Speed UTV

This was the car I was gonna build when they first came out. The wife wanted these colors due to the fact I had picked the colors of all of the other toys! She then pulled the plug on me. This is one of those times I wish I had not asked permission but asked for forgiveness! Oh well, maybe some day!

Robby was on IG live earlier. He showed more machining going on. He mentioned it took two people to run six automated machines. During his walk around there were a few engine blocks on a pallet, and he mentioned those did not pass QC inspection and would be scrapped. It was not many, but it’s good to see that he is willing to show that not everything is always perfect and they are inspecting, catching imperfections and removing them. 

Another thing Robby mentioned was in the coming days he would be showing the assembly line area. I’m guessing that would be the engine or trans assembly? 
If Robby is not walking around the plant will the QC be just as good?

Should this be a concern?

This is one of those times I wish I had not asked permission but asked for forgiveness! Oh well, maybe some day!
Lol, I still remember the shock when my SO found out I had one on order already. 

We had been watching the weekly videos and she asks...

Her: "These seem great. Maybe we should think about getting one?"

Me: "I already have one on order." 

Her: "you what?!"

Needless to say, I didn't mind the couch one bit that week!

I thought this was the 911 giveaway concept nevertheless they all look good to me I like it that they don’t all look alike even the 2 to 3 choices Polaris has now on the newest models doesn’t excite me

46D2457C-FABF-4080-ABCB-94749F1F4FD2.jpeg

Chassis fab building. Getting Tougher to hate, but I’m sure many will find something. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CgmsC4mAFMY/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

How many non deposit holders are still concerned that the deposit holders might be getting screwed? 

#thanksforyourconcern! 
I don’t recall to many guys on here saying you guys got screwed, let’s let them get to market and then start your bragging. I’ll buy one once they are out and proven to be the Ultimate UTV you say they already are. 

It’s  going to be fine. For one Robby is not actually doing the QC on each part himself. They have departments doing this. Plus Speed will get QC lot & batch docs and a second QC will be in TX on finished products. Right now Robby & team are making sure the parts are built to proper spec, testing them and doing random QC. This would be the same as say Polaris or Honda would have with their CM’s. Honda does not have its own people doing QC at the CM they use.  

Plus this program is a huge deal for this and the other factories involved in Speed. This is the highest quality UTV they or anyone has ever attempted. This is going to elevate their manufacturing status. Plus if they don’t perform they can be liable and very costly to them. 

I’m actually excited to see the wiring harness. He said it’s nicer then what he’s had on his TT or other race vehicles. That says a ton as he’s worked with James Linn and Pro Wire. Joe @ Pro Wire has wired my race cars, Prerunner & play buggy. While basic compared to a TT, they were very nicely done. So I’m excited to see what Speed delivers. Also curious what Delphi/Aptiv style connectors they are using? Todd said it was Delphi, which is now called Aptiv. It will be important to be able to buy matching connectors for accessories to make it all plug & play. BTW it should not be difficult to buy connectors & pins. Mouser & TTI typically carry’s Aptiv/Delphi connectors & pins. 
Don’t you think it’s pretty Ballsy to say your product is better than other well known guys that do top notch work? I mean where did he find these superior electricians who were out of work? We all know that in times like the last couple years anyone in a specialty trade who was worth a damn already had jobs. I’m not saying that these guys don’t do good work, but this just seems like another jug of kool aid being sold. Surprised your taking a big gulp with your background and first hand knowledge.

Don’t you think it’s pretty Ballsy to say your product is better than other well known guys that do top notch work? I mean where did he find these superior electricians who were out of work? We all know that in times like the last couple years anyone in a specialty trade who was worth a damn already had jobs. I’m not saying that these guys don’t do good work, but this just seems like another jug of kool aid being sold. Surprised your taking a big gulp with your background and first hand knowledge.
I’m not quite sure I follow what you’re saying but , James Lin is the brains behind the Speed UTV wiring harness. He designed it. Robby has some other company mass producing it. At least that’s what I gather. Hope that answers your question? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not quite sure I follow what you’re saying but , James Lin is the brains behind the Speed UTV wiring harness. He designed it. Robby has some other company mass producing it. At least that’s what I gather. Hope that answers your question? 
Its good to hear James Lin designed the harness. I give RG credit for bringing in good expertise on the design side of the car (him included)

It works really well if the designer does initial QA and builds a QA plan going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
I, as many on this thread, don’t follow deep into the ins and outs of how or who is a part of building this car. Per Nikals response, whom I gather knows the most about this car, Robby said the wiring harness is the best he’s seen. Even better than the ones built for his TT. He stated that Robby has used James Lin and Pro wire in the past so this was saying a lot. That lead me to believe that whomever built the harness did better work than them. If James Lin in fact designed the harness himself, than how can Robby say it was the best he’s ever seen? Pretty contradictory if you ask me. Maybe a better thing to say was this harness is the best design he’s seen from James so far? 

Back