Speed UTV

Taken from the Speed page on FB. This pretty much sums it up. 

[SIZE=.9375rem]Oh it clearly broke before the jump and the admins here won't let the video be posted for it to be seen here. I love all the excuses to like "it's a old worn prototype" you don't do a major event like that. In front of all the people your trying to get to [/SIZE]buy your not in production SXS with worn out junk that has a high probability of failure. That's just stupid business and marketing. 

Glad they caught this problem now rather then later. But then again looks like they’ve known about it??  Especially since this car has over 10k miles and looks to have been welded on before. Hopefully this has been addressed and will be much beefier or have gussets and plates on all sides. And use those vw style tabs.  If someone is at the show today snap some pictures of those tabs for us from the production cars   :thumb:   

Oh yeah, was the motorcycle the big surprise?!!! Who cares!!!! 😡

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad they caught this problem now rather then later. But then again looks like they’ve known about it??  Especially since this car has over 10k miles and looks to have been welded on before. Hopefully this has been addressed and will be much beefier or have gussets on all sides. If someone is at the show today snap some pictures of those tabs for us from the production cars   :thumb:
Again, If I was on a stage of potential customers at the LARGEST Sand Show, I would be demoing my best vehicle, not a clapped out one with over 10K miles. Say hello to damage control. This is just the beginning of the many growing pains they are experiencing and will endure. Good Luck to Speed Inc. 

ripped the trailing arm off and still drove it to the trailer.....My neighbor broke a $20.00 heim on his polaris and took out the arm, the shock, the axle....didn't drive anywhere.....got towed....Just sayin....  

Hater's gonna Hate. 
The $20 heim is part of the problem.  Have you priced FK heims recently?  I was in shock when I go the total of new ones for my front end on the sand car.

Again, If I was on a stage of potential customers at the LARGEST Sand Show, I would be demoing my best vehicle, not a clapped out one with over 10K miles. Say hello to damage control. This is just the beginning of the many growing pains they are experiencing and will endure. Good Luck to Speed Inc. 
Agree, not a good look at all! Especially since he’s done so much bragging and bagging. This outta humble him a bit. But I also don’t think it’s the end of the world. Should be an easy enough fix. Just glad I’m not in the first run of builds.  :classic_ninja:

Doors opened and shut good early Friday. By the next day they were a mess. Hopefully that also gets sorted out. Maybe a simple adjustment and some TIGHTENING up of some bolts! 😠

The broken Speed car - was it "speed keyed" seemed pretty quick?

After looking Friday night, the cars IMO have progressed a bit in the last year. They are the only UTV that is really "designed" like a sand/off road car, seeing the underside was a cool marketing deal.  Friend got his RZR PRO R (4 seat) the other day, its beefy, but its still built like a UTV, just beefier. Nice for trails I guess..that high center of gravity is no bueno in sand IMO.

If/when Speed start delivering cars, they will iron out a lot IMO in the first year.  Newbies are far less predictable drivers than pro's  (UTV Fails shows that..) The second generation Speed likely with 4 cylinder powerplant are going to be really nice.

With all these very capable cars coming out, lots of used UTVs gonna be out there and prices are falling pretty quick (outside CA), going pick one up for tooling around and wait for Gen 2 speed

I haven't driven my Can Am in a while , especially not going in circles in a parking lot so I don't remember. Is that normal to lift the front tire that much ? That kind of surprised me seeing it 3 wheel like that. 

I haven't driven my Can Am in a while , especially not going in circles in a parking lot so I don't remember. Is that normal to lift the front tire that much ? That kind of surprised me seeing it 3 wheel like that. 
A little, but they’re different rear suspension. Semi-trailing link will tend to squat and roll more than the mutli links in the other SxSs. Shouldn’t be as noticeable in the dirt where there isn’t as much traction. 

Last edited by a moderator:
A little, but they’re different rear suspension. Semi-trailing link will tend to squat and roll more than the mutli links in the other SxSs. Shouldn’t be as noticeable in the dirt where there isn’t as much traction. 
Not as much in the dirt where they can slide but in the sand where’s there traction and can dig….the radius rods cars will flip. 😜🤙🏽  
I would like to see someone cycle their Kawasaki to see how much track change there is. ST mentioned they had very little. If that’s true, Kawasaki needs to up their HP game and take control of the market. Seems like a legit car to me. 

Not as much in the dirt where they can slide but in the sand where’s there traction and can dig….the radius rods cars will flip. 😜🤙🏽  
I would like to see someone cycle their Kawasaki to see how much track change there is. ST mentioned they had very little. If that’s true, Kawasaki needs to up their HP game and take control of the market. Seems like a legit car to me. 
Lol

The track width change only matters if you’re trying to corner hard while unloaded (like a roller?), which is a yard sale anyway. Normal cornering sees one side compress, the other side droop, so it mostly evens out.  

The way the suspension worked on the pavement reminded me of the hardcore prerunner trucks that were running earlier in the day. Those guys had the 3 wheel motion too 😁. I will say, on the first jump, it sucked it up well and didn t seem close to bottoming. 

Back