Speed UTV

Of course it's not the "same" but it is built in the USA.

I say we get Polaris and Canam on board for the USA builds and see their price double or triple for the same half ass builds.

I get it, Speed has taken a bunch of crap. Every month it is something different. 

The cars from day 1 have never been advertised or marketed as being built in the USA. We are talking 3 years. No mention of it. The only rumbling was possibly being assembled in Texas at the Hisun plant. This may or may not happen and hasn't been mentioned in over 2 years.

To me it's looking like final assembly is going to be in MX just like Canam.
Honda has their assembly plant in South Carolina and their pricing is very competitive. 
Not 2 or 3 times more than Polaris or CanAm.
So if the Honda Talon can be assembled in the USA, why would the others have to double or triple their price to do the same?

And your point? 

It's still sending American work out of the country for profit. We are NOT talking about parts and such made out of the country. I understand that mess. We are talking about assembly. So you're saying assembly in North Carolina would be $40-50K more than out of the country per vehicle? 
I'm sure that's a guess/estimate, but with labor laws, overhead and such, it's a likely crappy reality.

Personally, I think we should cease doing any business with China altogether and would much rather pay Americans. 

Polaris and Canned Ham make do theirs there also I assume?

Sucks.

abc

I'm sure that's a guess/estimate, but with labor laws, overhead and such, it's a likely crappy reality.

Personally, I think we should cease doing any business with China altogether and would much rather pay Americans. 

Polaris and Canned Ham make do theirs there also I assume?

Sucks.

abc
I'm sure a number of parts are sourced from China.  Final assembly on Canned Ham is Mexico.

giphy.gif

Bakersfield has cheap floorspace. I'm sure they could find something that works. AZ would be cheap too but further from ports.
Problem with CA is the compliance cost, not real estate.  Real estate in areas with qualified workforces is a problem, but not as much as all the various compliance BS

I would much rather have it assembled in Mexico than China.  Hopefully RG has a plan for when the entire process needs to removed from China.  Could be multiple reasons that would happen.  Tariffs, wars, frozen assets etc.  As far as final assembly in California?  He would flat have to be out of his mind.
Why would he have to be out of his mind to do assembly in CA?  He would get some tax incentives from the state and whatever city he sets up shop (I know a shock CA would do so for businesses).  Not to mention logistically it makes a ton of sense.  The ports are right there to get the parts from the boats from China and probably 90% of his customer base is in So. Cal and AZ.  Makes for less transportation cost.  

Bakersfield has cheap floorspace. I'm sure they could find something that works. AZ would be cheap too but further from ports.
For sure we do, and they give out special tax cut incentives for large deals. All getting quick port access over the grapevine.
We have;
"BFL Airport" with AMAZON and a bunch of small distros / manufactures
"Tejon Ranch" with IKEA, CATAPILLAR, CAMPING WORLD, FAMOUS FOOTWARE, DOLLAR GENERAL
"Shafter International" with TARGET, ROSS, WALMART, ATD & AMAZON

These are have HUGE 1million sqr foot and larger building facilities.

For sure we do, and they give out special tax cut incentives for large deals. All getting quick port access over the grapevine.
We have;
"Tejon Ranch" with IKEA, CATAPILLAR, CAMPING WORLD, FAMOUS FOOTWARE, DOLLAR GENERAL

I can see it now...

Speed UTV 

Born in Bakersfield

We have;

I doubt Robby has the lobbyists those companies do. Would likely need to team up with the other companies he spent the last 3 years shitting on… :biggrin:

Back