Speed UTV

Speed UTV is cutting their cost by taking the manufacturing overseas and getting materials overseas.   
The other MFG's do this. That is not unique to Speed.

What IS unique to Speed is their LOW overhead costs and OFF-ROAD EXPERIENCED LEAD DESIGNER!

Cage is already approved by tech inspectors at SCORE/BITD. Where have you been?!

Just needs the bolted-junctions welded and door bars added.
I have sinned for not remembering all of the mantras of The Church of Speed.  Please, brother, forgive me.

The rear V-bars substitute the diagonal requirement?  Seems they'd want the corners of the main hoop better supported.

What IS unique to Speed is their LOW overhead costs and OFF-ROAD EXPERIENCED LEAD DESIGNER!
You still have to calculate Hisun's overhead costs since they're doing the bulk of the manufacturing/logistics.  Still probably lower, but it's not just the dudes at Speed UTV.

You still have to calculate Hisun's overhead costs since they're doing the bulk of the manufacturing/logistics.  Still probably lower, but it's not just the dudes at Speed UTV.
Options.. to compete, overseas is the deal. Otherwise making the whole thing in Comifornia would be $100k sale price. I HATE China. If they didn't exist in my business/market, my net worth would be 10X... no sh__!

abc

Hisun's costs are Speed's costs. Keep moving those goal posts!

Are you an engineer @ Polaris?!

That would explain A LOT.

Never said it was unique to Speed, just pointing out this is one of the cost savings they used to keep the profit margin.   Lower overhead cost for now as they are a small company.  Those cost are going to increase if or when assembly in Texas begins.  Wages in the U.S. are a lot more than in China or Mexico.  

Hisun's costs are Speed's costs. Keep moving those goal posts!

Are you an engineer @ Polaris?!

That would explain A LOT.
Hisun's costs are handed down, yes.  Overhead is still likely lower since Robby's not paying for a lot of advertising, etc, but there's still the supplier corp's costs. Don't forget mandatory CCP tribute! :biggrin:

LOL, nope. Automotive engineering, unless you're at a stable aftermarket company (few/far between these days, sadly), isn't a good time because accountants are ruthless Nazis.  I went elsewhere decades ago.  Good thing too, most design has moved out of state these days.  Have a buddy who commutes to Detroit.  Uh, nope.

Never said it was unique to Speed, just pointing out this is one of the cost savings they used to keep the profit margin.   Lower overhead cost for now as they are a small company.  Those cost are going to increase if or when assembly in Texas begins.  Wages in the U.S. are a lot more than in China or Mexico.  
Don't forget compliance costs...

What the HELL happened to this thread.... Now it's a beancounter thread?????

Just remember, everything is double sheer,  Roby and Todd and running away with the Money...Tracker will buy the tooling and make Wildcat XXX's .... 
Focus!!!!

So has anyone got the email asking to pay for their Speed UTV in Yuan?

Yeah the hammerhead and the jackal I believe have radius rods (links or whatever).

No offense to punch but I haven't really heard any good feedback on the hammerhead. How is it doing?
Wilsons have been doing very good with theirs. I am not sure if they are still racing the old Jimco. Mario (179) has finished every race, usually on the podium. He is a fairly new driver so he is not up pushing Parkhouse or Wilson.

Back