Speed UTV

Where did this happen? Did it get deleted?
Please.  Close enough.  Again, dude did nothing to him.  He's not "suggesting someone help him" like posted, he's saying the only reason he's on a computer is because a little kid is walking him through it, then tried to walk it back as not insulting and rude and he's just here to help.  Gimme a break.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's one thing to "Go back and forth" with a fellow member you have a little history of discussing topics with.

It's another thing (Douchebag move IMHO) when you clearly mock the intelligence or "Computer Savoy" of a newer member trying to be part of the discussion.

Thank God that certain EXTREMLY Knowledgeable Off-Road Community folks are comfortable and can handle their own on a Community Forum like GD, because there are folks out there that we are missing out on what they know...

Because certain folks cant see when they are just being unwelcoming. 

Well, close only counts in...well you know.

What he stated may have been tongue in cheek or an implication, but he didn't name call anybody.

You can accuse me of that and I'll admit it because it actually happened. 

On top of that, these are typed words. Its not the end of the world. Let the dude defend himself if he wants. 

In the end, it really isn't tough to post a screenshot or a link to something somebody is claiming.
Right.  And if it was tongue in cheek and all in fun, he had a chance to let him know he was only kidding when it was obvious the other party wasn't fine with it.  I'll let @Weekend camper's words (and LOTD's reaction) sum it up:

image.png

Not the first time this has happened.  Despite the name change, the behavior continues. 

Right.  And if it was tongue in cheek and all in fun, he had a chance to let him know he was only kidding when it was obvious the other party wasn't fine with it.  I'll let @Weekend camper's words (and LOTD's reaction) sum it up:

View attachment 44463

Not the first time this has happened.  Despite the name change, the behavior continues. 
His lack of knowledge in how to use a computer is the very definition of computer illiterate. Before that post, I tried to give him step by step instructions on how to copy a url. That's more than you or anyone else on here tried to do to help him. 

Notice how you completely ignored his name calling. Nothing new there.

It really is a shame how people feel the need to post such argumentative comments, against such off-topic posts. It happens on every form of public forum and social media, which is a reason I ditched Facebook years ago, and simply use picture based media and ignore the comment sections. 

What should be a thread that has useable information about the topic at hand, get's turned into a meaningless, immature bickering match, that quickly covers up good, useful information to other readers looking for that useful information to the topic at hand.

If you guys want to throw your personal opinions at one another, you should meet up at the next off-road event and have at it in person, I'll officiate (based purely on entertainment factor for the crowd, rather than fairness and truthfulness). 

That is my opinion. Take it or leave it.

Here is my useful post to the thread topic:

If only I was smart enough before hand, I would have removed the cover from the Speed UTV gearbox I had in the back of the truck all weekend and displayed it in our Sand Show booth for all to see how stout they are compared to everything else. I am sure Robby would have forgiven me. Missed opportunities. 

Hey, when the best guys in the industry say the parts are top notch....I'll take that.... Although I haven't seen them post any URLs....lately?????????????

If this was the toy getting back into the sport it’s more understandable. But again only the first 500 we’re expected around Thanksgiving of 2020, and that was a completely different car. People need to drop the Estimated 2020 delivery date if they were not in the first 500. ABC’s one buddy is 2289, and a Diablo, so not even close! The other guy is 1000. So that means he put his deposit in around May 2020? Again way past the 500 mark. 

I just struggle to understand or feel sorry for someone who sold their toys, when the vehicle they are “ordering” is in development and it’s not hidden as to where & what they are doing as they have weekly updates in some format. Now if they got a personal phone call to arrange financing, and we’re given a date, then it did not deliver. I would then have more sympathy. 
For you, yep, but you're in the industry.  For others, they see the "finalizing production!" posts and think they're close.  I wouldn't make the same decision, but I can see how someone would end up there.  

Agreed. 

By the way for those who don't know. Loans have been written for about 50 of the first orders.

And I may be mistaken, but cars need to be in their hands in a certain amount of time or those loans are null and void which would cause a huge issue with Speed and the bank. I think it's 60 or 90 days after the loan is signed.

Meaning, those first customers should be receiving their cars in the next month or 2. Whether that happens is anyone's guess.
I know in the "Tool world", ALL product must be delivered at the time of signing a contract... With that being said, I would never sign anything until the car was in front of me. Doing a loan to a customer without furnishing the product at the time of signing said loan is bad business and just plain stupid for the customer.

Just checked out Facebook speed owners group the deposit holders sound pissed off and frustrated with the bad information that speed  keeps shoving out 

Just checked out Facebook speed owners group the deposit holders sound pissed off and frustrated with the bad information that speed  keeps shoving out 

Don't  have a clue what a url is or how to paste it just go to facebook and join the owners group that why I almost never post on here

I'm already a Speed owners group member, plus the other Speed group that is open to the public. I didn't see a bunch of posts from disgruntled people.

You're the one who made the claim. It's up to you to prove it, not me. Are you seriously that computer illiterate? Can you get the little kid who showed you how to get on FB to cut n paste it for you?
His lack of knowledge in how to use a computer is the very definition of computer illiterate. Before that post, I tried to give him step by step instructions on how to copy a url. That's more than you or anyone else on here tried to do to help him. 

Notice how you completely ignored his name calling. Nothing new there.
I see no name calling on his part in this exchange. LOTD, you are the one who started this and if I see this happen again you will be put on post approval from here on out. Not up for debate . Back to topic..

It really is a shame how people feel the need to post such argumentative comments, against such off-topic posts. It happens on every form of public forum and social media, which is a reason I ditched Facebook years ago, and simply use picture based media and ignore the comment sections. 

What should be a thread that has useable information about the topic at hand, get's turned into a meaningless, immature bickering match, that quickly covers up good, useful information to other readers looking for that useful information to the topic at hand.

If you guys want to throw your personal opinions at one another, you should meet up at the next off-road event and have at it in person, I'll officiate (based purely on entertainment factor for the crowd, rather than fairness and truthfulness). 

That is my opinion. Take it or leave it.

Here is my useful post to the thread topic:

If only I was smart enough before hand, I would have removed the cover from the Speed UTV gearbox I had in the back of the truck all weekend and displayed it in our Sand Show booth for all to see how stout they are compared to everything else. I am sure Robby would have forgiven me. Missed opportunities. 
Well I came and talked to you on Friday and asked you what you thought about it and your willingness to comment meant a lot to me.I already have a 091 one with allWeddle gear set inside and I’ve been pretty happy with it considering it’s only an 091. Looking forward to going to a speed gearbox with a better reverse gear and no more clutch and more since I have a bad left foot and ankle. Thank you you for your comments you were one I will listen to what’s your experience level here.

Agreed. 

By the way for those who don't know. Loans have been written for about 50 of the first orders.

And I may be mistaken, but cars need to be in their hands in a certain amount of time or those loans are null and void which would cause a huge issue with Speed and the bank. I think it's 60 or 90 days after the loan is signed.

Meaning, those first customers should be receiving their cars in the next month or 2. Whether that happens is anyone's guess.
I’m not sure but Normal is within 30 days of signing from what I remember in a way earlier video they put out I believe that they were getting 45 days from freedom Road financing if that who the customer decides to go through Otherwise if you’re getting your own financing they’re gonna have to work within the fine print.

Back