Speed UTV

I received a call from Robby about 30 minutes ago, he told me he wasn't asking for any money at this time, but wanted to let me know that my car is currently being built, and I should be receiving it the week of Thanksgiving, or a week or so after that worst case scenario.

He told me that, he has some good friends in the first 100 orders, and they are getting skipped, as well as the Coyne dealership cars since they can't sell in California yet.

So if you are in the first 125 cars, you have now moved up in line.
Do you live in Cali?

I received a call from Robby about 30 minutes ago, he told me he wasn't asking for any money at this time, but wanted to let me know that my car is currently being built, and I should be receiving it the week of Thanksgiving, or a week or so after that worst case scenario.

He told me that, he has some good friends in the first 100 orders, and they are getting skipped, as well as the Coyne dealership cars since they can't sell in California yet.

That's awesome news..

That’s some good news right there! Fingers crossed

Did it sound like he was at the airport getting ready to bolt the country with all the deposit money?  Asking for a friend.....

So.. Robby personally called you?

Yes, thats what I said. He's personally calling the first 100ish customers. He's also called 3 of my friends who are within the first 100 cars
That’s good news. Maybe we’ll see some in the dunes this season after all. 

Yes, thats what I said. He's personally calling the first 100ish customers. He's also called 3 of my friends who are within the first 100 cars
Sounds like you and 3 of your amigos are gonna be the talk of Glamis

Serious question. Did people truly think that the cars were never going to arrive and he was going to run off with the money?

Serious question. Did people truly think that the cars were never going to arrive and he was going to run off with the money?
I don’t know about that. Although the cars are not here yet. He also stated on Thursday, there would only be one car for all 48 states. There will not be a “California “ car and an “Arizona “ car. So him saying 2 days later about by passing Coyne because they can’t sell them in California is tad confusing. Which way is it?? 

I'm not a hater of Speed, just waiting until the initial ship storm settles down. I’m probably looking at a year+ before I do anything pertaining to one of these cars. 

Ca would probably get REALLY pissed if they found out he was selling his cars to CA residents before CARB said ok....so he's probably just selling to out of state residents until that is handled... can't fight the machine and win....

I was hoping for a pic with Todd and Robby on a beach somewhere with drinks with umbrella's just laughing their asses off....

Not me, maybe BK court next year, but he is too honorable to run off with the money, and his ego will not let him fail easily

I hope these 100 are the start of a HUGE delivery schedule - I really want to see these things out there running up against the RZR and Ham's

Was the Speed display at the Expo at PIR this weekend? Anybody go?

Was the Speed display at the Expo at PIR this weekend? Anybody go?
I went, really felt bad for the vendors.  Was about 40 people there when it opened Sunday.  Speed only had two cars there, test mules number 3 and 4.  No "production" cars, and no upside down car for checking out the underside.  Don't see that show coming back to that location.  Highlight for me was the three Campbell Ultra4 cars on display.

Back