Speed UTV

I don’t see a ton of aftermarket for this, because I don’t see it needing a ton of aftermarket parts for it. And places like suspension will be off limits due to patents. Todd told me some time ago that he knew the aftermarket was an important part of the industry, as he was that aftermarket industry with Dragonfire. But he said there are also places on this car that we need to protect. 

Now with that said, there is still a ton of accessories you can buy just like you can for the other brands. I’m sure someone like 775 fab will build bumpers for it. You can buy LED lights, mirrors, seats if you don’t like the Speed seats, same with seatbelts. Stereo, radios, pumpers, all the billet stuff Axia and Assault offer like mounts, helmet hangers, etc. Then you have Storage boxes, whips, skid plates, different wheels & tires. Im sure you could buy a set of King shocks, but why? I’d guess guys like Pro Line wraps will eventually offer a wrap. Eventually when the base is available someone will offer a roof or cheaper windshield besides Speed. I’m sure Chupacabra will come out with some accessories as Nick has ordered a Speed car, and he will probably want to make some custom accessories.  

I see lots of of places people can customize. But also these aftermarket companies have to want to make specific Speed parts, and right now with 16000 units ordered, that might not be enough for them to want to invest in building Speed only accessories. Kevin with T4BB told me he would not build cages for the XX or YXZ, Talon, KRX etc as there is was way more RZR’s & Can Am’s, and to invest the time to make a cage for a Talon or KXR when you might sell one a month vs 20 RZR’s does not make sense. 

Maybe you won’t want to… But others will. Big turbos, even wider  suspension or aftermarket arms for more rock clearance, etc. This thing was built for the desert, which is all most of us understand, but that doesn’t mean others won’t buy it and adapt to their market. 

The patents won’t really protect them against copycats changing the design juuuuust enough to be close enough performance wise, but not in violation, but will stop the aftermarket from pursuing. 

Gonna suck for dudes that bolt on parts and a wrap to a sxs and call it a build…The aftermarket makes a killing with other brands, I can see why some talk chit. Dropping money on cages, doors, seats, wheels, roof,  etc. just to be safe and  not look like 💩 
Meh. It’s a mass produced vehicle. Even if the Speed is special for those, it’s not really unique, especially if attorneys kill the aftermarket for them. Build a buggy if you want a real build, it’s what I did.  :biggrin:

Maybe you won’t want to… But others will. Big turbos, even wider  suspension or aftermarket arms for more rock clearance, etc. This thing was built for the desert, which is all most of us understand, but that doesn’t mean others won’t buy it and adapt to their market. 

The patents won’t really protect them against copycats changing the design juuuuust enough to be close enough performance wise, but not in violation, but will stop the aftermarket from pursuing. 

Meh. It’s a mass produced vehicle. Even if the Speed is special for those, it’s not really unique, especially if attorneys kill the aftermarket for them. Build a buggy if you want a real build, it’s what I did.  :biggrin:
Just wait for the lift kits, portals and tractor ag tires.

And then there's the donk wheel guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is something I reached out to Speed about while ago. I spoke with Mike, and Danial was there in the room. I liked the air ducted over the manifold but not incased. I suggested leaving the bottom open so debris would fail away and to put some sort of screen in the clutch housing to keep chunks or cord from getting in the manifold. I have no idea if my suggestions went anywhere? 
this was one of the polaris fire issues the oil return pipe would come loose and spray oil inside the heat shields. being it was on the inside of the heat shield it was next to impossible to get a fire extinguished.   my polaris turbo sparked up we had radios so we stopped instantly and put it out the fire sparked up three more time while we sat there just couldnt get the dry chem on the inside.  i work with tub grinders and other heavy equipment in a mulch yard i deal with fire all the time with all the saw dust sparking up the machines. so i definitely don't panic this could of went real bad but it didnt no burt plastic or wires all out at china wall made a gasket out of a business card and stole a bolt out of the motor made it back to camp. then did the recall

I am going to patent a "drop in basket" into the heat shield. My frozen burrito will be done by the time I get to Olds. #speedairfryer
already been done, the muffpot
muff-pot6.jpg

what i noticed about both poolaris and cannham is the bold new colors are mostly black either matte or gloss one color graphics, back to basics folks

already been done, the muffpot
Well you beat me to posting what I was going to post and to be honest those things work pretty good I got a friend with one on his Yamaha and we had some really warm hotdogs and other toppings in Utah last year

Last edited by a moderator:
Back