Speed UTV

He just posted some pictures at NORRA 500 with the Max in the driver's seat of the Black Carbon race Diablo Speed UTV. 

Oh wait, another day in this thread and no drama................weird.  What changed to caused this?
0_Group-of-five-scary-figures-in-hooded-cloaks-in-the-dark.jpg

He is too busy posting pictures them preparing for the NORRA 500 race this weekend.  Looks like they will be racing the hand built tig welded El Diablo that was at the Sand Show. 

Smart to make your first race a NORRA race as it is rally style and not quite as abusive as your typical desert race.  He better have a good showing or this could be another disaster.  

I saw on another forum a deposit holder saying if he does not have his car by January he was selling his spot and moving on.  I have to imagine he is not the only one getting impatient.  
Who would buy a spot at this point?  :bangin:

at 24 mins mark you can see max and robby on the start line, they are racing in the Unlimited Truck class for some reason, i am guessing they couldn't quality the car for a production UTV class yet. Looks like they may have broken down at mile 28 according to the tracker, no speed and off course, #177.

https://html5.anube.es/?rally=rally3984

Well I’ve been watching some of this Nora live tracking and it looks like they’ve all stopped here and getting constipated on the track here five cars backed up 247 looks like it stopped and everybody stop behind

image.jpg

Looks like it’s a classic single cedar that broke or is stopping traffic for what it’s worth I found this picture

image.jpg

If you jump on the Nora website and watch the live video feed from the pine forest area you should see them come by in the next 10 -15  minutes

something entertaining on a late Friday afternoon 

Robby just did an interview at the finish and stated the EPA cert has been received. 

They lost an oil line on the race car that’s why they were in the the 4 seater. 

Oh boy, anybody see the NORRA results? I wasn’t following and I think I heard something about a broke down vehicle blocking the road stopping the racers for a while. Not sure who all this effected? All I saw was final times.

Max/Robby in the UTT - 8 hours 3 min

Fastest RZR PRO R - 4 hours 37 min

Way too much to list. Go to the site and check out the stats. 

Last car running in class, and 55th out of 62 finishers overall.

Disappointing at best, This car was built and prepped by a professional race team.  Serious attention to detail lacking.   Not bashing , but embarrassed for RG and the Speed Crew.  Hopefully they get to run a car today and save some face.  The last thing they needed was to give the haters more ammo…

Last edited by a moderator:
Back