Speed UTV

I would have hardly call those UTV’s finishing behind the TT’s and Class 1’s a Polaris or Can-Am. Everything and I mean everything has been modified from a stock UTV. Some of these race vehicles are well over $100k. Just wanted to point out that it’s not a really good comparison.
I completely understand what kind of car they are. Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the drivetrain still Polaris and CanAm? The point was that RG has done an awful lot of bashing of the other manufactures. Then shows up to break down while the other piles of crap he bashed on are finishing. 

I was 'lucky' in the fact that with my TH, there was NO WAY I could fit a speed, even a 2 seater in it (too wide as I'm exactly 72" between the carpeted wheel wells and the Turbo S is .. 72". .. that being said, I'm still rooting for this to make Polaris/Joyner and Canned Ham produce better vehicles. 

Looks like if you want a Pro R.. or a Canned Ham, you ought to completely redo the front end (taco city). 

Need to check with my buddy deposit holders.. they were close to bailing last I spoke with them. One dude has an AC Diablo... he won't see that until 2024 IMO.

abc

I'd speculate that if production cars aren't steadily rolling out at retail soon after 1/1/23 it could get a bit ugly. I hope they get things rolling.

Get ugly? 😂

Its already ugly. That’s why you’re not hearing much from the Golden Ticket holders. 

I guess it's a matter of degree. I don't think it has been outwardly, publicly ugly TBH. Some have put their spots up for sale, but no fire-sale, or mass exodus, nor negative press from industry rags or web sites that I am aware of. That's when it gets ugly IMHO.  I hope they can come through.

Dear Robbie, Todd, and Speed,

Just show us the f@cking 100 units ready to deliver. Where are they? Still in China? Show us the million parts you have ready to go. Show us something other than the few hand built clapped out mules you drag from show to show.  Waiting for CARB, waiting for this and for that is total bullshit. 

SHOW US THE ASSEMBLED CARS! 

Yeah, that was what I was thinking.. now that the supply chain.. or CARB or whatever is effed.. they will only have 100 unicorns out there in the ethos....maybe it will generate more buzz?... but like the poster said.. 100 hand built is not a production line. 

How many (number) of these things (all models) have deposits on them?

... cause if it's like 10,000... it'd take a long while to build them without a true production line..

just sayin'

abc

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s just it. They have thousands of parts, no need to out source what they are short cause they can just build parts in-house, and a full assembly line just working away. Or maybe not?
That’s not a full assembly line. Actual Hisun line for reference:

image.jpeg

Where’s that? This is a warehouse with low rate assembly done on carts. NFW they’re getting under $40k per and 20,000 built with this process, especially with barely educated Uyghur slave labor overseas.   Where are the stations where each wage slave plugs the same components in all day? This isn’t really any different than the “finalized production process” we saw over a year ago. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that was what I was thinking.. now that the supply chain.. or CARB or whatever is effed.. they will only have 100 unicorns out there in the ethos....maybe it will generate more buzz?... but like the poster said.. 100 hand built is not a production line. 

How many (number) of these things (all models) have deposits on them?

... cause if it's like 10,000... it'd take a long while to build them without a true production line..

just sayin'

abc

View attachment 49491
They’ve got plenty of buzz. With the published 20,000 deposits they have on hand and this process, they better start R&D on electric drivetrains…

Ya I was just being a smart azz. I think RG was asked why there is nobody working on the cars in the pictures he posted. His answer was it was Sunday! That makes sense if it’s not a production line. Even if he puts out those first 100 cars, how comfortable would you be if you got one? I mean, if it takes this long to build a car, what happens if your cars breaks something? There is no dealership support out there for repairs yet is there? What kind of parts are on hand for repairs that aren’t slated to be used for building the cars? Feels like at least another year away before they are ready for that.

From a big picture perspective, those photos are not helpful. Just furthered the notion that "production", gen-yoo-ine production has not begun.

I kinda feel sorry for Speed.  We all agree to bring a SXS built from the ground up in 4 years is a phenomenal feat.  Robby was in China for over 3 months ensuring things were seriously happening and testing.  He showed us all the parts made and some process of manufacturing.  He was led to believe things would happen very soon since he was there and was probably told cars should be ready in a few months.  So he made the announcement that cars would be ready.  I mean come on if you were in his shoes would you not feel the same?  What nobody wanted to heart was all the red tape or delays that are encountered in manufacturing.  Sucks for Robbie and is kinda heart breaking as something bad must have happened thus the delay.  No shows no real updates.  I hope at least the 100 units are going to be delivered by end of the year so at least we all can get real world reviews and comparisons next to the SXS leaders out there.  The 100 owners can further test the hell out of them and report back what needs to be fixed to Speed.  Good luck Robby, I will ride and have a blast what I got till my Car gets delivered. 

Nothing in California surprises me. I have owned multiple business in Ca for the past 20 years. The inefficiencies of the government are mind boggling. If I ran my business like the government does, I would of been out of business 19 years ago. 

Yes, the silence is deafening. I have never been given a "date" but I have been hyped up......and let down so many times that I am numb to it. I really DGAF anymore. I don't plan or aim for a delivery date. It will show up.....when is anyone's guess. I actually hope it doesn't show up for a while. I invested all the cash for it. And as we all know, that moneys gone. Thanks Joe. 
Same boat. And I wouldn't mind just financing and letting my investment run but I imagine interest rates will be insane, also because thanks Joe.

Ya I was just being a smart azz. I think RG was asked why there is nobody working on the cars in the pictures he posted. His answer was it was Sunday! That makes sense if it’s not a production line. Even if he puts out those first 100 cars, how comfortable would you be if you got one? I mean, if it takes this long to build a car, what happens if your cars breaks something? There is no dealership support out there for repairs yet is there? What kind of parts are on hand for repairs that aren’t slated to be used for building the cars? Feels like at least another year away before they are ready for that.
Agree. It’s honestly just kinda sad.

I heard that there was some speed purchasers that got calls yesterday, Wish someone would speakup . Anyone ????

Back