Speed UTV

The reason he said that is because, currently, Speed does not have CARB certification to legally sell in commifornia. Yes, all cars will have the same powerplant and eventually all be 48 state legal, but currently, any state that enforces CARB compliance won't allow sale of his cars there until they are officially CARB certified.
My Honda Talon is a 49 state car. To the best of my knowledge the only difference between it and  CA car is a CARB compliant hose that goes between the intake manifold and the gas tank. 
Maybe this is the issue with the Speed UTV. 
If so, hopefully they can get it resolved ASAP. 

My Honda Talon is a 49 state car. To the best of my knowledge the only difference between it and  CA car is a CARB compliant hose that goes between the intake manifold and the gas tank. 
Maybe this is the issue with the Speed UTV. 
If so, hopefully they can get it resolved ASAP. 
It's not the issue. They have stated numerous times that they have met all CARB requirements and submitted. They are waiting on the CERTIFICATE. Just like they waited on the EPA cert.

It's not the issue. They have stated numerous times that they have met all CARB requirements and submitted. They are waiting on the CERTIFICATE. Just like they waited on the EPA cert.
Getting anything through any CA entity right now suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

CA would pass the carb cert  very quickly but they have to take their break then take safty training after that they take their lunch by then they have to check all their social media and emails then start to prep to start their work. they dont want to go on over time so they leave it for tomarrow. but  then take a few days off because they have sick hours and covid pay, then on the day they are suppost to  come back its a holiday. then from all that vacation they need to recover by taking a mental health day. and thats if they dont need to take maternaty leave for them selves or their wife or partner. 

Last edited by a moderator:
CA would pass the carb cert  very quickly but they have to take their break then take safty training after that they take their lunch by then they have to check all their social media and emails then start to prep to start their work. they dont want to go on over time so they leave it for tomarrow. but  then take a few days off because they have sick hours and covid pay, then on the day they are suppost to  come back its a holiday. then from all that vacation they need to recover by taking a mental health day. and thats if they dont need to take maternaty leave for them selves or their wife or partner. 
We went through the mandatory California Herassismint (pretty sure that's how it's spelled right?) training (all companies with 5+ employees).  Good gravy that was a major pain in the ass.  2 hours of the most terrible training/no way to skip any of this you've ever seen.  I was so f*cking proud, I printed that chit and hung it on my office wall.

We went through the mandatory California Herassismint (pretty sure that's how it's spelled right?) training (all companies with 5+ employees).  Good gravy that was a major pain in the ass.  2 hours of the most terrible training/no way to skip any of this you've ever seen.  I was so f*cking proud, I printed that chit and hung it on my office wall.
Sadly it would exist if there was t a need for it. 

i know in washington state we don't have our own laws regarding this stuff, we are required to follow california. ugh!

In the last 6 months I've had to do Civil Rights, Cyber Security and Privacy Awareness.  Whoever they hire to create these modules should not be allowed to live.

P.S.  I hope the people who ordered cars will receive them shortly  . . .

https://www.utvdriver.com/story/utv-news/robby-gordon-speedutvs-will-ship-five-to-eight-weeks/

BGWTUDS7UBGLXOVCKP54MPQBCE.jpg

Segment on RG and SPEED on their design of their new UTV Line...

I would of expected news on CARB by now.  

100 lucky people might actually get their cars by Thanksgiving. 

Back