Speed UTV

I can see the benefit of having the belt temp if running the dunes where your putting long hard loads in the belt. Or if your doing long continuous runs like on a Baja trip or something like that. Another benefit would be in a race situation, and all the racers I’ve know have run belt temp gauges. This allows them to push harder or back off to help protect the belt or request a belt change at a pit if they knew they got it too hot. 

For the average weekend rider doing things like Ocotillo, Plaster/Superstition, Barstow etc.. I don’t think it’s as needed at Shark said. But I also know there are drivers who can’t figure out how this belt thing works, and constantly complain about having belt failure issues. Then other people doing the exact same riding have zero issues. So it can definitely be driver error as to why belts don’t last. 

Personally I’ve never had a belt temp gauge and I’ve also never lost a belt. I’ve measured my belts after doing a 500-600 mile Baja trips and the wear was minimal and consistent. I’m also a big believer of just changing out belts as good maintenance and precaution. It’s cheap insurance for me. I’ll start each season on a new belt. If I have two desert trips and plan a Baja trip, it gets a fresh belt. A good used belt is like gold. Sure I have had lots of great spare belts, and I’ve also given some away. I always carry a spare, and if doing trip will carry two. 

I’m torn on if I want to get this new bundle. I’d really like a rear camera and the belt temp as this will be a new car and I’d like to know & learn how the belt & cooling perform. I could care less about a front camera as I think those are more gimmicky then useful. I also have little interest in the TPMS and can see it being an issue later on. So for me this new package seems like a lot of money. But the reality is I can’t just buy just the rear camera, even when available outside of the bundle. And eventually when you can buy each piece independently it’s still going to be $1000 for the two items and getting the dash turned on. 
In racing application I can see the belt temp gauge being handy, but even those guys have things pretty dialed and have their planned belt change stops in the longer races.  

Front camera would be cool when crawling up trails where line of sight might be an issue. 

If you run an Ipad you can hook up a camera to it and use it for your GPS app.  

Tire sensors are a novelty for the recreational user.  Could be handy in race application.  

I also am up in the air on the "bundle". I am curious what @DTA heard that he likes. I am guessing blinkers. I really don't need the cameras and air sensors. The belt temp would be cool but I don't know if it is needed. 

All of the items would be nice to have and I would probably pay attention to them the first few times out....then never use them again. 

If blinkers are the secret selling point, I am sure the aftermarket will offer something. But that will probably cost $1000 in the end. 
@DTA this makes 2 of us. I’d like to know what made you decide on it. I take PM’s if you don’t want to post in here😁. I’d call Mike Rebello since he’s my salesman and ask, just not sure if he even knows all the details you got. I’ll give him a call tomorrow anyways. 

In racing application I can see the belt temp gauge being handy, but even those guys have things pretty dialed and have their planned belt change stops in the longer races.  

Front camera would be cool when crawling up trails where line of sight might be an issue. 

If you run an Ipad you can hook up a camera to it and use it for your GPS app.  

Tire sensors are a novelty for the recreational user.  Could be handy in race application.  
I spend more time checking tire pressure than really anything else on the X3, lol. 

So by the end of the year huh? I almost want to change out my hundred to pennies to pay them for making me wait but the bank probably doesnt carry that much change anymore. Either way I am sure it was worth or is worth the wait!

So by the end of the year huh? I almost want to change out my hundred to pennies to pay them for making me wait but the bank probably doesnt carry that much change anymore. Either way I am sure it was worth or is worth the wait!
Maybe they will take crypto and pennies. 

The El Jeffe is a big car. 
200.gif

It's not small, no no no!

166 pages so far over ~58 weeks or 2.9 pages per week.

10 weeks means on average we will have 29 more pages.

166+29 = 195 pages

IT WILL BE CLOSE!

Until CA ARB gives them clearance any date they promise is just an empty promise.  He can have every car ready for delivery and CA ARB can in typical bureaucracy fashion send him back to the drawing board for another review and another 18 months.  Hell they could push him back far enough that he will have to submit on it being a EV. 

Reactions: FOG
Back