Speed UTV

Elon might feel different if & when someone capitalizes on his patient. Especially if he does not, but someone else does. 

If patents are not important to protect your property. Then why does every other UTV manufacture get patents? 

So far several Speed UTV patents are getting royalties from Arctic Cat. 
He said patents are for the weak 5 days ago.  Bezos' entire Blue Origin company is capitalizing on SpaceX designs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elon might feel different if & when someone capitalizes on his patient. Especially if he does not, but someone else does. 

If patents are not important to protect your property. Then why does every other UTV manufacture get patents? 

Damn Nikal! You’re a patent attorney also?? 😂😂

Here you can clearly see the water barrier used at the jump track area...very cool.

Speaking of patents, etc. .. fun ABC fact. My Great-Grandfather INVENTED Simlac (not the brand, but the actual make up of ... baby formula).. he thought it was so important to the health of babies' survival for mothers who couldn't make enough milk he GAVE IT AWAY!... Like open sourced or just published it, can't remember the full story Mom loves to tell me...  Could you imagine? .. I could have been an heir to that fortune... Oh well, probably better, I would be dead most likely had I been born wealthy.

OK, back to the SPEED show!

abc

Patents try to keep people from stealing your designs, product, and intellectual property.   Elon thinks it is a waste and his designs bring in billions of dollars to him no matter what others are using from him.  

How much is RG really getting in royalties from AC?  They don’t sell many Wildcat XXs a year.  

Patents are great if you don't mind spending the money litigating when you think someone is infringing on your patent.  

Got back from Baja today.  No signs of a Speed UTV.  Lol!

Any news on the CARB front?  

Nothing beats that first view of the ocean.from the trail in Baja.  

View attachment 44831
Why didn't you go drive by New Hi-Sun Motors in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico....and give a first hand account of Speed UTV units in production?

Why didn't you go drive by New Hi-Sun Motors in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico....and give a first hand account of Speed UTV units in production?
EOsQXLgX0AAWJpk

Yeah Sand Shark?  Why didnt you?  We all got you to 200 pages and the least you could have done was go by HiSun.  

A few specs I asked the engineers at SSSS

1.75 to 1 hydraulic steering ratio

103 amp alternator belt driven external

There will be three key fobs unless you get the speed key you will get the normal key and a valet key the valet key will only allow a limited amount of horsepower kind of a training key like the Sea-Doo JetSki’s head for reasons you would need that such as letting a youngster or un experienced  person drive the car

stock tire data straight off the side of the tires

on the 35 inch speed tire it says 35x9.5x15 eight ply 1020 pounds no DOT rating

on the 32 inch speed tire it says 32x9.5x15 eight ply load range D radio steel belted 1000 pounds no DOT rating

The front hub center in hole looks to be 5.625 inches in diameter

The lug nut size is 19 mm with a 12 mm thread

Back