Speed UTV

Unless things have changed there are two versions the non-bead lock which are coming on the base models and the bead lock which are coming on all the other models I’m assuming that applies to both the spoke and the ones with the round circles Then I believe you can get them in black or aluminum finish 

499F140A-C815-4864-8188-C49EA78A01FB.jpeg

0BC44CF0-87BC-4B44-88A6-6076FA4BC390.jpeg

The whole face of the wheel is the beadlock. Both the RG & 14 spoke are designed that way. Robby designed this for his TT and patented it. He then took his design from the TT and incorporated it into the UTV. 

I was about to say I've never seen it done that way.....so another RG innovation. 

Cool.

@NIKAL he was telling my buddy and I that at the sand show last year.  I looked at him and just said that effing genius.  I’m really starting to regret not putting down a deposit on one. 

Not following along I see. 

Last I checked the entire face is the beadlock ring.
Correct.  I don't watch the videos, just read what's posted here as it's quicker.  Either way, I think it would be understandable to see that picture of the wheel and not think it's a beadlock. My apologies for questioning the dogma of the Church of Speed UTV. :biggrin:

Cool design.  With the rim and spokes being separate, it's absolutely critical that the bead of the tire is the correct thickness, otherwise you'll either not lock the bead (too thin) or you won't get the rim and spokes to interface properly and all that's keeping the two together is the rubber tire and the lip circled below (which will get hammered if metal faces aren't smooshed together).  Good way to confirm it's done correctly is to make sure that this area:

image.png

Is consistent.  Would be nice if the surfaces are exactly flush when torqued down correctly so you can run your hand around the inside of the wheel to confirm quickly.  If they aren't, easy thing would be to zap it with some paint or a sharpie prior to disassembly to give you a visual aid. If you see unpainted/unmarked area, you're not there yet. :biggrin:

@NIKAL he was telling my buddy and I that at the sand show last year.  I looked at him and just said that effing genius.  I’m really starting to regret not putting down a deposit on one. 
I got two regrets I didn’t put on a deposit  even earlier than I did and the fact that China looks like they’re able to Compete with the rest of us without any issues

You and all the non-believers out there.  I wonder how many folks are eating crow now. 

Back