Speed UTV

Sort of. TAPP was not in the UTV clutch business. They build high performance drag snow sled clutches. Speed approached them and together they designed the UTV clutch you see now. TAPP has even started building aftermarket UTV clutches as you know, but without the Speed proprietary parts. So while they were their own company first, they would not be in the UTV game without Speed approaching them. And I was told their agreement with Speed is they can build aftermarket UTV clutches, but can’t build for any other OEM’s. Also TAPP is not manufacturing the clutches, as they do not have the ability to mass produce them. But they are still today the ones that have to approve the production clutches made. They were or are with Robby in Asia now. 

Again your right  Robby went to Albins & Weddle to help design the Speed drivetrain. But like TAPP Albins was not and is not in the UTV industry. Beyond design & engineering I don’t think Albins has much more to do with it. I don’t think they are making  any of the parts like a 3rd party supplier would. 

Your right if he could have got engines that met his requirements and in quantities he wanted, and in Robby fashion worked with his requests, then yes we would have never seen Arrington involved in the engine program. 
I believe Tapp was starting to dabble in the UTV clutch market before Speed approached them.  

I guess it really depends what you are doing with it, My max was 16K for a SXS, and did not want something like a Rhino that was a conversion, did not need a Turbo, So the KRX-1000 is pretty much the way to go for Utah area,, 

Will it ever see sand, Never, when you have something like 1000HP that does 140mph plus, then even when the car is broke the SXS, is not worth driving, not even over to North Pole or Even Comp,  The BBQ and the cooler are your only friend, 

If you dont have a sand car, then this is when you go down the rabbit hole chasing HP to make it work in the sand, no difference than a sand car, always chasing HP, 
Meh.  I can have fun hot-lapping a rental Pontiac on track. As long as it has an engine (or motor) and wheels, I'll hoon it... :biggrin:

G6 Powah2.jpg

Turns out trail braking in a G6 will lift the inside rear, LOL.

G6 Powah.jpg

I guess it really depends what you are doing with it, My max was 16K for a SXS, and did not want something like a Rhino that was a conversion, did not need a Turbo, So the KRX-1000 is pretty much the way to go for Utah area,, 

Will it ever see sand, Never, when you have something like 1000HP that does 140mph plus, then even when the car is broke the SXS, is not worth driving, not even over to North Pole or Even Comp,  The BBQ and the cooler are your only friend, 

If you dont have a sand car, then this is when you go down the rabbit hole chasing HP to make it work in the sand, no difference than a sand car, always chasing HP, 
There is fun in trying to navigate the dunes in an underpowered SXS.   

If I could afford both and had time to wrench on them… then heck yeah this would be the way I’d go. Next best thing for me is just get a decent powered Swiss Army knife (SXS) that does it all! RG check marks most if not all my boxes for me. 

Oh sure, its easy to brag about your ex-ugly Girl friend and how she loved to get muddy....while your trophy wife looks good in your social media posts at the swing set, sunset ledge...etc

:lol:  It's like saying how fun it was to be poor..

No, there is fun in navigating the dunes in a SxS.  There is little to no fun doing it in an underpowered one.  If you want to try, I will bring out the old Wildcat X and let you have a rip.  If it catches fire, do not under any circumstances try to put it out.

No, there is fun in navigating the dunes in a SxS.  There is little to no fun doing it in an underpowered one.  If you want to try, I will bring out the old Wildcat X and let you have a rip.  If it catches fire, do not under any circumstances try to put it out.
I drove a Wildcat in the dunes once because LOTD said they were the best.   Good news is I easily found camp following the oil drips.  LMAO!!!!

I drove a Wildcat in the dunes once because LOTD said they were the best.   Good news is I easily found camp following the oil drips.  LMAO!!!!
Oil smokescreen dissipated huh?

Last I heard he was he was in his cardboard cutout of his Speed car and it collapsed on him, still recovering. LOL
2D cutout?  If so, that's single shear...

We tried to tell him to use a clevis, but he would not listen.  LMAO!!!
That'll just fail, duh.

only 15 pages to go!!!   The road to 200 is real!!!

So do we get to 200 before dune season or before a Speed UTV gets delivered to a customer?
d5c4db5883d714f26bb2bc67e7136d9fcec5feea.gifv

Remove the posts that have zero value or contribute nothing to the topic of Speed UTV, and you would have 150 pages to go. 
But who gets to decide which posts are valuable?  You think DOM vs Chromo was bad... :lol:

The sky is blue. That's about equal to the info in this cluster.  :classic_laugh:
Pfft...says you, what are you the weather man?

200.gif

Back