Speed UTV

Nothing in California surprises me. I have owned multiple business in Ca for the past 20 years. The inefficiencies of the government are mind boggling. If I ran my business like the government does, I would of been out of business 19 years ago. 

Yes, the silence is deafening. I have never been given a "date" but I have been hyped up......and let down so many times that I am numb to it. I really DGAF anymore. I don't plan or aim for a delivery date. It will show up.....when is anyone's guess. I actually hope it doesn't show up for a while. I invested all the cash for it. And as we all know, that moneys gone. Thanks Joe. 
I am sure you are not the only one that has taken the cash and placed it elsewhere.   More people might be financing the purchase than originally intended. 

Nothing in California surprises me. I have owned multiple business in Ca for the past 20 years. The inefficiencies of the government are mind boggling. If I ran my business like the government does, I would of been out of business 19 years ago. 

Yes, the silence is deafening. I have never been given a "date" but I have been hyped up......and let down so many times that I am numb to it. I really DGAF anymore. I don't plan or aim for a delivery date. It will show up.....when is anyone's guess. I actually hope it doesn't show up for a while. I invested all the cash for it. And as we all know, that moneys gone. Thanks Joe. 
That year operating like CA does, is that only through sheer force of will?  Most would fold in 27 minutes... :biggrin:

Just to be clear, for most of us on this thread, we are NOT haters. We see the great IDEA that RG has put in motion and agree it will be great all the way around. In the end, even if we aren’t ticket holders, hopefully it forces our toy manufactures ( Polaris, CanAm, etc ) to step up their game and make a better product. We like the way this is headed. Poking fun at RG for running his yapper about how superior his product is and then not finishing races, breaking parts in front of crowds while your competitors finish without breaking, etc doesn’t make us haters. We point out the obvious. Someone pointed out that it reminded them of the Tesla truck showing. That is really how these last few years have gone. Now, as the adults WE are, our cars have been bashed multiple times by RG and the die hard ticket holders on this site, and yet we agree our cars have short comings and we would like to see the manufactures address them. Some of the bashing has been blown way out of proportion ie the CanAm front end will snap off if not careful unloading from the flatbed and all RZR’s can do is roast marshmallows! Us owners laugh it off as ADULTS should do. Heaven forbid we point out a bolt welded into a gap, doors that don’t open or close correctly, trailing arm tabs breaking off, etc to have the ticket holders attack like a school kid! Then the first race day comes. The race build of all race builds shows up ( mind you this is the car I want to buy ) and loses an oil line toasting the motor not far from the start line. That is comical. All the while those manufactures you bashed are all finishing. Some not just finishing but only a couple minutes off the TT’s and Class 1’s! Again, not hating……oh just read my sig for the rest.
I would have hardly call those UTV’s finishing behind the TT’s and Class 1’s a Polaris or Can-Am. Everything and I mean everything has been modified from a stock UTV. Some of these race vehicles are well over $100k. Just wanted to point out that it’s not a really good comparison.

I would have hardly call those UTV’s finishing behind the TT’s and Class 1’s a Polaris or Can-Am. Everything and I mean everything has been modified from a stock UTV. Some of these race vehicles are well over $100k. Just wanted to point out that it’s not a really good comparison.
NORRA race had a mix of UTVs.  Some full race builds and others in between.  But yes the UTVs that are finishing close to the big boy classes are full blown race builds.  

The SPEED UTV RG and Max showed up with at the NORRA race was also a full race build.  We shall see what they show up with at the Baja 1000. 

NORRA race had a mix of UTVs.  Some full race builds and others in between.  But yes the UTVs that are finishing close to the big boy classes are full blown race builds.  

The SPEED UTV RG and Max showed up with at the NORRA race was also a full race build.  We shall see what they show up with at the Baja 1000. 
FB says Speed will not be racing the Baja 1000.  Max XX will be there but not racing.  All has been quiet from Speed.  Another let down with dates but oh well its riding season and I'll be there next week having fun in my rail!

FB says Speed will not be racing the Baja 1000.  Max XX will be there but not racing.  All has been quiet from Speed.  Another let down with dates but oh well its riding season and I'll be there next week having fun in my rail!
Joey, I will be there on Tuesday, stop by in 13 and say hello.

Joey, I will be there on Tuesday, stop by in 13 and say hello.
do one better!  Im camping right next to you and bringing the Banda and paying them to play mariachi till 4 am!  Just dont tell Dave cause I'll have the band set up at his RV. See you and the crew next Thursday night!

oH YA forgot about the one-off Dakar car someone got him to build, RG mentioned it last Nov-Dec 2021 in the weekly videos just before it shipped then all was quite...

I don't think the speed team has done all that great in the XX, lots of penalties and DNFs. Even the publicity B1K for Top Gear tv show was a bust, that was all speed XXs.
Others have done OK in the XX in certain series but not the mains like BITD, SCORE, MINT-Worlds-CA300-martelli bro events. Like this past BITD race another team did better then Max overall. 9th overall out of 38 and 4th in class, Max was 20th and 8th DNF the laps.

View attachment 47915
What’s hilarious is how everyone is acting like any of these race cars are identical to what you would be getting from Speed. They might look the same on the outside but internally they are very different. I would gauge the performance of the vehicle based upon how Max finishes. Do we do this we any other performance Motorsport?

That's a big assumption (that production has continued after the first 100 cars). What have you seen that tells you that production is still ongoing? 100 cars in a single area is alot of cars. I have only seen 6 to 7 at a time. A far cry from 100 let alone the almost 20,000 that have been ordered and deposits placed. Just think of the staging space and shipping volume that it will take for that volume of frames even without the assembled parts. Heck, tires for just ten thousand cars is 40,000 tires and wheels...Factory storage levels.

What did Todd say...28,000 parts per car? times 10,000 cars for easy math = 280,000,000 parts. More than 1 cargo ship (or train if coming from mexico) and alot of warehouse/staging space. They would have been showing many pics of volumes of items if this were the case.

Remember when the can am factory burned? It looked like huge amounts of cars...guessing less than ten thousand?

View attachment 49097
That’s not how something gets built.  Nobody just stockpile’s all of the parts and pieces for every car that’s ordered. Knowing Todd, I’m sure Speed has a grasp on the inventory management required to roll out vehicles.

That’s not how something gets built.  Nobody just stockpile’s all of the parts and pieces for every car that’s ordered. Knowing Todd, I’m sure Speed has a grasp on the inventory management required to roll out vehicles.
Why not in this situation? We were told of a giant assembly line.. How do they get it to full blown production 

I might see you out there depending how long you are staying. 

So all the race organizations require a certain number of "production" consumer delivered cars to compete in these UTV classes. SOOOO............................. zero deliveries equals NO RACE FOR YOU

So all the race organizations require a certain number of "production" consumer delivered cars to compete in these UTV classes. SOOOO............................. zero deliveries equals NO RACE FOR YOU
They can race in the open UTV class as it is not a production class.  

Back