Speed UTV

asking for a friend, has the word "speed" been changed?  I thought it meant fast or quick..............or is it a noun now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have we seen bins full of ECUs and wire harnesses, bearings and gaskets? Like this thing's going to shift from 0 to 100 overnight here soon?
Haven’t seen bins of ECU’s and some of the other parts that go on the machine, but he did show the wiring harnesses being made up a few weeks ago. He’s been really transparent but at the same time he doesn’t need to show us all of the behind the scenes mfg. 

I was thinking maybe the facility in Texas already has a good amount of the bulky items like chassis, cages, arms shocks wheels and tires. The rest of the smaller items like engines transmission electrical etc. can all be freighted over by air to expedite the first 100 or so cars like @1HasBeen mentioned earlier?  Anyways it’s cool all you guys are super interested in this thing even the haters and sh1t talkers. RG has your attention and is living rent free in some of your heads. 🤣

Haven’t seen bins of ECU’s and some of the other parts that go on the machine, but he did show the wiring harnesses being made up a few weeks ago. He’s been really transparent but at the same time he doesn’t need to show us all of the behind the scenes mfg. 

I was thinking maybe the facility in Texas already has a good amount of the bulky items like chassis, cages, arms shocks wheels and tires. The rest of the smaller items like engines transmission electrical etc. can all be freighted over by air to expedite the first 100 or so cars like @1HasBeen mentioned earlier?  Anyways it’s cool all you guys are super interested in this thing even the haters and sh1t talkers. RG has your attention and is living rent free in some of your heads. 🤣
Robby has been living rent free with all the deposit holders money for how long now? Sure a lot of new names popping up on this thread, everybody must think its go time!

Show me in my reply where I was hating.. I was just asking because it looks like it's all coming together.

Am I leary? Yes... Only takes one bearing or one chip to shutdown the line..

Show me in my reply where I was hating.. I was just asking because it looks like it's all coming together.

Am I leary? Yes... Only takes one bearing or one chip to shutdown the line..
I Didn’t think at all you were hating, that’s why I separated the paragraphs. I was answering you in the first paragraph. The second paragraph was just my general observation. I’m confused why you would take offense to it? And I agree with you, something so small could shut it all down. 

I'm interested in everything off road related. Any OHV put out by the manufacturers is cool  I don't care if it's a farm quad.

Thick skin folks, this sport we are in doesn't give participation trophies...lol.

@Rockwood. Wonder what the date code is on those speed tires.. :cheff:

Hahahaa 

I talked with todd a few weeks ago and asked him during the development stages of the egine if they considered free valve technology like on the koenigsegg hypercars. he had never heard of it. i told him i understand at this point its not someting that can be changed but maby a future upgrade from an aftermarket. its my understanding that it would be less moving parts,  more fuel effeciant, have more power and can automaticly monator and adjust valve height and timing with octain and knock sensors. i know koenigsegg has patents but it cant be too difficult. there was a guy on youtube that 3d printed one in his garage and got his miata driving. he said he would look into it. 

I'm interested in everything off road related. Any OHV put out by the manufacturers is cool  I don't care if it's a farm quad.

Thick skin folks, this sport we are in doesn't give participation trophies...lol.

@Rockwood. Wonder what the date code is on those speed tires.. :cheff:

Hahahaa 
"Stored inside"... :biggrin:

15 minutes ago, Pyrocoyote1 said:

I talked with todd a few weeks ago and asked him during the development stages of the egine if they considered free valve technology like on the koenigsegg hypercars. he had never heard of it. i told him i understand at this point its not someting that can be changed but maby a future upgrade from an aftermarket. its my understanding that it would be less moving parts,  more fuel effeciant, have more power and can automaticly monator and adjust valve height and timing with octain and knock sensors. i know koenigsegg has patents but it cant be too difficult. there was a guy on youtube that 3d printed one in his garage and got his miata driving. he said he would look into it. 

Freevalve is sick...

But the only OEM offering is a not so mass-produced $1.7M car. Probably going to be a bit before it shows up in peasant class vehicles, assuming ICE doesn't go the way of the Dodo before then.

tons of effort for sure

but why aren't there 100s of workers in stations, it's like they are all on union break (that's not how china does it)
Sure did not look like any workers were in the building.  Maybe they were inside the CNC machines hand carving parts. LOL!  

Sure did not look like any workers were in the building.  Maybe they were inside the CNC machines hand carving parts. LOL!  
Foreigners in there might give them the 'vid and get them all a one-way ticket to covid camp?

Foreigners in there might give them the 'vid and get them all a one-way ticket to covid camp?
aee0f23afb702bcc86e0852e269621ea_w200.gif

@Crusty @Rockwood do you guys really think it was 2 years ago when he showed us a “stack of tires” and those are now in some storage unit just waiting to be put on our cars? Those tires came out right before last years SSSS. Hasn’t even been a full year. I’m sure those went onto the preproduction cars and some were sold to the public. Doubt he’ll put old tires on the production cars. 
495E6A1A-2108-4D9F-97C5-27A6BC4243A5.jpeg
Come on man, you’re better than that.  :biggrin:

Are the LE models not coming with anything that was originally promised? 

By the way RG Posted another live feed and said it was midnight where he’s at. Hope that explains to some of you guys why you see hardly anyone there. Says they have about 3,500 workers working 2 shifts and about to add another. Robots are working away though. 

Back