Speed UTV

Anyone with a deposit could transfer / sell it and get 100% of their $$ back - I have no doubts on that.

I am curious of those guys that put down deposits on multiple units are actually making any $$

Why even bother with SPEED and a lawyer, there is a market out there...even with the delays.
Hell, Pay me $250, I'll get your deposit back that day at any dealer. $$$$

So is final assembly Mexico or Texas or still unknown?
Final assembly is Texas, unless RG said something recently changing it.   Does it really matter where it is assembled?  

Anyone with a deposit could transfer / sell it and get 100% of their $$ back - I have no doubts on that.

I am curious of those guys that put down deposits on multiple units are actually making any $$

Why even bother with SPEED and a lawyer, there is a market out there...even with the delays.
People with deposits on multiple vehicles will make some money on the units they sell once the units actually start hitting customers hands.  There are always people that want it immediately and will overpay.    

You can very easily have a Speed UTV build right in the USA specifically North Carolina.

They are $90-110k...
And your point? 

It's still sending American work out of the country for profit. We are NOT talking about parts and such made out of the country. I understand that mess. We are talking about assembly. So you're saying assembly in North Carolina would be $40-50K more than out of the country per vehicle? 

And your point? 

It's still sending American work out of the country for profit. We are NOT talking about parts and such made out of the country. I understand that mess. We are talking about assembly. So you're saying assembly in North Carolina would be $40-50K more than out of the country per vehicle? 
I think the NC built speed has billet bulkhead and maybe the billet trans and rear, as well as TIG welded.  Not 100% sure, and the price may have gone up.  I do not think it is just the same car but assembled in the US.

Of course it's not the "same" but it is built in the USA.

I say we get Polaris and Canam on board for the USA builds and see their price double or triple for the same half ass builds.

I get it, Speed has taken a bunch of crap. Every month it is something different. 

The cars from day 1 have never been advertised or marketed as being built in the USA. We are talking 3 years. No mention of it. The only rumbling was possibly being assembled in Texas at the Hisun plant. This may or may not happen and hasn't been mentioned in over 2 years.

To me it's looking like final assembly is going to be in MX just like Canam.
ASSEMBLED, not Manufactured in the USA. Seriously? So let me get this straight one more time, $40-$50K difference in assembly cost?

BTW lets forget North Carolina, I believe the question was Mexico or Texas for assembly? No? 

Stay on track, you're out of your Element, Donny. :)

Of course it's not the "same" but it is built in the USA.

I say we get Polaris and Canam on board for the USA builds and see their price double or triple for the same half ass builds.

I get it, Speed has taken a bunch of crap. Every month it is something different. 

The cars from day 1 have never been advertised or marketed as being built in the USA. We are talking 3 years. No mention of it. The only rumbling was possibly being assembled in Texas at the Hisun plant. This may or may not happen and hasn't been mentioned in over 2 years.

To me it's looking like final assembly is going to be in MX just like Canam.
This thread is barely a year old, and there were large discussions on logistics at the Hisun TX plant.  You're saying those were 100% speculation?

So it is made in china and assembled in mexico?  Wow, what happened to TX?  

Negative, see above. 

The original gameplan was for final assembly at TX.

I think it changed when the car was used for marketing opening up the MX plant.

I think Speed is going to try and save money and have final assembly there. 

All speculation on my end. I can text Todd if you like?
That wasn't 2 years ago though.  Like I've said: I don't watch the videos, but seems the "final assembled in the Hisun TX plant" was a very popular thought.  The $40k price makes more sense if it's 100% made overseas...

Back