Speed UTV

RDC classifieds and GD.com buy/sell show different. Same with every other used vehicle over the course of the last 2 years. 

Either way I was simply responding to your statement saying the seller was asking what the car cost new 15 years ago.

I guess a better response is, it doesn't matter what a car cost new, something is worth what a buyer is willing to pay.

ETA, this one much better equipped, wonder what it went for?
On serious note. How many Speed cars will be delivered before this up coming recession hits like a Mack truck? 

Honest question ABC. I assume your friends are desert people and this is not their first ever desert toy? If not then where did their current toys go? Why can’t they continue to use what they have, not losing a desert season and when the new car comes, then sell the current vehicles? 

I don’t get the people who say I’m losing another desert season if they are currently desert people? Or because they don’t have that much money tied up into the Speed car, maybe try to buy something else to tie them over? It does not have to be fancy to use until the Speed is available?  The one guys number is way out there, so how was clearly a later buyer. 
Not sure how late he is, but he's also getting it enclosed with A/C. These guys are constantly changing toys and have been desert folks forever. Just think they have held off on 'other ideas' thinking this would have already been delivered. 

Just frustrated, but they don't blame RG. First gen stuff, right?

abc

On serious note. How many Speed cars will be delivered before this up coming recession hits like a Mack truck? 

Just hoping recession is MIlder than we think it will be  ....

I would say 50% or more of Early-adopter Speed buyers have deposable income to absorb this.

Its not like 06-07 when everyone was buying Turnkey sand cars and Boats on HELOCs

Once the first 100 cars hit we will all know more on the real demand, because in theory there should be a rush to buy by the next wave

Not sure that jump would scare any driver, it was what 4 feet?… but as explained it was a ‘worn out’ car.

abc

Nikal, I’m not sure you realize your a big part of the crap slinging along with DTA and LOTD And the rest of the Speed nut swingers. This whole thread started with the best of intentions. Then Robby, who you guys claim to be the God of offroad, says hey buy my bad azz speed car and you will have it for thanksgiving or New Years of 2020. No word of only 500 cars was spit out from the start. So people sell their toys to throw a down payment on a speed car to get in line for the latest and greatest. This is where you guys get lost. You guys have the financials to throw down a down payment along with payment for all add ons up front while you wait for the car to be built and delivered. You forget that most people don’t have your kind of cash laying around to burn on a possible bad azz or shizzy investment. We have the knowledge to know that there is no damn way RG can build a car from scratch and deliver on times as promised along with buying a first gen anything is a bad idea so we don’t make deposits but most others have no clue so they do. RG makes promises so people sell what they have for the down payment. You and us can call it dumb because we know better but the masses that don’t know get duped. Own the shizz RG promised. He made big promises to dupe the masses to help fund the Speed project. The percentage of us that know it couldn’t happen in his timeline is minute. The rest of the people helped fund this project not knowing any better. This is where you guys aren’t owning up to what is going on. You have money to burn and lots of knowledge on these type of things expecting that the rest of the investors know the same as you. Now RG makes videos bashing Polaris and CanAm for their sub par cars. He points out the bad suspension geometry and how the cars are basically pieces of crap compared to his car. That QC on the other cars is crap and his car is hand welded perfection and just plain the bomb. We point out that he promised cars by November and December of 2020 and nothing to show for it. You guys fight back with the promise was only for 500 cars. When this all started originally there was no 500 car cap. It wasn’t until a crap ton of people put down deposits that he realized he couldn’t deliver so a 500 car cap came into effect. So we fast forward to the video updates. Since he couldn’t produce a car to sell, weekly video updates started. Video after video of how Speed was dominant and the rest sucked. Then SSSS 2021 came. People came in droves to see the Speed car. The Speed UTV site was packed! Then people that know what to look at see the bolt heard round the world along with doors that don’t latch and uncomfortable rear seating. Again we bring up these things and you guys jump to RG’s defense. You say the bolt is a mishap but the rest of the car is bad azz. Forget the fact that the baddest UTV was just displayed with crappy welds and shizzy fit and finish. Instead of owning the short comings, you guys bash the other manufactures just like RG. Why? Because you just regurgitate the same things RG says on social media. Everything he says is gold. Let’s forget, according to you, he promised 500 cars in 2020 and still hasn’t delivered. Now he has one car built and is driving it all over putting miles on it in Havasu. Why Havasu? Cause that’s where the manufacturing plant is gonna be. Time goes by video after video  and still no cars to produce. You guys say it’s because he’s making improvements and that is kind of true. Covid hit and parts became impossible to get. So in order to keep investors happy, he started making changes to the build. Not because he loves the offroad community and wants to give them freebies, as you guys have suggested, but because he needs to build things in house to keep,the project moving along. This did make a better car but not what he planned for. Then parts made a huge stall. So to keep people vested he started updating things he could control. Now we have a Speed tool kit, speed rc car, speed car cover, new graphics, etc.. Video after video trying to keep investors alive. Next thing you know, they are only building El Jefes first. Never in the beginning of deposits did he say we are only building 500 cars for 2020 or 4 seat cars will be the first cars built. How many people made deposits for a Diablo before they found out that 4 seaters will come first? All along what happened to the manufacture in Havasu? Then UTV races came along. Max ran a built XX/ Speed car and did well. RG on the other hand ran his El Jefe but pussy footed around the track. He finished with a slow time but you guys were all about how he finished. Forget the questionable race line choices he made cause that’s another story. Now more video after video and let’s fast forward to last weekend. No new cars were delivered to any private purchasers or dealers. He has a stable of cars at the SSSS but the only turn key cars are his original beaters. The rest are rollers thrown together with used mock up parts. The fit and finish is still crappy. Then he takes old faithful out for a spin. Turns that bitch up to put on a show. Hits the jump and breaks the trailing arm mounts. Instead of you guys owning it was a disaster, you come to his aid saying this car had thousands of hard miles on it and that’s why it broke. Forget the fact that it’s broke at least once before but by the shizzy welds it looks like it’s broke a couple times. Now we own that the updated mount needs more bracing. Here is where I turn the page. After all of this, I feel the car is built way better than the other manufactures. I personally would like to own a Diablo. I personally think that these cars could be a game changer. I hope at a minimum that the Speed car concept pushes the other manufactures to step up their game. In the end, I think this thread would be a lot shorter if you guys would just own the mistakes and downfalls of RG and the Speed car. I own the short comings of my RZR as do the others with their CanAm. Pretending Speed and RG are perfect is exactly what is keeping this thread alive! Sorry Sand Shark, I hope this doesn’t kill your shot at 300!
Bullet Points please................. :classic_biggrin:

Ross Ballet wrote that for UTV Driver,  he needs to revise his report to fix the inaccurate information. Plus there was a hint of agenda to make the sport and show look bad and dangerous. 
Yeah the inaccuracies are kind of annoying. It looks like he embedded my video for the article. If I change my video to something else I wonder if the revised version will show up in his article :)

I don't think it was that inaccurate: 

"However, the El Jefe unit came away worse for wear when the side-by-side’s right rear trailing arm let go, detaching from what appears to be its rearmost mount and leaving the metal flailing around underneath the machine."

The arm did detach, just not completely from its mount, only partially since the tabs were still bolted to it. :biggrin:

Either way, it happened, he's not significantly incorrect, and that's that.  If there really was only a fence between the vehicles and spectators, not the best thing in the world, so not exactly controversial.  The failed part could've been a lot worse if the vehicle hooked as a result. 

Ross Ballet wrote that for UTV Driver,  he needs to revise his report to fix the inaccurate information. Plus there was a hint of agenda to make the sport and show look bad and dangerous. 

First off the suspension arm did not break. The suspension tab did. Big difference if you don’t know and are just reading this. 

Two the jump event was not put on by Speed UTV. It was put in by the event promoter, Fox shocks & Terra Crew.

Then Ross likes to point out how the spectators were only separated from the action by a fence. While he’s not wrong, what value did that bring to the article? Does this Ross have other objectives towards, the event, Speed and the sport in general? 
It's a generalized report of the event, I don't think its misleading on on the rear trailing arm letting go, it did because of the tab....which is all part of the rear trailing arm right?

I doubt UTV Driver is trying to make anyone in the sport look bad on purpose. I was a little surprised there was only a chain link fence between the crowd and jump area. I stood far enough back a good 20-30 feet deep of people would stop a rolling truck from reaching me....I'm glad nothing happened to test that fence or make it important enough to declare exactly who actually put on the jump event / area.

UTV Driver is just a "highlights" type magazine, they are never too technical on anything, consider the source.

Better be careful posting links to videos with inaccurate stories, RWG might get upset and throw his helmet at him! 
It's a hot topic, people are still posting articles and video clips of it almost 2 weeks later... :dunno:

Yeah the inaccuracies are kind of annoying. It looks like he embedded my video for the article. If I change my video to something else I wonder if the revised version will show up in his article :)
200.gif

That would be awesome actually... LOL

2 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Knowing now what we know about Mr. CK....Was he Easter egging us all with his pleasure of making people see him with his sexual hangups, etc?

It's like watching any R. Kelly video...I just chuckle for a different reason, sick bastards.

LOL

Elon, hasn't been dry f'd by Nasa yet.....just wait. 
Elon does not do patents because he wants to share his technology.   Patents are only good for 20 years anyway.  

All his patents on the Speed UTV are not going to yield him much financially.  

Knowing now what we know about Mr. CK....Was he Easter egging us all with his pleasure of making people see him with his sexual hangups, etc?

It's like watching any R. Kelly video...I just chuckle for a different reason, sick bastards.

LOL
LOL, this was before everyone found out about his thing...

But, would be hilarious.  It appears Mr. @kazuaki wasn't asked prior to them using his video, so what goes around and all... :biggrin:

Back