Speed UTV

Yes, but the cars weren’t expected to ship until end of 2020. So that makes it not even a year late. But a lot has also changed for the better and the whole world turned upside down so a little more delay doesn’t bother me.
I sold my Sandrail at a great price I don’t mind sitting out this season. I gots friends I can still ride with while still enjoying the camping aspect of it. I also believe we’re locked in at the entry level price tag and that’s another win. Can always sell it and make more money off of it later down the road. 
Selling the sand car with Covid pricing is a win!

Something that is not really getting mentioned in this thread concerning the delays in bringing these to market is what implications the last year and half has thrown at the entire automotive and manufacturing industry.

I would be willing to bet that without the effects of Covid over the past year and half, if the scales of production and demand had stayed steady as they were in the previous 5 years, I would bet that we would have already seen production models of these cars running around as of early 2021. 

The fact is, demand skyrocketed and supply chains were heavily impacted by Covid. From factory's closing for weeks/months due to local enforcements, shipping delays due to less planes and ships moving around, and general lack of raw materials to make these components. This entire economy is unprecedented. 

If someone would have forecasted the events of the past year and half in January of 2020, I would have told them they were diving too deep down the rabbit hole of the internet conspiracy theories. But here we are. 
Agree, but Robby didn't disclose delays until recently. 

It seems strange to me that there are so many people bragging or proud to have a stamped out, robot welded, plastic interior, one of a million toy. I don't see any self fabrication toys on here. Possible new thread?
You're kidding, right?

Do YOU have access to a CAD engineer, a CNC tubing bender, laser tubing cutter, robot welder and the facilities to design and mfr plastic and carbon fiber body parts? Do you think you can build something better?

Not that I'm discouraging anyone from building their own. Start a new build thread and show us what you can build. I'd love to see it!   

I will start one when I get a chance. This thread has been hijacked enough.  Not my intention.  But my point will be that I am not some master fabricator, but you don't need all that stuff you listed to build something yourself.

I will start one when I get a chance. This thread has been hijacked enough.  Not my intention.  But my point will be that I am not some master fabricator, but you don't need all that stuff you listed to build something yourself.
Yes, you're right. You don't need all of that stuff to build "something." But if you want to build something of that level of performance, suspension geometry, ride quality, strength and safety, then those tools make it much easier to achieve. Have you looked at the design and the vehicle closely?

Have you ever seen anything homemade that compares to it?

It will be a legit car. Chad Hall is a great designer/fabricator. I would guess it will twice $$$ as a Speed. Also, will be built way quicker than Speed since they will be hand build 1 at a time (I am guessing they will hand built).

One CAD drawing!!! Wow!!!

Start jumping up and down!!        :lol:
Haha!  It will be pretty sweet once they are done building it.  I think it will be done in time for the Herbst team to use it to pre-run the Baja 1000.   I am not sure you guys will have your Speed UTVs by then.  

It will be a legit car. Chad Hall is a great designer/fabricator. I would guess it will twice $$$ as a Speed. Also, will be built way quicker than Speed since they will be hand build 1 at a time (I am guessing they will hand built).
It is going to be big time money.  It is a race car with a Can Am set up.  

Can Am announced there 2022 line up today.  The X3 RR is now 200hp with a new clutch set up and allegedly they beefed up the frame and suspension.  Be interesting to see what changes they made to the frame and suspension.  

We'll see.

Don't forget, RG has already built 2 cars and has all of the tubing cut for 10 more race cars. We'll see how long it takes them to reach those same milestones.

OTOH, using somebody else's complete drivetrain sure eliminates a lot of work.

Can Am announced there 2022 line up today.  The X3 RR is now 200hp with a new clutch set up and allegedly they beefed up the frame and suspension.  Be interesting to see what changes they made to the frame and suspension.  
You mean they bumped hp a massive 5 hp?? OMFG!!

As for the chassis and suspension, that's good news, except for people who just bought one and are in the process of adding all of the gussets, brackets, braces and replacement suspension parts.

It will be interesting to see what they improved, considering how much room for improvement there is!

Is the price still the same, or did they improve that as well?       😉

As for the chassis and suspension, that's good news, except for people who just bought one and are in the process of adding all of the gussets, brackets, braces and replacement suspension parts.

It will be interesting to see what they improved, considering how much room for improvement there is!

I'm curious what you drive, Can am? Polaris? or do you have a cardboard cutout of a Speed UTV and just sit in it and pretend?

I'm curious what you drive, Can am? Polaris? or do you have a cardboard cutout of a Speed UTV and just sit in it and pretend?
Guess what happened to the cat.

Let me take a wild guess.

You have a canned ham. Is it currently running?

Last edited by a moderator:

LOL!  The extra 5hp was probably by accident.   Allegedly my 2021 RR puts out more than the advertised 195hp. 

Pricing is the same.  New clutch set up looks interesting.  It sounds like 30% thicker material in the cage, but not sure if they also mean the frame.  The did say beefed up frame, just not where they did it.  The also said they beefed up the trailing arms and lower a-arm.  My guess is a gusset kit will still be needed.   Added double shear rear knuckles.

So do we see your Speed UTV or the 2022 Can Am at the dealers first? LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back