Speed UTV

Take a sand rail, a Speed and a Rzr and remove all of the body panels, showing off the chassis and suspension. Then take a moderately observant Joe Citizen off the street and ask him to study all 3 vehicles for 30 minutes. Then ask him which 2 vehicles look most alike, he will say the Speed and the sand rail look most alike.

If you take somebody who really knows his stuff - like any TT builder, and ask them which chassis and suspension they feel is strongest, there's a good chance they'll select the Speed for a large number of reasons that elude even long time duners. For example some sand rails come with heim joints, some come with uniballs, but the Speed spindle uniballs are oriented with the bolt mounted fore and aft and they don't use any heim joints for major suspension pivots. Most sand rails don't have boxed arms, etc. 
That still does not make the Speed UTV a game changer.   We all agree the Speed UTV has a well designed and stout frame.  Getting away from ball joints is nice.  

Wonder how long those uniball and heims will last on the Speed.   Those are wear items as you know from owning a sandrail.   

Nice to see RG make improvements on his designs he used on the Wildcat XX

wildcat xx.jpg

I had ordered a Diablo originally. Whats funny is at the beginning the Diablo was $28,999, Speed always messes this up when posting these. There was no bandit at the beginning and the Diablo was in that spot. Great deal. My 4 seater is at original pricing $32,000.
I know it was accurate for the base model Diablo because I ordered that one at 30000 only last February 3000 something in line

1 hour ago, Lord of the Dunes said:

If RG isn't in that group, why are you so offended by him? You're acting exactly like the libtards did in the streets when Trump got elected.

Here is actual footage of you-know-who at the SSSpeed Show.  :lmao:

Ok 👌🏻 SOCALDMAX 

I would agree the Speed UTV is not a game changer as I don’t think anything but the Rhino is. 

Whst the Speed UTV is. It’s a Industry Changer. If the industry wants to keep up with the Speed design, engineering and manufacturing. They are going to have to change. 

Once these are out to market and people see the quality and durability. They are going to expect that from Polaris, Can Am etc.. or they might leave and buy a Speed. Especially if Speed later does enter the lower tier segment, but can bring the quality over. 

I would agree the Speed UTV is not a game changer as I don’t think anything but the Rhino is. 

Whst the Speed UTV is. It’s a Industry Changer. If the industry wants to keep up with the Speed design, engineering and manufacturing. They are going to have to change. 

Once these are out to market and people see the quality and durability. They are going to expect that from Polaris, Can Am etc.. or they might leave and buy a Speed. Especially if Speed later does enter the lower tier segment, but can bring the quality over. 
Nikal - you and I both agree the fit and finish on the Speed UTV is not up to the standard expected for a car of this design.  They have a ways to go in that department.  Quality on some stuff looks great and other stuff no better than the rest.  Durability are still unknowns as the public has not got a hold of them. 

I think you are putting the cart before the horse right now.  We can come back after a year of the cars being in the public hands and see.

People have lots of choices when it comes to a SXS.  

Next year will be interesting as Can Am should be releasing their latest and greatest and rumor is the Pro R might have a model that comes with 35s. 

This is a screenshot when I ordered the Diablo originally. When the bandit was announced it took the pricing of the Diablo and the Diablo went up a $1000.

View attachment 44251
How far back did you order?

I wish I would’ve done it sooner but I just kept waiting to see what more they were going to add which is what made me make the move to get one.

I have to admit he is right with this one. My dad stuffed his can am when we first got it. It was a weird bowl transfer and he misread it. Stuffed the front and we didn't notice anything so we all got back in our cars to leave and my dad says wait i'm overheating. we hadn't even moved yet. So i go look at the front radiator and the stock bumper had bent back pinching the radiator fan against the piece behind it so it wasn't spinning. A few yanks on the bumper and we got the fan to spin again and made it back to camp. After that the first thing we did with any can am we bought was put a front bumper and bulk head kit on it.
Oh, I’m not saying the radiator won’t break. I’m talking about the above post where if you jump it, you end up with a cascading series of events that result in towing a vehicle out. This is par for the LOTD/SCDMAX course and as inevitable (and similar in appearance) as diarrhea after drinking the water in TJ. 

Ive seen many front end hits on the canam that wipe out the radiator. There are a ton of aftermarket rear relocation kits as well.

And from what I recall from my canam, the radiator is mounted to the front single sheer top shock mounts. Fantastic idea.
Front end definitely should be beefier, but it can definitely hold up the radiator. :biggrin:

The Messiah will change the UTV world!!! 
If he does, it will be fun to watch it happen. Be great to see an "American Shelby" story happen in our time.

Speed will never be a big box mfg, nor should they ever IMHO, that would ruin what they can do outside the corporate world.

Support, Longevity and Rising costs will determine how the story will end....will still be a great story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of like the Pro R? The super game changer? How'd it do at the 400?
I think it was a podium sweep in the class they race. LOL!  Not sure if Caden Wells is running the Pro R.  He won the class.  Only Pro R not to finish was Wayne Matlock. 

Pro R just upped it in the motor department.  From talking to others that race and driven the Pro R they say it is well planted in the desert in stock form.  4 seater would be a blast in the open desert.      

Back