Speed UTV

Last edited by a moderator:
Sucker is looking GOOD! Says he has cars coming to the Sand Show and @Sand Shark guess what? He says you don’t need no stinking limit straps. 🤣Thought you might like that one.  Oh yeah almost forgot, he wanted to let you know the Gordon’s are the ones who taught Tom Morris about Internal bypass shocks. 😜
LOL!  Next time I talk to Tom I will ask him about the things he learned from RG. 

Limit straps - the unnecessary purchase for non-racing UTVs.  

The chassis is looking really good and really stout.  Love the rear design of the shock towers.   

RG did say there are production units already on its way for the Sand Show!  I still dont think anyone is taking one home from the show but its very very close for customers to getting theirs.   It would be sick if Speed shows up for demo rides during Camp RZR!!!
That would be cool, but doubtful that would happen.  Is there even a Camp RZR this year?

Boom! I guessed that right so far. Robbys first full speed run was 108mph on 91 octane with only the speed limiter turned off. 

I was surprised to hear Robby say the gearing should do 125mph on E83 and the limiter unlocked, they plan to do that later as they are going to be doing runs all day & night. 

Also the current temp is 107 degrees at the track, so it’s freaking hot there today. Not good for speed, but good for reliability testing. 
https://www.instagram.com/tv/ChG86WYFsDb/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

You nailed the top speed.  Shocked they geared it for 125mph.  That is a crazy speed In any off-road vehicle.

The motor got hot on that run and it looked like the  check engine light came on.   The 107 degree outside temps and humidity certainly don’t help engine temps.  

Impressive updates on that most recent video, actual production chassis and confirmed some finished cars will be at the SSSS.

The timelines are off what was promised, but the wait is clearly worth it from everything that is now starting to be shown and confirmed.

The delays were the best thing to happen so changes that normally occur after the first couple years in production could happen now vs later.

haha..it's all looking pretty damn impressive.  :cheers:  

yeah, that warehouse video had the secret sauce behind it. He's been hinting "something special" for a while in the videos, then drops the hit of the warehouse is empty but doesn't elude till later that it's because they built and shipped cars

goes on about the QC process while hiding/hinting/laughing at the real info

I hope that's the first 50 cars or so, which would be cool for people to have a 1:50 hand built/QC cars. It would create a nostalgia for them. They may be sponsored/marketing cars for all the employees/players/companies involved.

Those welds are clean! I like the detail about fixing the drop of weld  on the grounding bolt and finishing the weld around the A post. Those door henges look way beefy . Hitting 108 on 91 octane is nuts and it being heard for 125 is insanity can’t wait to see what it will do with speed key on and e85. 

RG did say there are production units already on its way for the Sand Show!  I still dont think anyone is taking one home from the show but its very very close for customers to getting theirs.   It would be sick if Speed shows up for demo rides during Camp RZR!!!
I noticed that also, kinda weird he didn't do a video of at least one of the fully completed cars on their way to the SSSS?

Another curious thing maybe someone can enlighten all the peasants here, he stated, "we all know what R Z R stands for"  well raise my rent, I have no idea what R Z R stands for?  

https://www.instagram.com/tv/ChG86WYFsDb/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

You nailed the top speed.  Shocked they geared it for 125mph.  That is a crazy speed In any off-road vehicle.

The motor got hot on that run and it looked like the  check engine light came on.   The 107 degree outside temps and humidity certainly don’t help engine temps.  
Since radiators don't evaporate coolant to cool the motor, humidity helps. :biggrin:

But yeah, 238* is a bit warm.  I would assume airflow turbulence issues at high speeds combined with the heat loading from the long pull.

Back