Speed UTV

Are the being assembled in TX or China?
The pre-production units they are driving in China were likely assembled in China.

Final Assembly for production units will be in Texas

I imagine they will attach the upper cage sections to the lower chassis and button up miscellaneous loose ends, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one thing that keeps me puzzled....

NOT A SINGLE 14 spoke wheel has been shown.

Do they exist? Probably.

Have they shown them? No.

I just want to see them.
695f9a8a-5806-45c1-8daf-f3898e734270-jpeg.976819

6c4e4ebd-5f23-4ae0-9f96-fa94514d495a-jpeg.976818

a5eb9bac-a091-42cd-8ef5-d6f7d64e5c20-jpeg.976820

0b751f4b-888a-485f-8b4d-0acf805c53b7-jpeg.976821

The way it was originally told to me was all the sub assemblies would be completed in the factory it was produced. So that would mean things like the motor, trans, clutching would be assembled, mated and shipped as one completed sub assembly unit. The front dif, with steering rack etc. could be assembled and shipped as an assembly. Then all these assemblies would be built into a completed car in TX. 

But recently I got the impression they might just put those sub assemblies in the main chassis in the China factory and ship the vehicle out “75 ish” % completed. Then things like wheels, seats, upper cages, bodies, graphics and any other final accessories would be assembled in TX.

They might attach all the suspension in TX too, as the main chassis & powertrain is the same for all trims & models. So it would not matter when assembled in China. It would be like they are building one trim. But the suspension colors are black, gray or orange depending on trim. So they could final assemble any trim Base, LE or RG in TX depending on what is ordered. 
Whatever you do don't call it an 80% lower...

Last edited by a moderator:
The way it was originally told to me was all the sub assemblies would be completed in the factory it was produced. So that would mean things like the motor, trans, clutching would be assembled, mated and shipped as one completed sub assembly unit. The front dif, with steering rack etc. could be assembled and shipped as an assembly. Then all these assemblies would be built into a completed car in TX. 

But recently I got the impression they might just put those sub assemblies in the main chassis in the China factory and ship the vehicle out “75 ish” % completed. Then things like wheels, seats, upper cages, bodies, graphics and any other final accessories would be assembled in TX.

They might attach all the suspension in TX too, as the main chassis & powertrain is the same for all trims & models. So it would not matter when assembled in China. It would be like they are building one trim. But the suspension colors are black, gray or orange depending on trim. So they could final assemble any trim Base, LE or RG in TX depending on what is ordered. 
I assume there’s still some finalizing that part of the production process here in the states, or that’s already been fleshed out?

Back