Speed UTV

i am disappointed that it sounded like every other sxs i have heard in the video posted maybe because of noise regulations 

the failure will not be a problem if the production cars don’t have the same issues 

Not as much in the dirt where they can slide but in the sand where’s there traction and can dig….the radius rods cars will flip. 😜🤙🏽  
I would like to see someone cycle their Kawasaki to see how much track change there is. ST mentioned they had very little. If that’s true, Kawasaki needs to up their HP game and take control of the market. Seems like a legit car to me. 
I'm a Honda fan boy no doubts, but the Kawasaki I liked the most.

That thing bottomed out hard. I guess the shocks will need some tuning after all. 
NO WAY, THIS THING IS THE $HIT RIGHT OUTA THE BOX! 

The holy messiah said so, and robby knows all!!! 

How dare you speak of IT needing anything else, tuning or otherwise.

Besides it was a pre production model that had just raced and won the Dakar and indy 500, it was bond to break eventually.  

sheesh...  people hating on this is just bad for 'merica

Last edited by a moderator:

Besides it was a pre production model that had just raced and won the Dakar and indy 500, it was bond to break eventually.  

in the same day no less.... :laugh1:

So here are so comparable pics of a XX and the Speed pivot tabs. Speed is using a u-shaped tab whereas the XX is more of a contoured/radiused tab for added strength. Wonder why they didn’t just go with what they had on the XX? EE1DA0A4-6FE3-4A74-877A-753C00A2B5BF.jpeg814ABD8A-9FDB-4C10-A953-78E67D90059E.jpeg

I wish these guys would just deliver some cars or shut up

Reactions: FOG

I never got the full count of how many cars robby delivered this weekend?   

Anyone, bueller?  
We need to know common core math to figure out how many.  100 X O = 100   Imaginary cars delivered at the show.  

https://fb.watch/fDvzQ3hlSh/

Tab was updated. This was the 2nd time that tab on that car had ripped off. 
“Internet’s going wild, Robby’s car breaks. Let’s bring a Polaris out. Let’s bring a Can Am out.”

Dumb. Quit it with immediately shitting on other manufacturers. It’s farking oooooooooooooooold.

I gave up listening there since finger pointing and bus throwing makes me go somethingsomething. How was it updated….?

https://fb.watch/fDvzQ3hlSh/

Tab was updated. This was the 2nd time that tab on that car had ripped off. 
Again, because Robby says it than it’s 100% fact? If you look at the pics posted you can see the latest and greatest versions have the same style mount. He is saying what’s needed to calm the masses. My guess is there will be a change made on the assembly line. Probably made the call as soon as he parked the car!

Well if there's one person who knows for a fact it's been updated it would be him. 🤷‍♂️ 

The car ripped off a trailing arm a year or 2 ago and was rewelded. Looks like they rewelded it again last night because they took the same car out today for the jumps again. 

The tabs and the design were updated from the ones on the car that broke already. The assembly line won't get changed because that change happened months ago.

All this is from what RG says. 

Maybe he's lying and is going to move to Costa Rica with all the moneys. 
I get what your saying and the sarcasm going with it, but the pics are from his production line videos. So are you saying the changes were made after he made the production line videos? Yes, it was evident the mounts were broken before and rewelded. Possibly even repaired a couple of times by the looks of the area. Quick question and it’s not just directed at you. Don’t you feel that somebody who prides himself in being 100% transparent about the builds should have let everyone know that the trailing arm mounts are a weak link and failed so they made an update? Obviously this was hidden on purpose and if it hadn’t failed in front of everyone nobody would have ever known. So he’s really not all that transparent is he? The sad thing is the Speed car IS bad azz. It is built way tougher than the rest. The car that broke is his production car with a lot of miles on it. Even saying all of that, the bolt heard round the world and this mishap are things people remember. Not to mention they are two things that could have been completely avoided with a little inspection.

I assume the screenshots I posted, as well as the upside down car are the updated tab? If so, they need more support. This is a semi trailing arm, so there are only two mounting points to spread impact and side loading over a foot away. Anyone with a buggy, or that runs with buggies, has seen cracking or failure of these tabs or around them. There is a chit-ton of stress there. All the beef in the chassis, these 2D mounts are letting it down. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back