Speed UTV

Anybody who’s done all the upgrades to the Can-Am or Polaris that would make it equal to the way the speed is Built will be at about the same weight
I will bet the can Am still weighs less.  

my Can Am 2 seater with all my stuff weighs less than the Bandit 

Until CA ARB gives them clearance any date they promise is just an empty promise.  He can have every car ready for delivery and CA ARB can in typical bureaucracy fashion send him back to the drawing board for another review and another 18 months.  Hell they could push him back far enough that he will have to submit on it being a EV. 
In addition to CA ARB, I believe there are other legal hoops, like a license to sell and/or distribute in every state, that they need to jump through. Hopefully these are already in place. 

In addition to CA ARB, I believe there are other legal hoops, like a license to sell and/or distribute in every state, that they need to jump through. Hopefully these are already in place. 
I would assume they have all that in order by now.  

Reactions: FOG
Anyone know someone who got a :drunkdial:  from Todd Romano yet?

ted-striker-airplane.gif

Brother In Laws, neighbor who heard it from a co-worker could even count.

200.gif

2 months away now..

s422_logoheader_2000x600%20%281%29.jpg

We did the RC thing this weekend too. About once a month we get a group of dads & kids and we do our version of Stadium Super Trucks with Traxxas Slashes. It was something we started during Covid to get together outside and have a good time. We have up to 13-14 people come out to play. The rules are stock brushed slashes/Lipo battery’s ok, aluminum parts ok. But keep them stock & cheap. Plus we are out of control and don’t need to go faster! Lol The track is in the street & driveway and we have 4 jumps. Yes the asphalt tears the trucks apart, but it’s fun, you laugh and because they are mostly stock parts they are cheap. Biggest expense is replacement bodies as they take a beating! 

Here’s a few pictures & video if it works of a previous get together. 

View attachment 36987

View attachment 36988

IMG_8879.MOV 88.52 MB · 0 downloads
That is awesome.  We started with the Slashes and dusted those off when covid hit.  That turned into an Arrma 1/8th scale buggy that runs on 4S or 6S.  It does 70mph.  We bashed on that and then on whim headed to the track to race.  My kid had a great time and picked up the racing quickly.  

Went from basher cars to race buggies.   Now have 1/8th scale buggy (Team Associated RC8B4E) and 1/8th scale truggy and 1/10th scale 4wd buggy.  We do club racing and over the last few months been going out to the 1/8th scale races in a series called JBRL.   Last weekend it was legit pros in the open class (two former world champions). 

car.jpg

car2.jpg

I used to do the rc thing with my son many years ago. I gave up. I spent more time working on cars than I did getting to drive mine! We had nitro cars, brushed cars, and brushless over the years. His car would break and then he drove mine til his was fixed. About the time his was fixed, mine was coming in broke! Decided to buy him an axial rock crawler. That was the best investment! Too slow to break anything and yet tons of fun crawling boulders at my house or the firewood pile at the desert! 

I used to do the rc thing with my son many years ago. I gave up. I spent more time working on cars than I did getting to drive mine! We had nitro cars, brushed cars, and brushless over the years. His car would break and then he drove mine til his was fixed. About the time his was fixed, mine was coming in broke! Decided to buy him an axial rock crawler. That was the best investment! Too slow to break anything and yet tons of fun crawling boulders at my house or the firewood pile at the desert! 
I don't mind wrenching as I don't race in the bigger events.   If something breaks it is usually a quick fix as the Team Associated buggies are super easy to work on and maintain.  The buggies have been pretty durable.    

Bashing we found the Arrma Typhon 6S to be the toughest out there.  It has been launched and smashed and keeps going.  We put a 6s in it and launched it off a skateboard ramp.  It flew a good 60 feet and at least 10' in the air.  Landed on the nose and nothing broke. 

I would assume they have all that in order by now.  
I wouldn’t assume anything at this stage. 
It would be nice to know if Speed has completed all of it’s legal due diligence to be able to sell in all states. 

Needs '59 Caddy tailfins to go wit the Escalade front? It could be worse, like a Polarass Slingshot.  If the cars perform as promised, the looks will be secondary IMHO.

I wouldn’t assume anything at this stage. 
It would be nice to know if Speed has completed all of it’s legal due diligence to be able to sell in all states. 
The legal stuff can take place quietly in the background while they dazzle us with weekly shows.  

• Haha
Reactions: FOG
Back