Speed UTV

How can they be at step 7, if 100 cars are about to be built and shipped?

Surprised RG did not bring a few of the pre-production cars to Glamis this weekend.  Huge audience to show off a car in action in the dunes. 
I don't know, but that's what the injection molding engineer said. I was too lazy to post a screenshot of the chart.

RG said they would have loved to go, but they spent the time working instead. He said they were working on the manuals and schematics for the cars for the dealers.
It’s sad that they are still working on documentation with cars supposedly ready to ship. 

It’s sad that they are still working on documentation with cars supposedly ready to ship. 
How would you complete those manuals until you had a final car? If your car wasn't finalized, then you'd be making revisions to hundreds or thousands of pages, schematics etc.....

And in reality, once they were completed, they could be printed and built in just a couple days, and posted online instantly.

Reactions: JBL
Just getting back from G -11 SxS's now in my group mix from RXR to Canned Hams and Yamaha YXR's and on Pro R  and everyone but the Pro R  and one YXR rolled this trip - 2 endo's, rest normal rolls ...

Like herding cats 

2 RXR guys have speeds on order.  They are counting 100% that Speed  will not roll and will out handle everything. If they perform all the other guys are gonna switch - we spent more time fixing the cars than driving this weekend

I hope they are right  - both are from AZ, do you still think Thanksgiving is likely?

Just getting back from G -11 SxS's now in my group mix from RXR to Canned Hams and Yamaha YXR's and on Pro R  and everyone but the Pro R  and one YXR rolled this trip - 2 endo's, rest normal rolls ...

Like herding cats 

2 RXR guys have speeds on order.  They are counting 100% that Speed  will not roll and will out handle everything. If they perform all the other guys are gonna switch - we spent more time fixing the cars than driving this weekend

I hope they are right  - both are from AZ, do you still think Thanksgiving is likely?
So the guys in the group that have a Speed UTV on order really think they will not roll a Speed UTV?  Is their driving magically going to get better?  LMAO!!!

I would be surprised if the first 100 ship and were received by customers by Thanksgiving.  I think before the end of the year will happen for those 100 cars.   When they start producing more than those 100 cars who knows.  

Last edited by a moderator:
How would you complete those manuals until you had a final car? If your car wasn't finalized, then you'd be making revisions to hundreds or thousands of pages, schematics etc.....

And in reality, once they were completed, they could be printed and built in just a couple days, and posted online instantly.
If the are in production you would think all the documentation and manuals would be done.  Are the robots and people assembling just guessing on what goes where?  LOL!

I would make the revisions to the the documentation as the changes were being made to the car instead of waiting until the car was finished. 

Agree.

But @FOG is referring to Robby saying for months now that they were ready for production, just waiting on the EPA and CARB.  This doesn't really jive well with that.

That being said, I would expect/hope that all they're doing is the relatively simple revisions you're talking about above, and not waiting until production parts were finalized to start the service manuals...  If so, people are gonna have to figure out how to fix something on their own for a year. :biggrin:

So far with this, I have 2 thoughts on this "production ready" talk for well over a year: either Robby's been caught with his hand in the cookie jar and he honestly thought that was what he could have for dinner, or he's saying whatever he can to not get in trouble.  Not sure which one is worse.

IMHO - Speed UTV Cars should have been out in Glamis this Halloween ripping up the dunes, shooting the hill and blasting down the drags - not making any stops....just getting caught on photos / videos and all over social media.

Missed opportunity.

dang show #104 actually shows how far behind they are, still in design/manufacturing not full production

they are past small batch, in the medium batch 100ish cars that are going to customers before large batch cars for full production show room ready

wow, interesting. Not sure I'd want to be in this delivery stage.

I think this is where the other BIG manufactures start to leak new products and then they probably trash all the small and medium built cars so only the large production runs sees the customers. Obviously JUNK still hits the market, proven time and again from PoPo....

So the guys in the group that have a Speed UTV on order really think they will not roll a Speed UTV?  Is their driving magically going to get better?  LMAO!!!

I would be surprised if the first 100 ship and were received by customers by Thanksgiving.  I think before the end of the year will happen for those 100 cars.   When they start producing more than those 100 cars who knows.  
LOL - they were trying to keep up with us  - talent aside they all have had Rails before except one, and they all seem to roll 

I hope a few cars sneak out this year

By The Way the Turbo RZRs with minimal mods smoke the Pro R  - I was surprised

Were the Canned Hams 64” or 72” wide?
Wide and every SxS in our group is heavily modded except one Yamaha (he endo'd)  all have had the full $$$ Shock Therapy treatment (love or hate Mr J - the mods seems to work for ride Quality)  all have tuners or Turbo mods, paddles and methods etc.

they all seem to roll...
High COG and Under-powered for their Weight.....SxS tend to catch an edge pretty easily in Sand.

LOL - they were trying to keep up with us  - talent aside they all have had Rails before except one, and they all seem to roll 

Wide and every SxS in our group is heavily modded except one Yamaha (he endo'd)  all have had the full $$$ Shock Therapy treatment (love or hate Mr J - the mods seems to work for ride Quality)  all have tuners or Turbo mods, paddles and methods etc.
That is the problem.  They are driving their SXS like it is a rail.  LOL!!!

The Pro R is a lot heavier and uses all of that 225 hp to get around.  We watched a 4 seater Pro R and a 2 seat Pro R go up China Wall.  I thought they scooted up pretty sell.  That 4 seat Pro R eats up the whoops at the bottom of the hill.  

High COG and Under-powered for their Weight.....SxS tend to catch an edge pretty easily in Sand.
The have plenty of power now.  They are not a 25hp Rhino.  LOL!    

I would not say the COG is that high on some SXSs.  So many low riding 4 seaters out there this past weekend.   

The have plenty of power now.  They are not a 25hp Rhino.  LOL!    

I would not say the COG is that high on some SXSs.  So many low riding 4 seaters out there this past weekend.   
I could flip my Rhino going in a straight line at 30 mph.

SXS just dig in. The Tall Narrow tires they use don't help at all.

Sand Rails just don't have this issue, Speed will be the same with their skinny tires.

2021-speed-UTV-tire-650x366.png

I could flip my Rhino going in a straight line at 30 mph.

SXS just dig in. The Tall Narrow tires they use don't help at all.

Sand Rails just don't have this issue, Speed will be the same with their skinny tires.

Yep, Sandrails slide much easier.  Skinny dirt tire set up is not going to help a SXS in the sand.  

Thanks for the info.

Back