Speed UTV

LOL!  The extra 5hp was probably by accident.   Allegedly my 2021 RR puts out more than the advertised 195hp. 

Pricing is the same.  New clutch set up looks interesting.  It sounds like 30% thicker material in the cage, but not sure if they also mean the frame.  The did say beefed up frame, just not where they did it.  The also said they beefed up the trailing arms and lower a-arm.  My guess is a gusset kit will still be needed.   Added double shear rear knuckles.

So do we see your Speed UTV or the 2022 Can Am at the dealers first? LOL!
I'm sure the CanAm will be at the dealer first. But the Rhino also beat the CanAm to market as well. See the normal progression there?

:lol:

Guess what happened to the cat.

Let me take a wild guess.

You have a canned ham. Is it currently running?
Yep, over 7,000 miles and going strong,  I have a Polaris as well, might have a Speed one day, but in the mean time I won't sit here and bad mouth every other company just because I have a deposit down on something that is not even being produced yet. Does that cardboard get itchy after awhile? 

Guess what happened to the cat.

Let me take a wild guess.

You have a canned ham. Is it currently running?
FYI-Can am and Polaris are reputable companies. Currently Speed hasn't proven anything and it will be a couple of years before they prove themselves!

FYI-Can am and Polaris are reputable companies. Currently Speed hasn't proven anything and it will be a couple of years before they prove themselves!
But do they have cool CAD drawings, shows and instragram post of robots welding?  LMAO!!!

The longer the Speed car takes to get to market the higher the expectations will be.  

Last edited by a moderator:
In Speed's defense .. and I know this may have been brought up in this thread or the old one. There is a MASSIVE shortage/allocation in board level components which are used in everything from cars, ECUs, phones, game and cable boxes, TVs, etc. 

I've been selling these components for 26 years (17 with my own business) and haven't seen a market like this since the late 90's before the dot-com crash. I'm seeing 105 week lead times and deliveries not until 2023 in some cases. Most parts are out until Spring, Summer or Fall of 2022.

For me this is a HUGE win fall financially, but it's bad news for companies that build products with board level components in them. I'm sure Speed is experiencing this as well.

abc

Maybe tonight’s presentation will QUIET the haters for now cause you know your watching every move. Check out all the stockpiles of parts for the Speed UTV that will never come out. SMH. Still believe the first batch of cars will be delivered by the end of the year. 

In Speed's defense .. and I know this may have been brought up in this thread or the old one. There is a MASSIVE shortage/allocation in board level components which are used in everything from cars, ECUs, phones, game and cable boxes, TVs, etc. 

I've been selling these components for 26 years (17 with my own business) and haven't seen a market like this since the late 90's before the dot-com crash. I'm seeing 105 week lead times and deliveries not until 2023 in some cases. Most parts are out until Spring, Summer or Fall of 2022.

For me this is a HUGE win fall financially, but it's bad news for companies that build products with board level components in them. I'm sure Speed is experiencing this as well.

abc
100% and it does not only apply to the start ups. I have had a new 2021 rzr turbo s 4 on order since march 12th, was supposed to be 3-5 weeks. Polaris has moved back the delivery date 2-4 weeks at a time, now the dealer I bought it from says they are built but waiting for parts, the estimated delivery date for parts from the vendor is late October / early November. Now the 2022s have been revealed and the s 4 has been discontinued. May have to change the game plan...

You mean they bumped hp a massive 5 hp?? OMFG!!

As for the chassis and suspension, that's good news, except for people who just bought one and are in the process of adding all of the gussets, brackets, braces and replacement suspension parts.

It will be interesting to see what they improved, considering how much room for improvement there is!

Is the price still the same, or did they improve that as well?       😉
Doesn't each year have to have a little more? lol. You know they could bump the power NOW but have to leave a little for each years model. That little carrot for new buyers. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Maybe tonight’s presentation will QUIET the haters for now cause you know your watching every move. Check out all the stockpiles of parts for the Speed UTV that will never come out. SMH. Still believe the first batch of cars will be delivered by the end of the year. 
Did you get your free shirt? When will production start? 

Did you get your free shirt? When will production start? 
Damn!! Well, that didn’t last long at all. He’s baaaaackkk. 😂 Guess you were watching. Kinda like a creeper. But at least you have some interest in this thing so that’s good…. I think?

Sure looks like the buyers at entry level pricing will be getting a hell of a car. Pretty cool and hope they work well. 

Production parts, production parts and production parts!  We got clutches, clutch covers, some other parts and a nifty windshield.    

Sounds like those that make it to the Sand Show can see some accessories, tires, tool kits and the pre-production models on display. 

I'm pretty happy to see piles of parts, a couple of nearly completed chassis and robotic welding machines - looks like progress to me!

Of course there will always be those who say that's a buttload of photoshopping!

:lol:

Back