Speed UTV

Damn you guys are talking sand car dimensions… I think mine was 13 feet long… Maybe it was 15 feet I’m not really sure.
Ya, it's basically a class 10 buggy. Just the 4x4 & CTV trans are the major difference.

My Wildcat XX is 12ft tip/tail and my old mid-engine beam car as 12'6" 

Damn you guys are talking sand car dimensions… I think mine was 13 feet long… Maybe it was 15 feet I’m not really sure.
Your old car was def more like 15'.  I still dune w/ the new owner, and I had a Pro Bro myself that was wider, but not longer than your Lil Bro. 😉

-TJ

Your old car was def more like 15'.  I still dune w/ the new owner, and I had a Pro Bro myself that was wider, but not longer than your Lil Bro. 😉

-TJ

Crazy,.. you know I've never even met the dude in person. He bought my car posted on GD.com, sight unseen and even paid to have my buddy drive it up to Washington state.

He seems to come to Glamis Christmas/New Years and I'm usually in Kauai. I can't believe how cheap I sold the whole package.... can't believe it's been 9 years... time flies.

I'm glad he's enjoying it. I really REALLY took care of that car.

abc

IMG_0813.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy,.. you know I've never even met the dude in person. He bought my car posted on GD.com, sight unseen and even paid to have my buddy drive it up to Washington state.

He seems to come to Glamis Christmas/New Years and I'm usually in Kauai. I can't believe how cheap I sold the whole package.... can't believe it's been 9 years... time flies.

I'm glad he's enjoying it. I really REALLY took care of that car.

abc

View attachment 11980
Yup, I'm one of the fools he camps with on that trip.  He just refreshed the motor before last season, it was still running just getting a little tired.  Because you love to include random pics, here's a couple pics from our group last season that your old car was a part of:

PXL_20210110_170415720.jpg

PXL_20210108_225227533.jpg

Season pass on a 600LT.  

-TJ

Hope there's a ton of wax on that beauty. Replaced the etched front headlights on my 08 D-Max a couple of times, due to the high wind dust storms out there.

Yes, I love seeing/posting random stuff. .. My screws were loose 10 years ago.. now I think they've all just fallen out. :rofl:

Thanks for sharing. OK back to Buff bagging on the Speed. 😖

abc

I see Speed is pre selling replacement parts. Any future owners putting down deposits on some extra axles or front diff's? 

Well we got a VIN and build sheet for the new Bronco (year late). Now the race is on to see who get the new toy first. Hers or mine???

Well we got a VIN and build sheet for the new Bronco (year late). Now the race is on to see who get the new toy first. Hers or mine???

With a VIN I would say you will see your Bronco first.    Especially after watching last nights presentation.  A stock pile of parts is what Todd stated.  Which I read to be we got some parts, but not enough to build the 10 pre-production cars. 

Good news is Speed is building a race Speed car (one off number 2) to show off at the Sand Show.  

Last edited by a moderator:
With a VIN I would say you will see your Bronco first.    Especially after watching last nights presentation.  A stock pile of parts is what Todd stated.  Which I read to be we got some parts, but not enough to build the 10 pre-production cars. 

Good news is Speed is building a race Speed car (one off number 2) to show off at the Sand Show.  
So he's building a concept car now? 

Hope there's a ton of wax on that beauty. Replaced the etched front headlights on my 08 D-Max a couple of times, due to the high wind dust storms out there.

Yes, I love seeing/posting random stuff. .. My screws were loose 10 years ago.. now I think they've all just fallen out. :rofl:

Thanks for sharing. OK back to Buff bagging on the Speed. 😖

abc
We had room in a few of our trailers for it if the wind kicked up, but it didn't.  It's a buddy's, or more accurately belongs to his business.  They had just gotten a new tune with a 2-step which was said to shoot fire, so we had to test it too:

What part of "race car" don't you understand?  He's talked about that for months, they're building 3 race cars (one for him, one for his son, and one for Todd).  How many "concept cars" go out and run actual races? 

-TJ

So Buff do you work for a Speed competitor or just the run of the mill troll.. mid-40's .. unemployed in your Mommy's house?

... doesn't matter.. I wouldn't believe your answer(s) anyhow... carry on.

6h8C6ygTdR2jyyUxkALwsc-1200-80.jpg

abc

11 minutes ago, tjZ06 said:

We had room in a few of our trailers for it if the wind kicked up, but it didn't.  It's a buddy's, or more accurately belongs to his business.  They had just gotten a new tune with a 2-step which was said to shoot fire, so we had to test it too:

Concept cars are built for show, which means he is implying they won't be racing.  

I would be a little upset if I were waiting for my Speed UTV and they build 3 race cars and actually race them before any production Speed UTVs roll off the production line.

Concept cars are built for show, which means he is implying they won't be racing.  

I would be a little upset if I were waiting for my Speed UTV and they build 3 race cars and actually race them before any production Speed UTVs roll off the production line.
Why?  That's always been the plan and always what we've been told.  I'd rather have them race them a bit before delivering units.  

-TJ

Why would you be upset about that? I wouldn't. Him building hand build, purpose built race cars doesn't have any impact on the assembly production cars. Built at two different locations by two different crews of people. If anything, the race cars are going to get real test miles on them. 

Why would you be upset about that? I wouldn't. Him building hand build, purpose built race cars doesn't have any impact on the assembly production cars. Built at two different locations by two different crews of people. If anything, the race cars are going to get real test miles on them. 
Did he not say no racing until the cars were built?  I get they are built separate from the production cars and in a different facility and are basically custom. However,  if those race cars have actual production parts that could be going on a customers car that  would piss me off a little.   He is supposed to be testing production parts on production cars. 

By the way I am confident you will get your Bronco first.  I just saw a 4 door Bronco with a soft top rolling down the street at lunch time.  Looked really nice. 

I recall from the absolute very beginning, when the plan was to have them produced last year, he was going to race a 2 seater at world championships before the actual car was released. 

Sounds like really nothing has changed except for the timeline and probably the specific race. 

I believe when he said he was not going to be racing that was originally stated regarding his trophy truck program.

Then that changed to the big 3 races, 250/500/1000 because of sponsorship contracts.

I also believed he stated this when races were getting shut down/delayed because of covid.

Just my understanding.

As for my opinion, I could give 2 Craps if he goes and races a 2 seater. More seat time the better IMO. Its not hindering the production or logistics of the UTV by going to race. Its not like RG is in China hovering over the assembly lines 24/7.
Speed should have a production car built and sitting at Sand Shows for all the deposit holders to touch and look at. This is the least he can do for the delays and the unanswered serious questions, he's keeping from deposit holders! To many irons in the fire IMO!

If more deposit holders started pushing this company everyone would see more results or at least answers. 

Back