Speed UTV

just saw speed utv was live on youtube. titled blue fade number 4  but was taken down did anyone see it or are they just teasing us?

Wonder how much longer people will be strung along. It’s one story after another. Rg is a great salesman 

I’m sure he’ll be in glamis this year with his crew all driving the speed cars while all the buyers will sit back watching. 

Wonder how much longer people will be strung along. It’s one story after another. Rg is a great salesman 

I’m sure he’ll be in glamis this year with his crew all driving the speed cars while all the buyers will sit back watching. 
 It will probably never end. 

Couple impressions.

He showed wiring harnesses for the first 100 cars with a caption saying ready to ship. So I don't think any customer car's are built.

Someone posted a VIN number of 159 as one of the first 100 cars, so I'm thinking at least 59 car owners were skipped due to CARB. 

Thing has a trophy truck sized steering rack..

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple impressions.

He showed wiring harnesses for the first 100 cars with a caption saying ready to ship. So I don't think any customer car's are built.

Someone posted a VIN number of 159 as one of the first 100 cars, so I'm thinking at least 59 car owners were skipped due to CARB. 

Thing has a trophy truck sized steering rack..
Wiring harnesses, as in a pile of them destined for the first 100 cars...?

The plastics guy said they are at "Step 7" in the powerpoint, which is not production. Still working on fit and finish??

The plastics guy said they are at "Step 7" in the powerpoint, which is not production. Still working on fit and finish??
Guess it depends on which manufacturing process they're following...

Couple impressions.

With almost 20k orders, the first hundred cars are merely promotional cars and just a drop in the bucket (0.5% of what has been ordered). ie. to select people for general field shakedown/demo and initial visual model advertising cars out in the public. In reality...pre-production.

The previous cars were hand built 'concept', 'proof of concept', and proof cars that the factory could build something to his standards as well as verification of blueprints and setting of jigs for production. If he had labeled these initial cars and stages in this fashion, I don't think people would have been bent about schedule push-backs (but they probably would not have bought into purchasing accessories either at that point). If they were actually in production, the factory would not have stopped after the first 100 cars.

So, why did the factory stop producing cars with so many orders and deposits taken?

Once I see the first thousand cars delivered, then they are actually in production. As for the Diablos...ugh. In reality, maybe next year if I hang on that long (and I have an initial sandshow number).

How can they be at step 7, if 100 cars are about to be built and shipped?

Surprised RG did not bring a few of the pre-production cars to Glamis this weekend.  Huge audience to show off a car in action in the dunes. 

How can they be at step 7, if 100 cars are about to be built and shipped?

Surprised RG did not bring a few of the pre-production cars to Glamis this weekend.  Huge audience to show off a car in action in the dunes. 
RG said they would have loved to go, but they spent the time working instead. He said they were working on the manuals and schematics for the cars for the dealers.

Back