Speed UTV

Planning on hitting the SSSS this year. Who all is going? Wouldn’t mind meeting the guys I’ve been BSing with in this thread. Maybe meet some guys hopefully picking up their cars?

So at 51:10 in there last video Justin gets a ? on RG and the Car see his response. His comments seemed true on his thoughts and out look. Seems that about the same time as SS show they will be doing a full review on the pro R also. That was the next question after the RG. The show on spring set up was good I would say I wish I had seen this back in 2008 when I was building my car. I had to figure out this shock set up myself back then.

1 hour ago, jginsandiego said:

So at 51:10 in there last video Justin gets a ? on RG and the Car see his response. His comments seemed true on his thoughts and out look. Seems that about the same time as SS show they will be doing a full review on the pro R also. That was the next question after the RG. The show on spring set up was good I would say I wish I had seen this back in 2008 when I was building my car. I had to figure out this shock set up myself back then.

Justin is a smart dude when it comes to suspension.   It will be interesting and educational when RG joins him for a show. 

Just got back from dropping my Joyner at the dealership. 

Head mechanic said folks are wadding up the Pro R’s and they CANNOT take the pounding Polaris claims, like tun key .. run Baja, etc. I said how many? Answer. “.. we’ve had a bunch all busted up, rolled, failed, etc.”

This one was in the back all tore up.

abc

PS. He thinks the chassis doesn’t match, the power.. people have more go peddle and are pushing these. Etc.

7DC3B5BD-59C9-435E-85E8-4CE32AEB071C.jpeg

97665CBB-31F8-4938-9476-80CFA56B7C0D.jpeg

C1C88845-20A8-492A-BB0A-F528B9EA1FE3.jpeg

512603D1-B922-464B-BB29-7BAF4DE72990.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Head mechanic said folks are wadding up the Pro R’s and they CANNOT take the pounding Polaris claims, like tun key .. run Baja, etc. I said how many? Answer. “.. we’ve had a bunch all busted up, rolled, failed, etc.”

abc

PS. He thinks the chassis doesn’t match, the power.. people have more go peddle and are pushing these. Etc.

View attachment 41529

View attachment 41530

View attachment 41531

View attachment 41532
That's what happens with sign and drive. 

I'll be there, possibly wearing a shirt that says "I am Michael Gonzalez"
How many people will you meet with the same name? :biggrin:

abc

View attachment 41529

View attachment 41530

View attachment 41531

View attachment 41532
Every brand-specific mechanic on Earth thinks the vehicles they work on are steaming piles of dogshit. :biggrin:

Also, should you introduce yourself as an engineer for the brand they work on, I hope you can run fast.  There's a lot of pent-up rage there... :biggrin:

How many people will you meet with the same name? :biggrin:

Every brand-specific mechanic on Earth thinks the vehicles they work on are steaming piles of dogshit. :biggrin:

Also, should you introduce yourself as an engineer for the brand they work on, I hope you can run fast.  There's a lot of pent-up rage there... :biggrin:
Talk to a Chevy mechanic and he will tell you they are pile.  Talk to a Toyota mechanic and they will say they are less of a pile then the rest.  Talk to a jeep mechanic and he will say this is a money making pile.  LOL! 

abc

View attachment 41529

View attachment 41530

View attachment 41531

View attachment 41532
225hp with joe public hitting the desert for the first time and you get a pile of wrecked cars.

What will be the excuse when a Speed UTV ends up in the same condition?  

225hp with joe public hitting the desert for the first time and you get a pile of wrecked cars.  
Easy way to make parts and service $$$ if you ask me.

As far back as I could remember in Power Sports Industry, certain MFG's were always quick to market with New Models that had fast motors and cool graphics...

Are you surprised it was Polaris and SeaDoo, this was in the 90's.

Their business model has not changed. $$$

I guess a wrecked vehicle can be deceiving.. was it the car that could take a pounding or is it a driver who stuffed it in the rocks, lost talent, etc.?

Like mentioned here the customer and mechanic will have their own subjective views, doesn’t mean either is right.

abc

Easy way to make parts and service $$$ if you ask me.

As far back as I could remember in Power Sports Industry, certain MFG's were always quick to market with New Models that had fast motors and cool graphics...

Are you surprised it was Polaris and SeaDoo, this was in the 90's.

Their business model has not changed. $$$
Why deviate from a money making plan?  They have a service department for a reason. LOL!

With the growth of UTVs over the last 10 years dealership service departments have probably been making more and more money each year.   

Back