Speed UTV

That’s cool! Read my post a few back, I mentioned that this cover would be ducted to have CVT air blow threw it to force air over and around the manifold. 

I guess this proves I’m not always full of S#it! 
I posted this to have your back.  It seemed like nobody really had picked up on what you posted. 

It's interesting that they are blowing cooling air across the turbo when it used to be common practice to install a "turbo blanket" to keep the heat in the stream.

It’s not the turbo it’s the manifold. It gets glowing hot, so they need to have a heat shield, just like other brands add heat shields But this one also has air blowing through the shield pushing the hot air out, thus cooling the manifold and the ambient temperature under the bed area. 
The manifold and the turbine housing are integrated, right, so it is the turbo. They did start out with that component in Inconel.  Not questioning the heat shield at all.

It’s not the turbo it’s the manifold. It gets glowing hot, so they need to have a heat shield, just like other brands add heat shields But this one also has air blowing through the shield pushing the hot air out, thus cooling the manifold and the ambient temperature under the bed area. 
Cooling the manifold is cooling the exhaust gasses. 

Whether sufficient heat is needed is another thing. Most manufacturers try to keep the heat in because it tends to bake everything around it. On an open engine bay, this may not matter as much, but they would need to pay attention to what the EZ Bake convection oven is blowing on. 

Overall, probably helps with coolant temps. I wouldn’t call it “F1 style technology” since the only fan of any type on an F1 car is the turbo’s compressor wheel… 

With all the patents, and Robby’s previous history with the aftermarket, will there be much aftermarket for this, or will you have to buy everything through Speed?

Gonna suck for dudes that bolt on parts and a wrap to a sxs and call it a build…The aftermarket makes a killing with other brands, I can see why some talk chit. Dropping money on cages, doors, seats, wheels, roof,  etc. just to be safe and  not look like 💩 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back