Speed UTV

Not every time. But I guess I just don’t know why people feel the need to lie, make stuff up (fake news) to make someone look bad. Since when was it ok to tear someone down who is trying to do something? 

I see why someone might not like Shock Therapy due to his past business dealings in the sport. But what has Robby done to deserve so much hate? 

If you decided to start a new business or build a new product, how would you feel if people constantly put you down, accused you of doing something your not, or just trashing your accomplishments? And Speed UTV is about a sport we all love, by a guy who has committed his whole life to the sport. 

How would you speak or treat Scott Wine the former CEO of Polaris if you heard he was going to start a new UTV company. And trust me he would only be doing it for the money. That guy is not in the sport. He was hired to run a Polaris, and left for more money to run another corp. 
Be honest. RG kind of attracts that attention. They could have easily squashed all the rumors starting on Friday but they let the rumor mill run rampant. Great advertising but it comes with its negativity...And let's not forget where all the hate started in the very beginning about selling people's spots. 

He's one of us though, I think everyone is secretly rooting for him to be quite honest

Last edited by a moderator:
All the SXS get so offended
Already said i don’t take any offense. I think the comments are silly and sometimes dumb. People just honestly don’t know or trying to stir up 💩. I myself contribute to the silliness. All in fun. @NIKAL comes in here and speaks facts and try’s his best to clear up any misunderstandings or misinformation while giving some good insights. I appreciate that cause I’m invested in this. Isn’t that what this thread should be about? Like I told you in the “Abortion” thread, if you don’t like it , why did you click in here. If you think all SXS are all “fags” why are you here? Just scroll past it. 😁 enjoy life my friend. 44D0A367-C798-43E9-AAED-CB14ABAA6755.png

Already said i don’t take any offense. I think the comments are silly and sometimes dumb. People just honestly don’t know or trying to stir up 💩. I myself contribute to the silliness. All in fun. @NIKAL comes in here and speaks facts and try’s his best to clear up any misunderstandings or misinformation while giving some good insights. I appreciate that cause I’m invested in this. Isn’t that what this thread should be about? Like I told you in the “Abortion” thread, if you don’t like it , why did you click in here. If you think all SXS are all “fags” why are you here? Just scroll past it. 😁 enjoy life my friend. View attachment 38713
I Tried to take this site so serious and put my all into it, above is exactly spot on, no more serious posts from me unless it is a tech portion where it can help someone on the site, 

The new me, 

In reality I love Robby G, I stopped watching Dekar when he stopped racing, 

also in reality, everything is made in china,  as a production facility china will take it most serious, Mexico would be a crap  shoot on safety and keeping the plant running,  No one in the us will work for $100 a month

watch the silk road on netflix, these people work as hard as us for $100-400 A WEEK,  

ok sorry back to the non serious me, 

my next post will be even more off the wall 

Not every time. But I guess I just don’t know why people feel the need to lie, make stuff up (fake news) to make someone look bad. Since when was it ok to tear someone down who is trying to do something? 

I see why someone might not like Shock Therapy due to his past business dealings in the sport. But what has Robby done to deserve so much hate? 

If you decided to start a new business or build a new product, how would you feel if people constantly put you down, accused you of doing something your not, or just trashing your accomplishments? And Speed UTV is about a sport we all love, by a guy who has committed his whole life to the sport. 

How would you speak or treat Scott Wine the former CEO of Polaris if you heard he was going to start a new UTV company. And trust me he would only be doing it for the money. That guy is not in the sport. He was hired to run a Polaris, and left for more money to run another corp. 
Scott Wine wouldn’t have asked for deposits, nor would we have seen anything until it was ready to buy. 

I get why a lot of people like the weekly videos and insight, but it invites a lot of ill will when you tell people “we’re getting close” for 2 years. 

Scott Wine wouldn’t have asked for deposits, nor would we have seen anything until it was ready to buy. 

I get why a lot of people like the weekly videos and insight, but it invites a lot of ill will when you tell people “we’re getting close” for 2 years. 
On the other hand I would’ve never bought one had I not seen what it became from what originally was proposed

Speaking of races and adding to the quest of 200!  Anyone know who has first units to arrive and will be entering a race with it?  Sandshark races are usually your cup of tea.  Be a major statement when the first Speed enters a race and does well.  Hell if Max can enter a race with his XX and non turbo, Speed car SHOULD dominate.  
Desert racing is a whole other animal.  I would be impressed if they could jump right in and be competitive.  I know someone that plans on racing his Speed UTV once it gets it.  I am hoping I can go to some of the races with him.

My guess is it will be a year or two before they are consistently competitive.  

Max is going to be a force in the desert, if he does not get burned out from racing.  It will be interesting to see how much focus goes into the UTV racing versus RG's trophy truck program. 

You don’t know if Wine or someone else would not take deposits? I guess it would depend on if they needed sales to show proof of concept & value of the company to a bank or investors. I guarantee they would be showing cars before they were ready to sell. You have to drum up interest or no one is going to know who you are or to look for your product. No dealerships are going to sign up not seeing anything. Heck even Polaris does “Fake” leaked photos to build up hype and future sales. 

I also don’t think anyone but Robby would come out with a high performance sport machine first. And design every aspect of it. Speed could have been to market well over a year ago if they went the traditional UTV company route and bought parts from 3rd party suppliers like Team Ind for clutch & drivetrain, King or Fox shocks, Maxxis or CST for tires and found an engine supplier that also would have handled all EPA & Carb certs. But then again that’s not the machine Robby wants or his customers want. 

Most start ups would probably start off with a utility or trail machine first, with the majority of parts designed and built by 3rd party UTV suppliers. 

RG did go to third party people for clutches (Tapp) and drivetrain (Albins and Weddle).  Let's be honest, if he could of got the Z1 motor or even Yamaha to commit to providing him motors there would be no ground up motor build.  He could not get anyone to sell him motors.   

It is awesome that he said screw it and had Arlington design him a motor.  

Who knows maybe he approached King about doing shocks and they said no.  

Fox has allot of parts made in Asia. I think all of the UTV & OEM mass volume shock parts are made overseas. I think they are still assembled here in El Cajon? But it would not surprise me me if they are starting to assembled in Asia too, as the volume they are contracted to produce would make it very hard to do here. 

I think only the race stuff is still built in the USA, but then again it would not surprise me if parts are made somewhere else. 
I’m sure the parts are supplied from all over, but as far as I know, still US for enough of it:

image.jpeg

Here’s a question and good topic for discussion for everyone. 

Not everyone can afford the current Speed UTV. Would you consider buying an entry level Speed sport machine like a Wildcat XX in the $20K+ price range? 

Something like the 95 inch Bandit, but with a N/A engine with 140hp. This would still make it the most powerful N/A in the class. Keep the radiator in the back, but it would be simplified without a turbo. They could make it 68 inches wide like the KRX. With lower the HP they can build the chassis from mild steel, lose the Chromoly plate, make the suspension from mild steel tube with stamped steel & welded rear arms. 2.5 non bypass Speed shocks on 4 corners. Use electric PS, but keep the collapsible steering shaft. 

With less power they can use cast parts in the clutches. Cast parts in the N/A engine & trans. Make the trans a traditional 2 speed High/Low and remove the full locker front diff, still keeping the Speed bulkhead design as that’s a signature of Speed. Use 15 inch cast wheel and 30 or 32 inch tire, no digital dash or make it very basic with only one screen and basic gauge display. Remove the accent lighting in the grill, and make the rear bed more tub like the XX, and lose the functioning tail gate to cut cost & weight. Seats could be more generic, but still a tub style and keep 4 point seatbelts, but with a automotive buckle to cut costs. 

What do you think? Would this interest anyone? Do you think there would be a market for this? I know Arctic Cat does not sell many XX’s but that’s because they have poor dealership support and they just won’t build cars. 
I guess it really depends what you are doing with it, My max was 16K for a SXS, and did not want something like a Rhino that was a conversion, did not need a Turbo, So the KRX-1000 is pretty much the way to go for Utah area,, 

Will it ever see sand, Never, when you have something like 1000HP that does 140mph plus, then even when the car is broke the SXS, is not worth driving, not even over to North Pole or Even Comp,  The BBQ and the cooler are your only friend, 

If you dont have a sand car, then this is when you go down the rabbit hole chasing HP to make it work in the sand, no difference than a sand car, always chasing HP, 

Back