Speed UTV

I posted a couple pages back, I'm within the first 100 cars that are supposed to be delivered in that 5-8 week time frame. When Robby called me, he said best case scenario, thanksgiving, but more than likely it would be a couple weeks after that. I'm not optimistic that they are meeting that time frame, but we will see. before New Years would be awesome for me.
You should change your board name to WheresSpeedUtv ..... 

Anyone get a call lately? Guess I better get the can am spruced up for the season.. 

Anyone get a call lately? Guess I better get the can am spruced up for the season.. 
Depending on your number I would plan to have the Can Am for the desert season.  Especially if you are a CA resident and have no way to register it in another state.  Still no word on CARB.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything anyone has posted leads me to feel only the first 100 owners have actually gotten called, then it seems to have stopped. Per those that spoke on it, timing of delivery worst case (5 to 8 weeks) near or after thanksgiving.

More folks seem to be posting up their place inline for the cost out their pocket for their spot.

I wonder what is causing the pause or even worse, shut down that seems to be occurring right now.

It can't just be the ARB issue, most be other factors going on too.

Sucks, felt like these machines were about to really roll out.

Personally, I wouldn't want to be the first 100 cars, much rather have a car that is better tested off the production floor, maybe that is just me.

I don't expect any cars this year at this point, maybe right before Christmas???

Personally, I wouldn't want to be the first 100 cars, much rather have a car that is better tested off the production floor, maybe that is just me.

I don't expect any cars this year at this point, maybe right before Christmas???
Hopefully Speed has quality control personal from United States over in China overseeing manufacturing of the components and fit and finish of production cars   The first 100 cars could make or break Speed UTV   For some reason It seem the cars after the first 100 have taken low priority these days.  

Hopefully Speed has quality control personal from United States over in China overseeing manufacturing of the components and fit and finish of production cars   The first 100 cars could make or break Speed UTV   For some reason It seem the cars after the first 100 have taken low priority these days.  
China has great QC

Everything will be fine

Everything anyone has posted leads me to feel only the first 100 owners have actually gotten called, then it seems to have stopped. Per those that spoke on it, timing of delivery worst case (5 to 8 weeks) near or after thanksgiving.

More folks seem to be posting up their place inline for the cost out their pocket for their spot.

I wonder what is causing the pause or even worse, shut down that seems to be occurring right now.

It can't just be the ARB issue, most be other factors going on too.

Sucks, felt like these machines were about to really roll out.
Other than HotBoat who in the first 100 on this site got calls?  Understanding many people in the first 100 are probably from California ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

That's a big assumption (that production has continued after the first 100 cars). What have you seen that tells you that production is still ongoing? 100 cars in a single area is alot of cars. I have only seen 6 to 7 at a time. A far cry from 100 let alone the almost 20,000 that have been ordered and deposits placed. Just think of the staging space and shipping volume that it will take for that volume of frames even without the assembled parts. Heck, tires for just ten thousand cars is 40,000 tires and wheels...Factory storage levels.

What did Todd say...28,000 parts per car? times 10,000 cars for easy math = 280,000,000 parts. More than 1 cargo ship (or train if coming from mexico) and alot of warehouse/staging space. They would have been showing many pics of volumes of items if this were the case.

Remember when the can am factory burned? It looked like huge amounts of cars...guessing less than ten thousand?

C355E37F-CF85-4C74-BCAA-C91D6EF10278.jpeg

That's a big assumption (that production has continued after the first 100 cars). What have you seen that tells you that production is still ongoing? 100 cars in a single area is alot of cars. I have only seen 6 to 7 at a time. A far cry from 100 let alone the almost 20,000 that have been ordered and deposits placed. Just think of the staging space and shipping volume that it will take for that volume of frames even without the assembled parts. Heck, tires for just ten thousand cars is 40,000 tires and wheels...Factory storage levels.

What did Todd say...28,000 parts per car? times 10,000 cars for easy math = 280,000,000 parts. More than 1 cargo ship (or train if coming from mexico) and alot of warehouse/staging space. They would have been showing many pics of volumes of items if this were the case.

Remember when the can am factory burned? It looked like huge amounts of cars...guessing less than ten thousand?

View attachment 49097
One would think they'd want to "silence the haters" by showing rows of cars ready to roll.

View attachment 49097
It was around 1,000 units destroyed.  

Boy this thread died when all the "lucky ticket holders" left. Now it is just the same 5-6 non-ticket holders trying to be witty on how RG missed another date. 

I was out of the country for 2.5 weeks and didn't miss anything, except the delivery of my car :)

Boy this thread died when all the "lucky ticket holders" left. Now it is just the same 5-6 non-ticket holders trying to be witty on how RG missed another date. 

I was out of the country for 2.5 weeks and didn't miss anything, except the delivery of my car :)
Nothing exciting going on except they may be racing a few Speed UTVs at the Baja 1000.  

As a ticket holder do you find it a little concerning the final CARB certification has not been issued?  It would seem if they passed CARB that the issuance of the final paperwork would not take this long after the EPA signed off.    

Good luck ! 

Ok poll  time..... what happens first... Biden closes the border or Speed cars get delivered? 
On one hand you have someone not all there and in the other hand you have a unicorn.  Do we have a 3rd option?  This is really tough.  LOL!

Nothing exciting going on except they may be racing a few Speed UTVs at the Baja 1000.  

As a ticket holder do you find it a little concerning the final CARB certification has not been issued?  It would seem if they passed CARB that the issuance of the final paperwork would not take this long after the EPA signed off.    
Nothing in California surprises me. I have owned multiple business in Ca for the past 20 years. The inefficiencies of the government are mind boggling. If I ran my business like the government does, I would of been out of business 19 years ago. 

Yes, the silence is deafening. I have never been given a "date" but I have been hyped up......and let down so many times that I am numb to it. I really DGAF anymore. I don't plan or aim for a delivery date. It will show up.....when is anyone's guess. I actually hope it doesn't show up for a while. I invested all the cash for it. And as we all know, that moneys gone. Thanks Joe. 

Back