Speed UTV

I went, really felt bad for the vendors.  Was about 40 people there when it opened Sunday.  Speed only had two cars there, test mules number 3 and 4.  No "production" cars, and no upside down car for checking out the underside.  Don't see that show coming back to that location.  Highlight for me was the three Campbell Ultra4 cars on display.
After posting the question I saw a friend at morning coffee/bull session, and he said he went and it was a joke. Too bad.

After posting the question I saw a friend at morning coffee/bull session, and he said he went and it was a joke. Too bad.
I was somewhat surprised by the lack of engagement from some of the vendors.  The Ride Now guys were like sharks, but some could barely give you the time of day.  Speed came over right away and was willing to talk about the cars, and the Nitto Tire guy was great talking about racing.  I get it is a bummer to set up at a show with no energy, but if you are there, might as well make the best of it.  I mostly got out of it what I was expecting.  Bought some small stuff I needed, and a couple things I did not need that bad.  I would not return to that location as it is over an hour away from where I live. 

Serious question. Did people truly think that the cars were never going to arrive and he was going to run off with the money?
I don't think anyone thought he would run off with the money.  He is not the type of person to do something like that, nor is his business partner.   

Serious question. Did people truly think that the cars were never going to arrive and he was going to run off with the money?
Nope, only that his timelines were wildly optimistic, and that his constant shitting on other brands was super annoying (especially when comparing a $40k+ vehicle to $20-25k vehicles).

Nope, only that his timelines were wildly optimistic, and that his constant shitting on other brands was super annoying (especially when comparing a $40k+ vehicle to $20-25k vehicles).
He F'd up with all the timelines and so many people bought into it with nobody to blame but themselves.  How can any company bring a car/sxs to market starting from the ground up?  If anyone believed in that, then I have a breakthrough Saltwater desalination plant that I am working on and taking orders.  I heard Funco can take a minimum of 1 year to build and they been at it for years.   So RG is like the rest of us off roaders,  chit talking about RZR fires and CanAm Tacos, underpowered Honda and Kawi.  Then the insanely fast Yamaha with the worst suspension and the XX sounding like an angry lawn mower.  Ride what you got and have fun.  Ok back to packing the trailer for my first trip this weekend!  

Yeah,.. was a 'toss up' for me.. Canned Ham or Polaris/Joyner. The Canned Ham is really low slung and has good power.. great for Glamis, but I like being able to go over rocks and what not.. I think the Polaris (I have) is better for 'all around.'

I'm not sure if RG didn't understand the uphill stuff or if the supply chain issues have made this product so delayed. I'm not an RG fan.. he's actually a jerk.. that being said, I'm still hoping he can stick it to the other MFRs so they have to compete with a better product.

Haven't spoken to the 2 that have these on order but it seems they were thinking of selling their spots a few weeks back.

Yeah, looking forward to this season.. I plan to live in Glamis .. long long trips. 

Can't wait.

abc

Yeah,.. was a 'toss up' for me.. Canned Ham or Polaris/Joyner. The Canned Ham is really low slung and has good power.. great for Glamis, but I like being able to go over rocks and what not.. I think the Polaris (I have) is better for 'all around.'

I'm not sure if RG didn't understand the uphill stuff or if the supply chain issues have made this product so delayed. I'm not an RG fan.. he's actually a jerk.. that being said, I'm still hoping he can stick it to the other MFRs so they have to compete with a better product.

Haven't spoken to the 2 that have these on order but it seems they were thinking of selling their spots a few weeks back.

Yeah, looking forward to this season.. I plan to live in Glamis .. long long trips. 

Can't wait.

abc
Can Am does not seem to have an issue in the rocks at KOH.   

RG's partner has been posting video of him taking his blue production car on the trails in Utah. 

We shall see if those 100 customers he contacted actually get their cars before the end of the year. 

I picked up my friend's 4 seat Pro R for him last Friday.  That is a big ass car.  Looked like a Suburban next to my Can Am.  

Last edited by a moderator:
6xes4c.jpg

Can Am does not seem to have an issue in the rocks at KOH.   

RG's partner has been posting video of him taking his blue production car on the trails in Utah. 

We shall see if those 100 customers he contact actually get their cars before the end of the year. 

I picked up my friend's 4 seat Pro R for him last Friday.  That is a big ass car.  Looked like a Suburban next to my Can Am.  
200.gif

21 minutes ago, Crusty said:

Robby can drive no doubts, how wild would this be.

Still one of the best sounding motors in a trophy truck. 

I don’t know about that. Although the cars are not here yet. He also stated on Thursday, there would only be one car for all 48 states. There will not be a “California “ car and an “Arizona “ car. So him saying 2 days later about by passing Coyne because they can’t sell them in California is tad confusing. Which way is it?? 

I'm not a hater of Speed, just waiting until the initial ship storm settles down. I’m probably looking at a year+ before I do anything pertaining to one of these cars. 
The reason he said that is because, currently, Speed does not have CARB certification to legally sell in commifornia. Yes, all cars will have the same powerplant and eventually all be 50 state legal, but currently, any state that enforces CARB compliance won't allow sale of his cars there until they are officially CARB certified.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason he said that is because, currently, Speed does not have CARB certification to legally sell in commifornia. Yes, all cars will have the same powerplant and eventually all be 48 state legal, but currently, any state that enforces CARB compliance won't allow sale of his cars there until they are officially CARB certified.
Has there been any indication on ETA for that?

Back