Speed UTV

95% of the users will be putting these in high gear and running them just like any other brand. 

KOH would be the only advantage to shifting from low to high, and the only reason to shift from high to OD would be on road sections or long lake bed/groomed dirt road driving. 
Drop in RPM when you don't need the instant performance would probably be nice for long runs

The OD is fairly high geared in these, so they will not really perform well if using on sand highway in that gear. I would rather leave it in high gear (middle) so I could use the throttle response if things start getting sketchy. Not too many people will be doing 80 MPH down sand highway in these where they will need another gear.

If I had my way, I would have a "KOH" trans, and a Sand/Desert trans. The KOH trans would keep the low 1st gear for crawling, the sand/desert trans would have a much taller 1st gear that could be used in the dunes/desert as a true 2 speed trans. Maybe I'll talk Robby into this later, we did discuss awhile back. 

It’s been noted that only Speed would be able to turn that off, and that they would most likely offer it for racing applications. They might consider it for the general public but they would have to look into a liability waver that would have to be signed. Not sure how it would be turned off? Via a dealership or directly from Speed?
Yep, no way some 12 yr old is gonna be able to hack that out in  Mom's basement...or.......maybe........

can you shift into 4wd on the fly or do you have to come to a complete stop like others

Sean regarding the front dif ring gear being a straight 90 vs helical cut. Do you know the reason the straight gear was chosen for that application vs a helical gear? Especially since you said they used helical gears in the gearbox, it made wonder why the straight in the front dif? 
Cost. Way more expensive to make a spiral bevel gear. The straight cut gear is actually really strong when the right material is used, but makes noise.

Thanks. I knew it was strong, but wondered if there was other reasons.  I still think that gear noise for people who don’t understand the difference between straight cut & helical might be a complaint. Kinda like the dogs probably will be for some. 

Hmmm? Maybe a replacement part for Weddle to make?? Just saying! 

Do you see much “Race Prep” things that Weddle might do to a Speed box vs like what you do to the Polaris, Can Am or a XX trans & dif? 
We can barely make our own parts right now, it will be awhile before we are making parts for anything else (but stay tuned, I just got the green light to move forward with some more UTV parts production).

Our race prep service would certainly be beneficial, but not as necessary as required for the other brands.

We can barely make our own parts right now, it will be awhile before we are making parts for anything else (but stay tuned, I just got the green light to move forward with some more UTV parts production).

Our race prep service would certainly be beneficial, but not as necessary as required for the other brands.
I just got The last weedle component to rebuild my 091 from at Eric Transwerx it took me 6 months to get all the parts and just have them in case I need them. Hoping I get my I get my speed Diablo before I need a rebuild.

If it’s a beadlock, it doesn’t have any tire centering unless it’s on the lock ring:

image.jpeg

Back