Speed UTV

What’s the whole BS, CA registration thingy your talking about? 
they are going to issue a MSO  so you will have to take that to DMV , Have the Vin number verified, pay the tax and registration before you can ride. Be a  effing nightmare in California.

they are going to issue a MSO  so you will have to take that to DMV , Have the Vin number verified, pay the tax and registration before you can ride. Be a  effing nightmare in California.
That should only happen if you take delivery out of state. If you get it from a CA dealer they should be able to do the registration with no need to go to the DMV. 

Wow @Lord of the Dunes that’s pretty low of you to say something like that. I thought you were a better person than that? Why would you EVER put the Gremlin down like that?!!!  Lol
I actually thought about that when I posted. Then I figured anyone who owned a Gremlin might not want to admit it. To those who are willing to admit it, my apologies!

:lol:

I was just going to say what Sand Shark said. No different then if you buy a car out of state. I buy my trucks in Vegas. I bring them to CA, then I have to smog it, weight it and then go to the DMV for paperwork/taxes. 

Take delivery at Veys, FBC or ??? then it is just like buying any other SxS

I don't see these Speed UTV being able to get CA OHV registered as specially constructed (SPCNS) OHV.

Unlike a Sand Car or custom built ATC (I had one that had this sticker) your not assembling any of it.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/handbook/vehicle-industry-registration-procedures-manual-2/off-highway-vehicles/specially-constructed-ohvs/

The "file MFG MSO at DMV, go to CHP get VIN, go back to DMV to get a OHV RED sticker" will be the route for CA Residents, until they get CA ARB Approved at least.

CA Dealers will only be able to deliver them, but they will not be able to do any of the registration / DMV paperwork for you at all, until they get CA ARB Approved at least.

:deal:  Business Opportunity for a person who figures it all out to make some $$$ providing this Service to CA Speed Owners who don't want to hassle.

Registering in CA. Pfft. 
ever bought anything from out of state? 
same deal. 
instead of CHP and DMV, just use a service and get it done quick. 
Bought an open trailer from MO. Had to get VIN verified, pay registration and tax. All done in the same day. 
2 weeks later, got title in the mail. 
I ordered through a dealership and according to them, they have to handle all of that before they can release the car. 

These are not special Construction. They will be VIN#, and ID as UTV’s just like a Polaris or Can Am. 

The only possible hiccup is if CARB is not final. But it does not have to be published to be final. Just because you can’t find it does not mean it’s not done. It’s been said due to “Covid” that CARB was behind. But that did not keep Polaris from selling the Pro R which was not published at the time they hit the dealer floors. But was said to be CARB compliant when it was on the dealer floors. 

Maybe you weren’t in the OG thread, but I had posted that Speed was using the same company that Can Am and Arctic Cat uses to get their vehicles through the CARB /EPA process. So it’s not Todd & Robby trying to figure it out. It’s an actual company and this is what they do. The majority of the process is documentation paperwork and filing the docs. 
I am guessing when they talked about the 49 state stuff that was an indication CARB is behind on getting their paperwork or whatever needed to be done.   There is no way they produce a car that does not met CARB as a good chunk of their sales will be from CA. 

I am guessing when they talked about the 49 state stuff that was an indication CARB is behind on getting their paperwork or whatever needed to be done.   There is no way they produce a car that does not met CARB as a good chunk of their sales will be from CA. 
Agreed. 
However, my understanding is that if you register in another state for a year, then you can register in CA after that. 

Agreed. 
However, my understanding is that if you register in another state for a year, then you can register in CA after that. 
Not sure how that works.  If you don't have an address to register it in another state you are stuck waiting on a CARB approved car. 

I could care less about hitting the 200 page mark. We are at the 2 week mark since Todd announced that cars would be hitting final assembly in 2-3 weeks. Hopefully next weeks show they confirm that!! 

I could care less about hitting the 200 page mark. We are at the 2 week mark since Todd announced that cars would be hitting final assembly in 2-3 weeks. Hopefully next weeks show they confirm that!! 
Considering they are testing wraps on Master #23, I think they have some cars past final assembly...

Considering they are testing wraps on Master #23, I think they have some cars past final assembly...
True that. But I’m talking about Texas facility Final assembly. Believe you’re an early car,(300’s and DTA earlier then that)  so let us know when you get the phone call for 30 day delivery. 😁

Not sure how that works.  If you don't have an address to register it in another state you are stuck waiting on a CARB approved car. 
Use a DMV service in AZ. Pick an address out of the phone book. Use your CA address as the mailing address. Everything comes back with your CA address on it. 

Back