Speed UTV

That ainā€™t real. Cā€™mon man. That only happens on asphalt landings or when the shocks arenā€™t set up correctly. Probably had them set up for rock climbing. I also donā€™t think that was your average Joe driving that car.šŸ˜‚ But why do they always toe out like that? @Horsepower LifestylesĀ Speed cars donā€™t come with rear steering tie rods. Theyā€™re placed up front like your rail so stuff like this donā€™t happen as much. Tie rods in compression (rear steer) will do this. Tie rods in tension (front steer) much stronger and less likely to buckle since the car always tends to want to go toed out on landings. = much safer for you and loved ones.Ā 

Last edited by a moderator:
I talked to a couple of guys at the SxsSss who were low numbered cars 80ā€™ and 90ā€™s. They stated that they had already signed paperwork one was financing and the other would pay cash. They were told end of this month early October they would be receiving their cars. Others have also been contacted and received their vin #ā€™s.Ā 
Ā 

As was stated repeatedly, waiting on EPA/CARB CERTIFICATION. But the process is done. And theyā€™re not allowed to bring in cars into this country without the certs.Ā 
Ā 

https://www.epa.gov/importing-vehicles-and-engines/how-obtain-copy-certificate-conformity-light-duty-vehicle-car-truck
RG always said there is another delay and customers cars will not be ready by the SSS. Why are people up in arms?Ā  But now you open up another can of worms with what you posted and cars are not even in the US?Ā  So where are they Hisun Mexico just waiting for paper work ready to cross borderĀ  Hmmm

I talked to a couple of guys at the SxsSss who were low numbered cars 80ā€™ and 90ā€™s. They stated that they had already signed paperwork one was financing and the other would pay cash. They were told end of this month early October they would be receiving their cars. Others have also been contacted and received their vin #ā€™s.Ā 
Ā 

As was stated repeatedly, waiting on EPA/CARB CERTIFICATION. But the process is done. And theyā€™re not allowed to bring in cars into this country without the certs.Ā 
Ā 

https://www.epa.gov/importing-vehicles-and-engines/how-obtain-copy-certificate-conformity-light-duty-vehicle-car-truck
I'm pretty sure a few pages back someone mentioned there were 4 production cars at the show. How was that possible ?

Real question for you guys.Ā  Have any of you driven or ridden in one?Ā 

I remember a time when a well known member here absolutely ripped off the dune community.Ā  Not once, but twice.Ā  In a very well documented and followed chit show.Ā  Mainly here on gd.com.Ā  Yet today, people line up to leave their cars at his shop and have him do his "magic" on them.Ā  The world is quick to forget, unless your name is Paula Dean...Ā  Ā  :ez: Ā 
ah you mean Justin and DB.com.Ā 
not sure how he ever got out of that, but Chuck went to the big house if I remember correctly.Ā 
the loss of a car that was a friends was in that also.Ā 
Justin knows his chit when it comes to these things. Iā€™ll give him that. I bought one of his predator cars and thank god I got it based on the crap that went down.Ā 
he appears to be doing good work, but I canā€™t ever forget the losses my friends tookĀ 

Justin never got nailed for ripping his customers off twice because he kept all of their assets in his wife's name, so there was no point in suing him. There was no way to collect.

Now that he has Shock Therapy, his prices and profit margin are so high, it's pretty much impossible to run that business into the ground. The good news is that he sold the business to Fox, so if he ever does try to go for a third time, people could go after Fox as the parent corporation and get their money back.

Ok so lets use your logic.....

no deiivery could happen at the show Ā - I guess there is some reason for that - so will take your word for that -

BUT

thats not the reason no cars got delivered - they just are not close to ready ...

So if that Ā (can't deliver at the show) WAS the reason ... Ā why not take the cars to the dealerships and deliver them the next day - your answer makes no senseĀ 

My buddy bought another brand UTV at the show and picked it up at the Stealership the next day Ā - pretty normal deal for as long as I can remember
The reason currently why no delivery to a customer or dealer is they do not have the final CARB and ARB final paperwork. Ā The cars have past the testing just no final rubber stamp.Ā 
Ā 

plus I think perhaps not all the cars produced at the China facility have made there way to the USA (speculation on my part).

Wildcat had straight driveshaft with barrel splines and no u-joints in 2012.

You asked to be schooled? How about educated? Schooling is attempting to put someone down. Iā€™d rather try to answer your questions, if you want an honest answer like you asked for.Ā 
Ā 

BUCKLE UP! HERE WE GO!Ā 
Ā 

They hype you donā€™t understand is we are having a proper designed SXS based on 30+ years of real Off Road, Indy car, NASCAR, Dakar & SST Motorsports experience built into this car. Speed is being built by a racer for the masses. This car is not built on a accounting profit margin formula base. This car is built to Robbys desire to build the best car at a reasonable & competitive price point and still make a profit.Ā 
Ā 

Here is a list of things that make the Speed UTV different from the rest and in many cases are patent protected so they canā€™t be copied. Some safety designs Robby has said he would offer to some other manufactures for a royalty, because he feels the safety is worth sharing.Ā 
Ā 

The main chassis is properly designed and triangulated. . Same with the upper roll cage. No dead tubes. No tubes uncapped. TheĀ whole chassis & cage is built out of DOM tubing. The majority is .095 wall thickness with some lower tubes .120 wall. There is no reason to need an aftermarket cage. Chassis shock mounts are Chromoly plate with the rear Chromoly shock mount a boxed backbone intergraded into the lower & mid chassis rails. Itā€™s been the butt of many jokes, but the fact is everything on this car, right down to the brake master cylinder is in double shear. No other manufactures offers any of this.Ā 

The suspension is built from Chromoly plate & tube. The suspension arms are fully reversible left to right. Front upper & lower are the same right & left. This is the same for the rear trailing arms. This was learned from Dakar and is patented in the UTV industry. There are no ball joints on this car. Only hiems & the inner trailing arm is a bushing. Ā No other manufactures offers any of this.Ā 

While I understand your concern for the suspension mounted off the front dif. This is very strong and has been proven and tested not only on the Speed UTV, but on Robbys Trophy Truck and they have never had a suspension tab failure. I was told by someone with Speed that the engineered dynamic testing, live stress & load testing showed the tabs were stronger then the frame mounted tabs used on the XX, which were stronger then the tabs used on the RZR. Also each tab has a metal sleeve pressed in it, so at no time is the bolt rotating on the aluminum. But letā€™s say you were to damage a tab? The front dif is a 3 peace unit that you can buy & replace either side. This is much cheaper then a frame replacement or fabrication of a new chassis section. In many cases, and one I personally know of. When a traditional suspension tab is ripped of the chassis can be damaged enough that a new chassis could be needed. A friend of a friend crashed his Can Am and when the front suspension was torn off the chassis was damage and the insurance considered totally it. But the car was so new that they ended up replacing the whole chassis. Also this front dif concept was Robbys idea, but designed by Albins, and Weddle consulted on it as they know all the design flaws on the other UTV manufactures difs and gearboxes. No other UTV manufactures have used this level of engineering on their drivetrain.Ā 
Ā 

The whole steering system is totally different from any other UTVā€™s and is more what you are used to with your buggy. You mentioned your a buggy guy for life. The Speed steering is a front steer system, with proper steering geometry. No ball joints are used on the inner or outer tie rods. This is the only UTV to use hydraulic power steering. This is the only UTV with a collapsible steering shaft for safety. If the chassis was to fail in a crash the steering shaft will not be pushed into your chest. No other UTV manufacture offers any of this.Ā 

Speed UTV is the only manufacture to sell every UTV no matter the trim with full containment seats. You are also offered 3 sizes to choose from. No one offers seat choices. They are the only brand to make proper 5 point harnesses standard on all cars. I believe, but could be wrong. Speed is the only brand to have a dual locking latches on the seat sliders, doubling the strength in a impact or high G load. No other UTV brand offers these features.Ā 

Speed is the first to offer a 3 speed shiftable CVT transmission. This too was designed by Albins and consulted by Weddle. The clutch was design by TAPP and is arguably the nicest and best clutch to come standard on any UTV. The other Brands customers are buying TAPP clutches as a aftermarket upgrade. Speeds axles are Chromoly and the CVā€™s are a patented design for plunge. They are Dakar tested & proven. If I remember correctly they also have built in grease fittings for maintenance. Ā Also the drive shaft does not use any U joints. This has been a big issue for Polaris over the years. Speed uses a single driveshaft with barrel spines on either end. This is something that NASCAR uses in its axle shafts to let solid axles adjust camber. This concept was designed on the Speed one piece driveshaft. No other manufacture has this.Ā 

The engine was designed by Arrington race engines. They designed the Dodge NASCAR engine, and at one time were a Toyota engine supplier for the Nationwide series. Another designer who did the head design work was a former Indy car engine design & builder. This engine is very unique with its power & stroke. There are dozens of small details like seal locks, AN fittings, dual injectors per cylinder, water bleed valves etc..that no one else has. The turbo design comes from Indy & F1, and Speed is the only manufacture to put the very hot turbo on the back side of the engine which removes the heat as far away from the drivers compartment and itā€™s passengers. This design is patented. All other brands have the turbo tucked directly behind the driver back seat firewall. This is why they have so many heat shields and you hear a little heat issues in the drivers compartment. This engine & ECU has two factory tunes built in from the factory. No other manufactures offer this. The ECU was designed by Emtron. They are a high performance racing ECU, not some generic ECU system. Ā They also chose to used a full dry sump oiling system that holds, I believe to be 5 or 6 quarts of oil. Largest in the UTV industry. The oiling system also has 2 oil filters for protection. One is a cartridge so when removed you can see if there are any contaminats in the filter.Ā 

Speed is the only manufacture to offer a 3 1/4 diameter shocks, that are the same sized on all 4 corners. The shocks are a patented design that Robby has been racing on for 20+ years. Shocks are very debatable and people are brand loyal. So Iā€™m not going to try to prove them to anyone. They are internal bypass with 13-14 stages of compression & rebound bypass zones in the shocks. Fox UTV shocks typically have 3 bypass zones. Speed shocks also have a topĀ out bump zone built into the shock. Each shock has full compression & rebound adjustment on them. Also the resivors are 360 degree spin able.Ā 
Ā 

Suspension design. The Speed suspension is unlike any of the other brands. The front suspension has very little track width change, and keeps the tread pattern flat at all times. This design has the least amount of bumpsteer due to steering rack location (like a buggy) and spindle design, and how the wheel center is centered over the king pin. Example would be the new Pro R has over 12 inches of track width change in the front suspension and positive camber change at full droop.Ā 
Ā 

The rear suspension is a traditional trailing arm style you are used to seeing on your buggy. Unlike the other brands 3-4 links, the trailing arm cycles straight and does not change track width like the 3-4 link suspensions do. I think ST said the Pro R had 13 inches of track width change. Speeds trailing arm does not change toe through the cycle. This has been a huge problem for the link suspensions and why Polaris designed the new Toe Link to counter and try to fix this issue. Itā€™s been said the new Polaris tie link has fixed most of the issue, but that the toe link itself has some design issues. The aftermarket is fixing it.Ā 
Ā 

Bolts, something so over looked. But Speed designed their own bolt & nut that puts the bolt shank all the way through the tabs. Also there are only a few size wrenches needed as they were able to design the bolt, with a common bolt head and nut size, no matter the shank size. This reduces the tools needed to work on the car.Ā 
Ā 

Brakes. Speed chose to build their own braking system. But I recently found out they hired and worked with Wilwood to design the whole braking system, master cylinder, & calipers. It was said one of the pre production cars at the show had the prototype Wilwood on it. But that the production cars has the Speed copies on them. Also all 4 wheels hub & bearing are the same. All 4 wheels calipers and rotors are the same.Ā 
Ā 

The digital dash display. While fancy, it does have some very cool features that others manufactures donā€™t offer. It has multiple screen layouts to choose from. You can screen mirror from your phone putting GPS maps right on your dash screen. The dash has many features that can be pug & play added on. Like tire pressure and alerts. Front & rear cameras. Belt temps.Ā 

The fuel tank is the largest in the industry standers at just over 14 gal. Speed will also offer a second Aux tank that is estimated at 10-12 gallons. Itā€™s not an option yet, but they have said they will build it once the car is released and production is running smoothly.Ā 
Ā 

Speed is the only Performance UTV to offer a truck like storage bed. Some donā€™t like the looks, but it gives you room for a spare tire & storage boxes all standard. The bed also comes standard with 3 spare tire mounting locations. Or the XX which Robby designed offers a proper spare tire mounting location standard on all models.Ā 

Speed is the only manufacture to offer 3-4 custom graphics patterns with almost unlimited color choices that the customer can choose on their Limited and RG edition cars. No other manufactures let you chose your color and graphic patterns.Ā 

Iā€™m sure there is more I can tell you but itā€™s way late. I can continue tomorrow if you want more details as to whatā€™s in the Speed UTV and why itā€™s different from the others.Ā 
Proper cliff notes of the presentation videos.Ā Ā 

You could be a sales guy for RG.Ā  Ā LOL!

I think Nikal just posted the definition of game changer. Hard to argue. Let's hope these rear trailing arm tabs hold up. Tremendous amount of engineering in these cars. Would hate to see something dumb like that cause issues. Joe public will find any weak spot.
I agree.

Every suspension needs a weak/fail point...I just don't think that should be it. Potential for disaster at speed is too great.

Probably the easiest fix with gussets or something better then the U shaped tabs.

Maybe they thought the suspension geometry was so good, more support was not needed.

:dunno:

I think Nikal just posted the definition of game changer. Hard to argue. Let's hope these rear trailing arm tabs hold up. Tremendous amount of engineering in these cars. Would hate to see something dumb like that cause issues. Joe public will find any weak spot.
Its all great stuff, but practically application the field always proves a V1 is a still a V1 Ā - GM and Ford have/had very deep pockets, and did CAD design and 5-7 years road testing on every car and we can all pick out Huge flaws in nearly every model first year. Ā I would say zero exceptions, add Dodge to that list as well.Ā 

Everything looks good on paper Ā -Ā 

You asked to be schooled? How about educated? Schooling is attempting to put someone down. Iā€™d rather try to answer your questions, if you want an honest answer like you asked for.Ā 
Ā 

BUCKLE UP! HERE WE GO!Ā 
Ā 

They hype you donā€™t understand is we are having a proper designed SXS based on 30+ years of real Off Road, Indy car, NASCAR, Dakar & SST Motorsports experience built into this car. Speed is being built by a racer for the masses. This car is not built on a accounting profit margin formula base. This car is built to Robbys desire to build the best car at a reasonable & competitive price point and still make a profit.Ā 
Ā 

Here is a list of things that make the Speed UTV different from the rest and in many cases are patent protected so they canā€™t be copied. Some safety designs Robby has said he would offer to some other manufactures for a royalty, because he feels the safety is worth sharing.Ā 
Ā 

The main chassis is properly designed and triangulated. . Same with the upper roll cage. No dead tubes. No tubes uncapped. TheĀ whole chassis & cage is built out of DOM tubing. The majority is .095 wall thickness with some lower tubes .120 wall. There is no reason to need an aftermarket cage. Chassis shock mounts are Chromoly plate with the rear Chromoly shock mount a boxed backbone intergraded into the lower & mid chassis rails. Itā€™s been the butt of many jokes, but the fact is everything on this car, right down to the brake master cylinder is in double shear. No other manufactures offers any of this.Ā 

The suspension is built from Chromoly plate & tube. The suspension arms are fully reversible left to right. Front upper & lower are the same right & left. This is the same for the rear trailing arms. This was learned from Dakar and is patented in the UTV industry. There are no ball joints on this car. Only hiems & the inner trailing arm is a bushing. Ā No other manufactures offers any of this.Ā 

While I understand your concern for the suspension mounted off the front dif. This is very strong and has been proven and tested not only on the Speed UTV, but on Robbys Trophy Truck and they have never had a suspension tab failure. I was told by someone with Speed that the engineered dynamic testing, live stress & load testing showed the tabs were stronger then the frame mounted tabs used on the XX, which were stronger then the tabs used on the RZR. Also each tab has a metal sleeve pressed in it, so at no time is the bolt rotating on the aluminum. But letā€™s say you were to damage a tab? The front dif is a 3 peace unit that you can buy & replace either side. This is much cheaper then a frame replacement or fabrication of a new chassis section. In many cases, and one I personally know of. When a traditional suspension tab is ripped of the chassis can be damaged enough that a new chassis could be needed. A friend of a friend crashed his new Can Am and when the front suspension was torn off the chassis was damage and the insurance considered totaling it. But the car was so new that they ended up replacing the whole chassis. Also this front dif concept was Robbys idea, but designed by Albins, and Weddle consulted on it as they know all the design flaws on the other UTV manufactures difs and gearboxes. No other UTV manufactures have used this level of engineering on their drivetrain.Ā 
Ā 

The whole steering system is totally different from any other UTVā€™s and is more what you are used to with your buggy. You mentioned your a buggy guy for life. The Speed steering is a front steer system, with proper steering geometry. No ball joints are used on the inner or outer tie rods. This is the only UTV to use hydraulic power steering. This is the only UTV with a collapsible steering shaft for safety. If the chassis was to fail in a crash the steering shaft will not be pushed into your chest. No other UTV manufacture offers any of this.Ā 

Speed UTV is the only manufacture to sell every UTV no matter the trim with full containment seats. You are also offered 3 sizes to choose from. No one offers seat choices. They are the only brand to make proper 5 point harnesses standard on all cars. I believe, but could be wrong. Speed is the only brand to have a dual locking latches on the seat sliders, doubling the strength in a impact or high G load. No other UTV brand offers these features.Ā 

Speed is the first to offer a 3 speed shiftable CVT transmission. This too was designed by Albins and consulted by Weddle. The clutch was design by TAPP and is arguably the nicest and best clutch to come standard on any UTV. The other Brands customers are buying TAPP clutches as a aftermarket upgrade. Speeds axles are Chromoly and the CVā€™s are a patented design for plunge. They are Dakar tested & proven. If I remember correctly they also have built in grease fittings for maintenance. Ā Also the drive shaft does not use any U joints. This has been a big issue for Polaris over the years. Speed uses a single driveshaft with barrel spines on either end. This is something that NASCAR uses in its axle shafts to let solid axles adjust camber. This concept was designed on the Speed one piece driveshaft. No other manufacture has this.Ā 

The engine was designed by Arrington race engines. They designed the Dodge NASCAR engine, and at one time were a Toyota engine supplier for the Nationwide series. Another designer who did the head design work was a former Indy car engine design & builder. This engine is very unique with its power & stroke. There are dozens of small details like seal locks, AN fittings, dual injectors per cylinder, water bleed valves etc..that no one else has. The turbo design comes from Indy & F1, and Speed is the only manufacture to put the very hot turbo on the back side of the engine which removes the heat as far away from the drivers compartment and itā€™s passengers. This design is patented. All other brands have the turbo tucked directly behind the driver back seat firewall. This is why they have so many heat shields and you hear a about heat issues in the drivers compartment. This engine & ECU has two factory tunes built in from the factory. No other manufactures offer this. The ECU was designed by Emtron. They are a high performance racing ECU, not some generic ECU system. Ā They also chose to used a full dry sump oiling system that holds, I believe to be 5 or 6 quarts of oil. Largest in the UTV industry. The oiling system also has 2 oil filters for protection. One is a cartridge so when removed you can see if there are any contaminats in the filter.Ā 

Speed is the only manufacture to offer 3 1/4 diameter shocks, that are the same size on all 4 corners. The shocks are a patented design that Robby has been racing on for 20+ years. Shocks are very debatable and people are brand loyal. So Iā€™m not going to try to prove them to anyone. They are internal bypass with 13-14 stages of compression & rebound bypass zones in the shocks. Fox UTV shocks typically have 3 bypass zones. Speed shocks also have a topĀ out bump zone built into the shock. Each shock has full compression & rebound adjustment on them. Also the resivors are 360 degree spin able.Ā 
Ā 

Suspension design. The Speed suspension is unlike any of the other brands. The front suspension has very little track width change, and keeps the tread pattern flat at all times. This design has the least amount of bumpsteer due to steering rack location (like a buggy) and spindle design, and how the wheel center is centered over the king pin. Example would be the new Pro R has over 12 inches of track width change in the front suspension and positive camber change at full droop.Ā 
Ā 

The rear suspension is a traditional trailing arm style you are used to seeing on your buggy. Unlike the other brands 3-4 links, the trailing arm cycles straight and does not change track width like the 3-4 link suspensions do. I think ST said the Pro R had 13 inches of track width change. Speeds trailing arm does not change toe through the cycle. This has been a huge problem for the link suspensions and why Polaris designed the new Toe Link to counter and try to fix this issue. Itā€™s been said the new Polaris tie link has fixed most of the issue, but that the toe link itself has some design issues. The aftermarket is fixing it.Ā 
Ā 

Bolts, something so over looked. But Speed designed their own bolt & nut that puts the bolt shank all the way through the tabs. Also there are only a few size wrenches needed as they were able to design the bolt, with a common bolt head and nut size, no matter the shank size. This reduces the tools needed to work on the car.Ā 
Ā 

Brakes. Speed chose to build their own braking system. But I recently found out they hired and worked with Wilwood to design the whole braking system, master cylinder, & calipers. It was said one of the pre production cars at the show had the prototype Wilwood on it. But that the production cars has the Speed copies on them. Also all 4 wheels hub & bearing are the same. All 4 wheels calipers and rotors are the same.Ā 
Ā 

The digital dash display. While fancy, it does have some very cool features that others manufactures donā€™t offer. It has multiple screen layouts to choose from. You can screen mirror from your phone putting GPS maps right on your dash screen. The dash has many features that can be plug & play added on. Like tire pressure and alerts. Front & rear cameras. Belt temps.Ā 

The fuel tank is the largest in the industry at just over 14 gal. Speed will also offer a second Aux tank as an accessory that is estimated at 10-12 gallons. Itā€™s not an accessory option yet, but they have said they will build it once the car is released and production is running smoothly.Ā 
Ā 

Speed is the only Performance UTV to offer a truck like storage bed. Some donā€™t like the looks, but it gives you room for a spare tire & storage boxes all standard. The bed also comes standard with 3 spare tire mounting locations. Only the XX which Robby designed offers a proper spare tire mounting location standard, but the tire takes the whole bed. In both the Speed & XX the spare is mounted as low as possible, where other brands aftermarket tire mounts are up high, some at roof hight.Ā 

Speed is the only manufacture to offer 3-4 custom graphics patterns with almost unlimited color choices that the customer can choose on their Limited and RG edition cars. No other manufactures lets you chose your color and graphic patterns.Ā 

Iā€™m sure there is more I can tell you but itā€™s way late. I can continue tomorrow if you want more details as to whatā€™s in the Speed UTV and why itā€™s different from the others.Ā 

Nice write up.Ā  One reads this and makes you realize robby's utv will become the highest costing sxs very soon.Ā  Regardless of the economy, these cars will cost way over 45 for just the base.Ā  And at dealershipsĀ  they will be way over 50 day two.Ā  Ā Wouldn't be surprised if they cost close to 100 with options at the dealership.Ā  Too much car for 32, waaaaay to much car for 32.Ā  And the 2024 500hp, well that will start at 65'ish, maybe more.Ā  But its only money, and the public can finance it.Ā Ā 

@Sand SharkĀ I posted this On Sunday. I donā€™t always like how RG comes off but I didnā€™t like how Donald Trump came off at times either. šŸ„“ Thatā€™s just how theyā€™re built I guess. I know you have a woody for your Can-an just as much as I do for my future Speed car. Iā€™m not changing your mind and neither am I. Speed ā€œlooksā€ to have more of the stuff Iā€™m looking for in a SXS. And that list is pretty long. Thatā€™s all.Ā 
That's interesting to me, because I like how straightforward RG speaks, I liked how DT used Twitter to speak truth to the masses, sidestepping the lying MSM who was twisting his words. He was very good at offending the snowflakes, making it easier to spot them and he turned out to be right on a lot of things that people initially thought were conspiracy theories, like all of the baseless investigations started in an attempt to discredit him and how they actually DID steal the election.

Elon Musk is another person I admire for his intellect and his ability to solve problems for the public that their governments couldn't solve, despite collecting taxes to do so. His Twitter posts have absolutely destroyed Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders, just as an added bonus. It's nice to see people who are not only geniuses, but funny as well!

Back