Speed UTV

The blue car looks pretty nice, did they post any video of it in action?

Reminds me of Grabber Blue. Put some old school Boss 302 graphics on there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a RG fan boy, I'm not a SxS fan boy either. So why do I read through the Speed UTV thread? For the drama I suppose. 

SxS have taken over as the machine of choice for most folks, probably due to the ease at which parts are accessories are available, and maybe even more importantly they are relatively cheap to buy and operate, as compared to a conventional tube frame sand car. So with that said...

Personally I couldn't give 2 chits about a SxS, even one built by RG himself, but I realize such a machine would have it's merits and would be an attractive purchase by many. What really bugs me about the whole Speed UTV discussion is that this whole machine, the one no one has yet, is continually touted as the greatest end-all be-all of the off road world. It is in fact NOT a game changer, there is no new ground breaking technology here, it is still powered by the same piston engine tech that powers the other 2 SxS on the market, as well as the same method of transferring power to the wheels, it's suspension is dampened by the same fluid filled shock technology that every off road car uses, etc. There is nothing really new here except the one who is making it. It does get old when I continually have to read about all of the excuses everyone makes regarding the delays in manufacturing, design updates etc. You guys have put this yet to be a reality SxS so far up on a pedestal it just makes a lot of us sick. I'm not knocking anyone here but rather an editorial of the whole thing.

Fwiw and again just an observation, it isn't fun or interesting to read a post so long it doesn't fit on my computer screen in its entirety, and secondly it isn't fun to read someone's post where they quoted another and felt the need to make corrections line by line. Just sayin.

I come on here to clear things up, share what the latest and greatest news is on the Speed cars, not talk chit. At times share the differences between the Speed cars and the others (this is a speed thread) all while learning from those that actually know what they’re talking about. Some take offense to that and I don’t get it. All they got to do is leave the conversation. Some just like drama. Some like to stir chit up. Some are just miserable and got nothing better to do. They call it ribbing or joking. Are we supposed to just sit back and stay quiet? When we do say something we’re a nut swinger? I don’t get it. I’ll just stick to the Speed tech thread from here on out. 

I wasn't suggesting anyone leave the thread. 

Nut swingers! That wasn't my line but that's funny. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe this is my first time posting and have not read all the post's , But i believe there must be a few upset people that are upset about not getting there cars, And was wondering if anyone wants to give up there spot inline and sell out, I would consider buying your car and will also give you the interest on your money that you would of gained from your bank.

Standard SSSS inspection for all UTVs there checking for gender 

N

Tough call. Interest rates for the last 3 years have been abysmal until recently.

I would sell my spot for $10k over what I paid. #148. On top of that MSRP has increased quite a bit.

Otherwise checkout the Facebook pages. There's a few guy selling. About the same range.
Nah 10 grand that's way to much, I don't do facebook but keep me in mind. I would retire now if I could make that kind of profit of 10 grand over a 3 year period, I believe you're almost there you should get your car by the end of the year.I believe it will be worth the wait.

I come on here to clear things up, share what the latest and greatest news is on the Speed cars, not talk chit. At times share the differences between the Speed cars and the others (this is a speed thread) all while learning from those that actually know what they’re talking about. Some take offense to that and I don’t get it. All they got to do is leave the conversation. Some just like drama. Some like to stir chit up. Some are just miserable and got nothing better to do. They call it ribbing or joking. Are we supposed to just sit back and stay quiet? When we do say something we’re a nut swinger? I don’t get it. I’ll just stick to the Speed tech thread from here on out. 
You are one of the very few that own the mistakes and issues made by Speed that have a car ordered. This means your not lumped into the “ nut swinger” group. Honestly, this thread IS the train wreck that you can’t look away from! I, as many others, actually come on here to see the progress and get a lot of great inside info on the cars. The downside is this thread was also plagued from the start with back and forth banter over the progress and or lack there of. As long as people continue not owning the Speed issues the bantering won’t stop. 

Just for shits, what would you pay for about RG 4 seater? See below:

View attachment 44656
Wow 45,500 !!, Nah I would probably spend my money on a used V-8 street legal Monster Manx that I could drive year round, I was looking for one of the $30,000 base cars without the bells & whistles .I think i will wait and down the line I will find a used one after all the hype .

Wow 45,500 !!, Nah I would probably spend my money on a used V-8 street legal Monster Manx that I could drive year round, I was looking for one of the $30,000 base cars without the bells & whistles .I think i will wait and down the line I will find a used one after all the hype .
Nobody is trying to dump their spot on the cheap. Even if you wanted a base car they still will mark it up. 

So what will happen first

We hit page 300 or delivery of the first car ? 

Could CARB be slow playing the approval because of the impending electric only fiasco that is coming ?  

Well inflation has hit pretty hard since 2007. Add in demand. 

I don't know what sandcars or especially low production number dejong street legal cars go for. But comparing to everything else out there right now it doesn't seem too far out of line.

View attachment 44711

View attachment 44712
I guess i will just wait for a used one someday, They will pop up in a couple years when Robby comes out with his version 2.

Well inflation has hit pretty hard since 2007. Add in demand to that. 

I don't know what sandcars or especially low production number dejong street legal cars go for. But comparing to everything else out there right now it doesn't seem too far out of line.

View attachment 44711

View attachment 44712
Inflation does not equal appreciation in all facets. Especially Sand Cars. In my opinion. 

Back