Speed UTV

It’s Robby Freaking Gordon!!! He always does things you wouldn’t expect. 😂 I think he was antsy by the end of the day and wanted to let loose on the track and forgot about that tab having a band aid fix. But yeah, he should’ve done it in one of the newer cars.  :coocoo:
Very curious as to why he didn't do it in a production car?  

coming from a guy that does not know nearly half of you guys do i think the speed break looks horrible for the brand. you keep saying speed only broke a old outdated tab. but as someone looking at a car that is not even in production why would they have an old outdated tab if there is not even an old outdated car. i have no intention of buying a speed but if someone was looking at different cars that break is not good in the eyes of a potential customer. i would think that if your car is not even in production you should have the best stuff on the cars you are trying to show off.  i think your explanation of not a big deal makes it even worse, if they cant bother to update a tab on a show off car whats the quality of the production cars going to be? then his explanation of being on the breaks when the car landed made me laugh. its not like i was driving the car it was a professional driver.  

try looking at it from your average joe looking at what car they should buy. 

can am at least has a history of production cars lots of people who have own driven and like the car. speed basically only has robby to speak for the car, and it seams when they come out to events there is more negative than positive, remember last year the horribly welded bolt. 
Yeah I don’t care about average joe. They’re all idiots anyways.

@jareddustin My understanding as to why he brought out the preproduction cars was to be able to compare the production ones against it. Problem is the average Joe probably didn’t know which car was which.  He should have had the 2 groups separated from each other and made it clear for all in attendance. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I don’t care about average joe. They’re all idiots anyways.
but the average joe is the one that will be buying the cars. the average joe makes up a majority of the market. the guy that takes his family out on the weekends to have fun not race. they are the ones that will make or break the brand, a company like speed cant survive off a few race teams getting their cars. the race teams are more of a marketing tool. 

Guys, I don’t know what survived in that Can-am but that flex in the suspension when it hit the ground can’t be good for the ball joints ,spindles, attachment points frame etc… Geez.   :fight: Speed only broke a clapped out outdated tab. Not a big deal. Unless you’re looking for an excuse to make it one? 
Point is nothing broke on the “inferior” Can Am.  It returned the next day and did it again.  No welding needed to fix anything.

God’’s gift to the UTV world built by the greatest  broke after telling the world how much better his design was compared to others.

it is an off-road vehicle stuff will break.  

@jareddustin My understanding as to why he brought out the preproduction cars was to be able to compare the production ones against it. Problem is the average Joe probably didn’t know which car was which.  He should have had the 2 groups separated from each other and made it clear for all in attendance. 
that is my point, someone looking at an orange car that broke and the orange car that didnt break does not know what is what. unless robby is going for the any publicity is good publicity approach he really needs to hire a new marketing person. 

Point is nothing broke on the “inferior” Can Am.  It returned the next day and did it again.  No welding needed to fix anything.

God’’s gift to the UTV world built by the greatest  broke after telling the world how much better his design was compared to others.

it is an off-road vehicle stuff will break.  
I don’t know if anything broke and neither do you. Could they of fixed it later in the day or by the next day, WE don’t know. How many miles were on that thing? Was it a newer built car? Don’t know. Speed car had over 10k hard ass miles as RG was trying to break it since it’s inception. This jump was the straw that broke its back. It’s since been rectified (hopefully).
Like you said, it’s an off-road vehicle stuff will break. And so will the Speed cars. Hopefully not to the point of needing a new chassis 

Why I’m I getting into this discussion!!!  :bangin:

Id love to post my constructive criticism about the Speed cars at the show. But this place is not about constructive criticism. I have shared on RDC so if you care you can see my thoughts there. But this site is nothing but a bash fest with people who are not buyers, or care to be, yet they will degrade someone for what they are building, or who’s buying it. If your not buying why do you care? Trolls on here ask the same stupid questions to just stir the pot. 

IMO Robby should have not taken any cars onto that stupid Flat biller Terra Crew drift box. The whole thing was stupid and brought nothing to the event. Robby had nothing to prove or gain by doing it. I know in his head he was thinking about giving a show, as that’s what he likes to do. It would have been more exciting to see a SST truck doing it. 

Now with that said and with everyone asking & saying why bring out a worn out pre production car to the event?

I feel having that car there was very important. But it was not showcases correctly. That car should have had a plaque stand in front of it showing what the car is and it’s usage stats. Sharing & seeing how that car has held up over 10k miles is impressive to buyers or potential buyers. Very few UTV’s see 10K miles. Most have seen videos of that car and the abuse it’s taken. But if you don’t show or explain that’s the same car, many won’t know. That’s how I would have showcased that car. Maybe have a video on a big TV looping and showing footage from Parker would have been a plus too! 

I liked the car upside down and was a great draw. I would have also liked to have seen a final bare production chassis on display, and again put identification tags on items you want to show & explain on that bare chassis. I’d assume they did not have one to bring or they probably would have vs flipping a car. 

Speed is complete with their portion of the CARB/EPA testing and are only waiting on CARB to finish processing their red tape and submitting the CARB # to Speed UTV. It was said it could be days or weeks before they get it. But Speed is complete and passed. Also after they get their certificates and #, it can still take weeks to months to get published on the CARB site as they continue to blame the pandemic for not getting their jobs done. It took months for the Pro R to get published. 

And lastly, even if CARB was final, and even if they had a 1000’s to deliver they could not have done so at the show. None of the dealers were or could deliver a car at the show. If you bought a car at the show you had to pick it up at the dealership. So Please quit asking Troll questions of “How many cars did they deliver?” The answer is none, just like all the other dealers who had cars for sale at the show. 
Very well said. 

Id love to post my constructive criticism about the Speed cars at the show. But this place is not about constructive criticism. I have shared on RDC so if you care you can see my thoughts there. But this site is nothing but a bash fest with people who are not buyers, or care to be, yet they will degrade someone for what they are building, or who’s buying it. If your not buying why do you care? Trolls on here ask the same stupid questions to just stir the pot. 

IMO Robby should have not taken any cars onto that stupid Flat biller Terra Crew drift box. The whole thing was stupid and brought nothing to the event. Robby had nothing to prove or gain by doing it. I know in his head he was thinking about giving a show, as that’s what he likes to do. It would have been more exciting to see a SST truck doing it. 

Now with that said and with everyone asking & saying why bring out a worn out pre production car to the event?

I feel having that car there was very important. But it was not showcases correctly. That car should have had a plaque stand in front of it showing what the car is and it’s usage stats. Sharing & seeing how that car has held up over 10k miles is impressive to buyers or potential buyers. Very few UTV’s see 10K miles. Most have seen videos of that car and the abuse it’s taken. But if you don’t show or explain that’s the same car, many won’t know. That’s how I would have showcased that car. Maybe have a video on a big TV looping and showing footage from Parker would have been a plus too! 

I liked the car upside down and was a great draw. I would have also liked to have seen a final bare production chassis on display, and again put identification tags on items you want to show & explain on that bare chassis. I’d assume they did not have one to bring or they probably would have vs flipping a car. 

Speed is complete with their portion of the CARB/EPA testing and are only waiting on CARB to finish processing their red tape and submitting the CARB # to Speed UTV. It was said it could be days or weeks before they get it. But Speed is complete and passed. Also after they get their certificates and #, it can still take weeks to months to get published on the CARB site as they continue to blame the pandemic for not getting their jobs done. It took months for the Pro R to get published. 

And lastly, even if CARB was final, and even if they had a 1000’s to deliver they could not have done so at the show. None of the dealers were or could deliver a car at the show. If you bought a car at the show you had to pick it up at the dealership. So Please quit asking Troll questions of “How many cars did they deliver?” The answer is none, just like all the other dealers who had cars for sale at the show. 
Not a bad post, however you are completely off on this one part,

"But this site is nothing but a bash fest with people who are not buyers,"

There are lots of buyers on this site and this thread, and some of the buyers are bashers as well.  

Curious to your thoughts on why didn't robby show case an actual production model at the "stupid Flat biller Terra Crew drift box"?  

Not a bad post, however you are completely off on this one part,

"But this site is nothing but a bash fest with people who are not buyers,"

There are lots of buyers on this site and this thread, and some of the buyers are bashers as well.  

Curious to your thoughts on why didn't robby show case an actual production model at the "stupid Flat biller Terra Crew drift box"?  

You should never discriminate a potential paying customer. You're in the customer service business whether you like or realize it. 

Business rule 101 = Do NOT pre judge people and their buying power. That's if you want your business to move in a forward direction.

Back