Speed UTV

Cool if the Speed key is a non issue for ARB, would suck if it made your UTV a Race Only ride.

Glad thats not the case.

Better for them to get ARB worked out vs a Cert from the mfg and the headache of getting a non ARB registered used in CA aka Glamis or local Desert.

What kind of answer is that? You are stating the obvious.

Again, how is it detrimental to me to not have a Speed UTV right now?

What kind of harm am I experiencing? You seem to have all the answers. Let's hear it.
In 5 years the Speed will be thoroughly outdated.  Might be the beefiest option on the table, but if the 2L wave continues, 300hp will be a pump gas thing, not E85.  

But, if that's fine with you to wait 5 years on something you spent money putting a deposit on, I guess that's your deal.  I fall in the camp that generally expects people to deliver on promises, not sit there and edge you for 3 years without delivering on promised goods.  Po-tay-to, po-tah-to, but it's Effing weird to me to put thousands (or whatever) down for a consumer product and not have it show up for 3-8 years.

So, if it's 5 years from now, how many more videos with a famous dude strangely talking chit about other products half the time while simultaneously not delivering his own product will we have to memorize? :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
People put way more than speed asked for street cars....and wait... Bronco's anyone? 

I thought "round heel" consumers were extinct, but was wrong.

People put way more than speed asked for street cars....and wait... Bronco's anyone? 
Ford announced the Bronco in June 2020, and accepted orders January 2021. First delivery was July 2021.  

Yes, there are still thousands waiting, but they've been pushed back months, not years, from their promise date. :biggrin:

Ford announced the Bronco in June 2020, and accepted orders January 2021. First delivery was July 2021.  

Yes, there are still thousands waiting, but they've been pushed back months, not years, from their promise date. :biggrin:
Not only that it is from a company that has a long track record providing products.

Thanks for the Update DTA, it explains a lot. 

:hi:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK did any one get a update on car deliveries at the SSSS? I was not able to go but would like to hear real talk..

I don't think the problem is how the mount is affixed to the chassis, but more the mount itself.  It's a couple 2D 1/4" tabs sticking out, and it failed because the tabs are just chillin out there with no support.  Look at where it broke:

View attachment 43791

Even the whack-ass booger welds in the middle held, it's the tab itself that failed.  Adding more weld to the middle of the mount isn't gonna help.  Every time you hit a bump, camber changes, drifting, etc, you're putting lateral stress on a 2D part.  Like you said: tying the tab horizontally to the tube, or tying them together, is the solution here.

Forged tab will be nice and super strong forged steel everywhere but the welds, where the grain structure will look more like a cast piece.  On the outer pivot, putting it into the end of a tube works great (like the inner C of a steering live axle) since you're putting the weaker welded part on the thick-ass slug.   With the inner pivot tabs, you've put the weld at the base of the tab, which isn't the most awesome place to put your weak point.

We shall see, but as stout as this chassis is, I think the suspension mounts themselves are the likeliest place for failure, both front and rear.  Rear is an easy fix even if it fails...  Assuming it didn't fail at 70mph on Zoo Road. :biggrin:
@Rockwood that’s a picture that I took from the pre production car that had the old style “tabs”. The new redesigned one is a forged “U shaped radiused center bracket” that is wrapped around the tube with a hole in the center. That hole gets a rosette weld. Look closely at this picture.

968E092D-8B52-4E6E-907B-79BDCFF57022.jpeg

I think this issue is resolved. 

Back