Speed UTV

I think the Wildcat and Wildcat XX had some type of load dampner.  If I remember correctly the one on the Wildcat would break, not a surprise.

I think the Can Am Maverick had something too, but that car would eat rear axles. 
The Wildcat had an SLD in the rear. They really didn't give much trouble unless habitually abused, like thinking it was cool to land WFO and hear it ratchet over and over, or pretty extreme rock bouncing. Not perfect, but I believe it was a first in the SxS(?).

Serious question, why doesn't Speed just start delivery to customers outside of California while waiting for CARB certifications?  I get the whole "order sequence", but it's not the customer in Arizona fault their government environmental laws don't suck.
in listening to RG's vid from Friday nite at the SSSS, its EPA that they were waiting for approval (EPA was on the phone if I'm not mistaken). They wanted more sampling due to imports. CARB is after EPA. So, no deliveries until EPA approves it. The CARB approval for Calif deliveries. The wait continues.

I never understood why RG argues with people on the internet  :lol:  the general public will always question everything, most still wont understand it when its explained.

Yet he lets a few folks get under his skin at times, seen it over and over :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Serious question, why doesn't Speed just start delivery to customers outside of California while waiting for CARB certifications?  I get the whole "order sequence", but it's not the customer in Arizona fault their government environmental laws don't suck.
at the end of the day, other states are Cali's red-headed step children  :classic_biggrin:

They do not have the the final EPA or CARB certs.  So they can not sell cars anywhere in the U.S. 

All jokes aside, what’s really happening?? And yes I may want one in the future. But this situation gets darker every day. I seriously feel for the deposit holders. 

RG Has a spot at this weekends Off-road expo at the Pomona fairgrounds. 10/1-10/2/22. If you weren’t able to see the cars in person at the SSSS, here’s your chance to look the cars over and ask your questions. 

https://offroadexpo.com/california-exhibitors/
Always a good show, poor Robby is next to the UTV Stereo Depot guys...

I like being able to see more of the mfg's at this show vs just accessory vendors.

Last edited by a moderator:
All jokes aside, what’s really happening?? And yes I may want one in the future. But this situation gets darker every day. I seriously feel for the deposit holders. 
Sorry, you will have to head over to the Tech Thread to get that answer, this thread is not for Tech anymore, 3 people pushed that button.  I feel like I did when I wasn't aloud at the Compound. :classic_wacko:

I don’t believe Robby will be there himself as he’s supposed to race his Diablo in the NORRA RACE this weekend. Should be a good test. But yeah, last SSSS he was next to Kicker stereo booth and it was loud!!
I sure hope he does not have any issues at the NORRA race.  Is he actually racing a Diablo or is it Max's Wildcat XX with all the Speed parts on it?

Sorry, you will have to head over to the Tech Thread to get that answer, this thread is not for Tech anymore, 3 people pushed that button.  I feel like I did when I wasn't aloud at the Compound. :classic_wacko:
Compound banned? Huh? No. 
Anyhow I didn’t think my question was technical. 

Back