Speed UTV

I’m sure he’ll have cars at the show. I’m sure he’ll bring that Bandit car they showed us from the Charlotte facility a couple months back. And then there are the cars that we saw back in April of the cars in China being wrapped. Maybe some of those are on their way here now for the show? Didn’t he surprise us last year when he showed up with the preproduction units then? 

Last edited by a moderator:
No chit, perfect example. They had all the right stuff to dominate the market, it was slow production and investors wanting to see some $$ that killed them.

https://dirtwheelsmag.com/history-cannondale-quads/
These were pretty awesome in their day but I do recall seeing what seemed like to many with electrical/computer/efi issues if I recall. seems like I towed a few of these out of the sand over the few years they were around.

I’m sure he’ll have cars at the show. I’m sure he’ll bring that Bandit car they showed us from the Charlotte facility a couple months back. And then there are the cars that we saw back in April of the cars in China being wrapped. Maybe some of those are on their way here now for the show? Didn’t he surprise us last year when he showed up with the preproduction units then? 
They worked like hell to get some cars ready for the show.  He mentioned he was bringing cars to the show last year. 

I’m sure he’ll have cars at the show. I’m sure he’ll bring that Bandit car they showed us from the Charlotte facility a couple months back. And then there are the cars that we saw back in April of the cars in China being wrapped. Maybe some of those are on their way here now for the show? Didn’t he surprise us last year when he showed up with the preproduction hand-assembled prototypes units then? 
FIFY.  Some said I was "hating" when I said they were at least a year out. :biggrin:

Yes that Bandit was built but where is it now?  If it was put together with PRODUCTION parts they mentioned during show then why is it not out there racing?  Max is not in China!  Just sayin

@JBL From what I remember the bandit was a full production car with production parts. They took it all apart and inspected every little detail of it to make sure it was up to spec. Why they’re not racing it in a sanctioned race, im not certain. Possibly because they need at least 500 of those cars in production? I don’t follow SXS racing so not sure of the rules. Others will chime in on that im sure. I’m also not aware of any racing going on right now. The Vegas to Reno is coming up later this month I think. Maybe we’ll see something then? 

So with all of the shows made showing piles of production parts, pictures of production vehicles built a while ago, and this big bad ass factory in Mexico, why does Robby say he will fall a couple weeks short of having vehicles to bring to SSSS?  

One other thing.. Robby is in China. As a father I wouldn’t want my young son desert racing if I’m not going to be there with him. I know he’s doing the SST thing but to me that’s more like family and friends racing. They ain’t gonna try and kill the bosses son. 😁

@JBL From what I remember the bandit was a full production car with production parts. They took it all apart and inspected every little detail of it to make sure it was up to spec. Why they’re not racing it in a sanctioned race, im not certain. Possibly because they need at least 500 of those cars in production? I don’t follow SXS racing so not sure of the rules. Others will chime in on that im sure. I’m also not aware of any racing going on right now. The Vegas to Reno is coming up later this month I think. Maybe we’ll see something then? 
They would have to race it in the unlimited class as it is not a production car per SCORE and BITD.   I doubt you will see them run any desert races until Speed UTVs actually make it to customers hands. 

I thought the car Max was racing was a Wildcat XX with Speed production parts on it.  That car they seem to have steering shaft u-joint issues. 

I would expect them to be racing some point next year and it taking them two full races seasons to iron out issues to be competitive on a regular basis.  I know someone that plans on racing his Speed UTV when he gets it.  So I will get to see first hand what issues pop up in race conditions. 

Yes that Bandit was built but where is it now?  If it was put together with PRODUCTION parts they mentioned during show then why is it not out there racing?  Max is not in China!  Just sayin
My guess is you won't see it racing until maybe the Parker UTV race.  If they have it ready to race at all.   RG might miss the Baja 1000 this year in order to get these Speed UTVs to customers. 

Back