Speed UTV

I don’t have a dog in this fight but damnit I really want to see a couple speed cars out in the wild. 

I will probably be upgrading my X3 in the next 2-3 years and the speed car checks most of the boxes……if and that’s a big if this car is what is being sold. 

No Speed or Hisun...
Hisun is in there. They are listed under the full name...

CHONGQING HUANSONG SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD.

They have a number of motors listed as 1000.

But, no SpeedUTV section that I saw. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
AFAIK, that 976cc Hisun is their typical reverse engineered Chi-Com facsimile of a Rotax V-Twin.

Just got back last night from Best In The Desert in Laughlin. Saw the speed rig on our way back from hot pits. Not sure if RG is racing one of the cars or not. Did watch Max running his XX. He seemed quite fast moving up in positions real fast. Then there was a lot of chatter on the race radios from multiple drivers saying Max was cutting the course and they had video footage. Seems like more of the norm I guess?

Just got back last night from Best In The Desert in Laughlin. Saw the speed rig on our way back from hot pits. Not sure if RG is racing one of the cars or not. Did watch Max running his XX. He seemed quite fast moving up in positions real fast. Then there was a lot of chatter on the race radios from multiple drivers saying Max was cutting the course and they had video footage. Seems like more of the norm I guess?
WGAF? Where are the cars!!? 

I think Max ended up first in his class.   Speed UTV and RG were in Utah at the UTV Takeover.  I guess the weather got really bad so they headed to Laughlin to help Max. 

Gonna get the X3 all prettied up and serviced this week to prepare for service.  was hoping to get the RG by the end of the year but I understand...

Gonna get the X3 all prettied up and serviced this week to prepare for service.  was hoping to get the RG by the end of the year but I understand...
Did likewise this weekend to my X3. … still hopeful for Christmas/ New Years for Speed. 
but feel it’s a long shot   Can Am is a solid performer for now

Did likewise this weekend to my X3. … still hopeful for Christmas/ New Years for Speed. 
but feel it’s a long shot  El Jeffe 365ish  Can Am is a solid performer for now
If you are in CA I would think it would be a long shot of getting your Speed car by the end of the year.  Still no word on the CARB certification.   The first 100 cars that got the call should arrive late November or early December absent any delays. 

I’m in Arizona so that helps a lot.  RG saying if no surprises it’s realistic.   

Was that because of penalties or he just slid that far down? I think I saw he was first or second after day one 
Max was not listed on the penalties page. It was a 2-day race so this is the final overall outcome. I think he was 1st qualifier in his class but clearly not a podium finish.

The results page is hard to understand the grouping's, like it changed each day... but he's in Group-C both days
https://bitd.com/race-results/

Here is how I see it...
Saturday 1st in class
image.png
Sunday 9th in class, only finished 2-laps
image.png

Overall 8th
image.png

Back