Speed UTV

296467378_5566243213432888_3207284956736422435_n.jpg

So whats the gossip regarding this?  How does Hisun get away with slapping their badge on a Speed UTV?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like Hisun has invested in a manufacturing plant in Mexico. If this is the case and if they move the Speed manufacturing to Mexico, then that’s huge. The savings in tariff fees alone can be a very significant savings. 

Saltillo Mexico is only a few hours from the Texas boarder. 

The Speed tag line has been Born in Baja. Maybe it will be manufactured in Mexico after all? 

View attachment 38573
I think this is good news. Well, hopefully. Has to be, right? Yeah it’s got to be. 😅

Last edited by a moderator:
I, as many on this thread, don’t follow deep into the ins and outs of how or who is a part of building this car. Per Nikals response, whom I gather knows the most about this car, Robby said the wiring harness is the best he’s seen. Even better than the ones built for his TT. He stated that Robby has used James Lin and Pro wire in the past so this was saying a lot. That lead me to believe that whomever built the harness did better work than them. If James Lin in fact designed the harness himself, than how can Robby say it was the best he’s ever seen? Pretty contradictory if you ask me. Maybe a better thing to say was this harness is the best design he’s seen from James so far? 
It is odd, but I think he was just getting at James has stepped up his wiring from when ever he did his truck.  That truck probably has not been wired in many years.  

Wow! What a blindside. 
Robby should have been way ahead of this with his own PR. 
It is his car, right? 

My confidence level just dropped. 

A lot of questions, assumptions, guessing, speculation, etc. swirling in the air now. 

So on a earlier IG post today Robby made a comment about only 100 cars being completely made in China. 

I assumed that was to speed up the process and get cars out to the Sand Show. But now this new facility in Mexico has come up. I wonder if Robbys comments were because he knew about the Mexico factory, and knows the cars will be Partially Assembled in Mexico and then trucked or railed to TX for final assembly? 

Id think Robby & Todd will have to comment on this in the coming days. I’ve noticed Hisun has yet to formally announce this Mexico Factory. So maybe Robby can’t say anything until Hisun does. Looks like the Governor jumped the gun posting on IG. 
No I was just playing. I think this is great news as you pointed out some of the advantages. I’m sure RG will do some splainning sometime tomorrow. Not a big deal to me at all. 

what’s interesting though is regarding those  100 cars you mentioned. He said that they would build 100 of EACH model at the factory in China?? So 300 in total?? Jefe, Diablo, and Bandit?  Or as you say maybe the plan was to have them made in Mexico and hen transported here in time for the Sancho. I’m sure we’ll find out tomorrow. 534F4B36-0099-4EC5-B2C6-23DEBC075A57.jpeg

The white and gray car with the  Hisun logo,  Where did it come from????   Are they already in production??? 

I haven't spent any time digging deep into this, but, it sure looks like a hoax.  The photos appear to be photo shopped.  Any chance the instagram account is fake that posted this. We're far from an April fools day joke but is sure looks and smells like one.

Back