Speed UTV

Kinda funny coming from a guy who resells parts made in China too! 
I have never made it a secret of selling PRW, Lunati, TopStreet Performance, But Robby DeLorean acted like His Chit was going to be the best and was going to be made in USA,  

Well I guess he did not Fib, its most likely made in USA China, 

O and the parts i sell actually get shipped within a year,  I dont take deposits on parts that will never exist. 

Kinda funny coming from a guy who resells parts made in China too! 
Can everyone please stop posting the harshness against  the HiSun UTV, NIKAL is getting very offended. Thank you would appreciate it.

Can everyone please stop posting the harshness against  the HiSun UTV, NIKAL is getting very offended. Thank you would appreciate it.
HiSuin has some factory sponsored racers on their website - A higher- end offering from them  (knockoff) seems legit

Don’t think we are getting upset. I think it’s funny all the rumors swirling around and now it has even your attention. Thought you hated SXS so why are you here?  First you sh1t on someone’s for sale ad now you bring your sh1t talk in here? Go suck on a tube of Mantek grease. 

edit: to make more fun of the situation 

Last edited by a moderator:
So you talk S#!t about Robby building parts in China and then you admit to selling the Chinese LS1 parts? Is that like the Harbor Freight for the LS1?  

Robby never ever said the Speed UTV would be MADE in the USA. What He and Todd have said was final assembly would be in TX, which is in the USA. Big difference in made/manufactured vs. Assembled. At the Sand Show Robby showed me pictures of the inside of one of the Factory buildings in China and said this partner was 100% in and was going to build dedicated manufacturing lines just for Speed. That was on Day 1 at the show. 

From the very beginning they have made it very clear they would be using manufacture partners from around the world, including China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea, Australia & the USA. Not sure where his carbon fiber seats are coming from, but previously he was having them made in the UK. That might have moved due to volume? I don’t know. 

100% of the engineering has come from the USA, Canada & Australia with the majority coming out of Charlotte NC. 

And right now on paper and from what they have shown, I’d say his UTV will be the best available. Proof will be in the hands of the consumer, but be honest with yourself. Do you see anything currently on the market that is designed and built as well with proper suspension design? I don’t!  

Yes you sell someone else’s parts within a year. That’s great, I guess? Try designing & building 28000 different parts. Then building something with all those parts. 
Just curious on why every time there is a "dig" on Robbie or the Speed machine, that you defend him vigoriously? Do you have alot of "skin in the game" with Robby? 

Imagine how much conjecture there would be without Nikal in this thread. As someone who may buy one or two of these cars I certainly appreciate it. Fun to watch this whole saga.  All the ribbing aside it looks like Robbie is getting closer to finally delivering cars. Hope it succeeds and can only imagine what other products he could bring to market. 

Not every time. But I guess I just don’t know why people feel the need to lie, make stuff up (fake news) to make someone look bad. Since when was it ok to tear someone down who is trying to do something? 

I see why someone might not like Shock Therapy due to his past business dealings in the sport. But what has Robby done to deserve so much hate? 

If you decided to start a new business or build a new product, how would you feel if people constantly put you down, accused you of doing something your not, or just trashing your accomplishments? And Speed UTV is about a sport we all love, by a guy who has committed his whole life to the sport. 

How would you speak or treat Scott Wine the former CEO of Polaris if you heard he was going to start a new UTV company. And trust me he would only be doing it for the money. That guy is not in the sport. He was hired to run a Polaris, and left for more money to run another corp. 
Fair enough.. I was just curious. Best thing Robby can do now is produce the cars AND aftermarket support and shut everyone up.

Speaking of races and adding to the quest of 200!  Anyone know who has first units to arrive and will be entering a race with it?  Sandshark races are usually your cup of tea.  Be a major statement when the first Speed enters a race and does well.  Hell if Max can enter a race with his XX and non turbo, Speed car SHOULD dominate.  

From the very beginning they have made it very clear they would be using manufacture partners from around the world, including China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea, Australia & the USA. Not sure where his carbon fiber seats are coming from, but previously he was having them made in the UK. That might have moved due to volume? I don’t know. 
Not that I endorse most stuff being made in China, but @NIKAL It's pure economics - you don't need to Defend RG on this one  -

There is No way without alot more and very hard to secure (costly) investment $$ behind him he would be able to produce large volume without the buy-in of a large China-government backed (all big corp in China are Gov backed)

The economic are that China wants in every manufacturing sector that the West spends money on...

His partner and their subs (his subs but they own the $ relationship 100% - its how they work - or the $$ terms would kill RG)   will make it possible for him to come to market ( once he figures it all out) with a better product for far less investment and time, and have some measure of QC along the way (final assy)

While I am ashamed of it, and it did not end particularly well for me, I did a similar deal with a large Chinese manufacturer  - they bankrolled my product line.  In the end they copied it, I sued them, they counter sued and lawyers made $$. I hope and think it will work out better for Robbie. His "personal brand" is strong enough to overcome that I think - if he ships soon ...

Fair enough.. I was just curious. Best thing Robby can do now is produce the cars AND aftermarket support and shut everyone up.
On a serious note, the big issue is there is no milestones set, it gets to the point where the Technolgies of this sport surpass the production, it's just taking to long and competitors are just to strong for him to make changes after changes, 

Back