Speed UTV

Max was not listed on the penalties page. It was a 2-day race so this is the final overall outcome. I think he was 1st qualifier in his class but clearly not a podium finish.

The results page is hard to understand the grouping's, like it changed each day... but he's in Group-C both days
https://bitd.com/race-results/

Here is how I see it...
Saturday 1st in class
View attachment 47779
Sunday 9th in class, only finished 2-laps
View attachment 47780

Overall 8th
View attachment 47781
Gotcha. It is kinda confusing. Thanks for clearing it up. 

Max was not listed on the penalties page. It was a 2-day race so this is the final overall outcome. I think he was 1st qualifier in his class but clearly not a podium finish.

The results page is hard to understand the grouping's, like it changed each day... but he's in Group-C both days
https://bitd.com/race-results/

Here is how I see it...
Saturday 1st in class
View attachment 47779
Sunday 9th in class, only finished 2-laps
View attachment 47780

Overall 8th
View attachment 47781
Thanks for the heads up. I wasn’t there for day 2. 

Bummer for Max.  Wonder what happen on Sunday that cost him time and laps. 

Awesome that kid is growing up racing and might take over the empire his father is building...3rd generation right?

Cool family sport and business to be in for sure.

Awesome that kid is growing up racing and might take over the empire his father is building...3rd generation right?

Cool family sport and business to be in for sure.
Yep.  There is a group of kids coming up to take over for dad as long as the money is there for them to race.    Rob Mac's kid is starting to race his dad's trophy truck and just won the race in Laughlin.  McMillan family is a great example of multi-generational racers.  

Any of you race guys know how many races the Speed UTV has been in and how it finished?

Any of you race guys know how many races the Speed UTV has been in and how it finished?
only two to my knowledge, but Max has raced the Speed-XX in quite a few2021 Havasu World Finals - the Grey or Carbon Diablo - I think it technically DNF'd ran out of fuel last lap. 

It's all on youtube/insta/facebook

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: FOG
Thanks. 
I would count Huckfest. It’s a testament to the Speed UTV’s performance. I don’t know how far he went compared to the others, but the landing looked good. 

Well there was the DNF at Dakar.  Then RG raced one at the UTV World Championship in Havasu, but don't recall how he finished.   The did the NORRA 500 and got a DNF with the race Speed UTV due to oil line. They continued the rally with the El Jeffe and finished. 

Most success has been with the Wildcat XX.   

• Thanks
oH YA forgot about the one-off Dakar car someone got him to build, RG mentioned it last Nov-Dec 2021 in the weekly videos just before it shipped then all was quite...

I don't think the speed team has done all that great in the XX, lots of penalties and DNFs. Even the publicity B1K for Top Gear tv show was a bust, that was all speed XXs.
Others have done OK in the XX in certain series but not the mains like BITD, SCORE, MINT-Worlds-CA300-martelli bro events. Like this past BITD race another team did better then Max overall. 9th overall out of 38 and 4th in class, Max was 20th and 8th DNF the laps.

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
oH YA forgot about the one-off Dakar car someone got him to build, RG mentioned it last Nov-Dec 2021 in the weekly videos just before it shipped then all was quite...

I don't think the speed team has done all that great in the XX, lots of penalties and DNFs. Even the publicity B1K for Top Gear tv show was a bust, that was all speed XXs.
Others have done OK in the XX in certain series but not the mains like BITD, SCORE, MINT-Worlds-CA300-martelli bro events. Like this past BITD race another team did better then Max overall. 9th overall out of 38 and 4th in class, Max was 20th and 8th DNF the laps.

View attachment 47915
Bulloch was one of the few that did well in the desert with the XX.   

• Thanks
Big weekend in Glamis, Camp RZR, Can Am rolled up...SXSBlog guys...

Over / Under RG shows up with a few SPEED UTVs and puts on a show?

Big weekend in Glamis, Camp RZR, Can Am rolled up...SXSBlog guys...

Over / Under RG shows up with a few SPEED UTVs and puts on a show?
We shall see, but I am sure it will be a mad house in mother G this week. 

Any word on if they are doing any more shows or if CARB is close to providing the certificate?

Back