do not know the financial picture of RG but I do know finance and my biggest concern at this point is cash burn. 

after the initial rush of pre orders the well will eventually run dry. Consider the original production time lines, his expense budgets would have been forecast with that in mind.  Now consider the timeline we are in now, revenue is non existent and I doubt he is still receiving new order deposits. 

expesnes haven’t stopped but revenue has, you don’t have to be an accountant to realize that this equation is no longer in balance. As a finance guy I have funded plenty of start ups and I will tell you the fastest way to piss your banker off is to miss your own projections. I will give you a mulligan or two but after that I am going to start looking for my exit that will protect my original collateral position to minimize loss. 

The IG Pics of the cars "pulled off the line" are horrible, why not show the line instead?

Is the message still trying to be "We care soooo much about QC?" what's the tipping point for QC vs Actual delivery of Cars to their owners.

I bet most would just want their car this point, even minor items are fixable right? Works for BRP and POL :js:  and this car should already be light years ahead....freaking nightmare at this point.

:dunno:

The IG Pics of the cars "pulled off the line" are horrible, why not show the line instead?

Is the message still trying to be "We care soooo much about QC?" what's the tipping point for QC vs Actual delivery of Cars to their owners.

I bet most would just want their car this point, even minor items are fixable right? Works for BRP and POL :js:  and this car should already be light years ahead....freaking nightmare at this point.

:dunno:
After 7x saying his name...  You'd think he'd be here... :biggrin:

I do not know the financial picture of RG but I do know finance and my biggest concern at this point is cash burn. 

after the initial rush of pre orders the well will eventually run dry. Consider the original production time lines, his expense budgets would have been forecast with that in mind.  Now consider the timeline we are in now, revenue is non existent and I doubt he is still receiving new order deposits. 

expesnes haven’t stopped but revenue has, you don’t have to be an accountant to realize that this equation is no longer in balance. As a finance guy I have funded plenty of start ups and I will tell you the fastest way to piss your banker off is to miss your own projections. I will give you a mulligan or two but after that I am going to start looking for my exit that will protect my original collateral position to minimize loss. 
This was a very fresh and real perspective that nobody has brought up.  Thank you!  I read that the folks that were promised the first 100 cars had to pay full amount even before delivery?  Weather true or not it would make sense after reading this.  Who freaking knows at this point.  

This was a very fresh and real perspective that nobody has brought up.  Thank you!  I read that the folks that were promised the first 100 cars had to pay full amount even before delivery?  Weather true or not it would make sense after reading this.  Who freaking knows at this point.  
You should pass the info along to the ticket holders. I’d be selling my spot yesterday. 

Just a thought but if I am Polaris, Can Am or possibly new player in the industry I would be licking my chops right now. 

if Speed does go Bk you would be able to purchase the production rights, patents and inventory for Pennie’s on the dollar. 

you could literally by Speed for a couple million and then finish the last 5-10% and have a full line of cars. 

Just a thought but if I am Polaris, Can Am or possibly new player in the industry I would be licking my chops right now. 

if Speed does go Bk you would be able to purchase the production rights, patents and inventory for Pennie’s on the dollar. 

you could literally by Speed for a couple million and then finish the last 5-10% and have a full line of cars. 
I would foresee RG making a deal with Hisun to finish it off and pay him royalties on the patents before he would ever let Can Am or Polaris have his work. 

I would foresee RG making a deal with Hisun to finish it off and pay him royalties on the patents before he would ever let Can Am or Polaris have his work. 
Nothing to stop Transamerican from merging/purchasing Hisun though.

But, I doubt they'd do that.  More likely just mildly skirt the patents and let Robby sue if he dares.  Nothing in those patents is really original, just sorta original for UTVs.

Wow so now, based off a picture on Instagram, Speed is BK....I knew something was up. 
LOL, naw.  Just what a finance guy said he'd do in this situation, then more speculation by the rest of the peanut gallery.

Which would all go away and the Tech Thread would explode if:

1. He sent pictures of the actual production line or completed units that said would be delivered around next week.  We all know this is a complete pipe dream unless he strangely kept completed units a secret, or he plans on shipping them air freight and they're currently at the airport.

2. He, you know, actually delivered on this UTV which "finalized production process" over a year ago, yet not a single customer ready unit has been seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I said that 150 pages ago  :classic_biggrin:

Whoa, whoa....   WHOA!!! 

Statements like that might make the phagboys, I mean fanboys heads explode.  And how dare you speak of their messiah in such a negative way.  

Nothing to stop Transamerican from merging/purchasing Hisun though.

But, I doubt they'd do that.  More likely just mildly skirt the patents and let Robby sue if he dares.  Nothing in those patents is really original, just sorta original for UTVs.
Polar-ass is dumping TAP.

Back